Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2011-07-29, 07:16
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic View Post
odysseus seriously you are the one trolling this thread not anakin. anakin made a point that wasn't of the tinfoil hat variety and called you on your shit and now you're calling him a troll. he's basically right and you're wrong soz
Hi Elliptic, found your way out of the woods again I see.
I recall last time you started a troll thread about the holocaust. So yeah guess you know how to be a good troll.

At least with anakin its a verb, used playfully to describe how he was just acting like a bit of an ass. I don't mind people acting like asses btw, sometimes it can make conversations fun. :P

Anyway this thread is about DarkOnistar asking people if they want an invite for Google+. So I suggest you go troll elsewhere. And indeed if others want to expand reflecting on the whole facebook, google+ private/public thing, perhaps it needs another thread.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2011-07-29, 08:08
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v5g_GFm1W0
Old 2011-07-29, 14:37
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Odysseus your profile says you're 30...that can't possibly be true though...right?
(unless you're an aspergers which would explain a lot)
Old 2011-07-29, 16:15
the hobbits to Otringal

Let me ignore the fact you are just bored and being obnoxious.
Since its more fun to go over this one more time.

Your reaction:
Quote:
wow, i figured google enacted that policy to prevent people from creating multiple accounts, trolling and harassing other users,soliciting, and all the other naughty things people can do with the protection of anonyimity.

But yeah, your conspiracy theory is a better explanation.
If you initionally had grasped what was being said. Then you would know it had nothing to do with "explaining" anything of such nature.
It was not at all about exploring any underlying reasons or intentions. It wasn't even touching on the subject of why google enacted any policy ever at all.

So it's clear you make things up while you go. Don't read or care to understand. But well, I guess we all get bored and obnoxious now and then. Always nice when we can snap out of it tho.

Here have some music. :-o

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225

Last edited by Odysseus; 2011-07-29 at 16:33.
Old 2011-07-29, 17:02
Party animal

ok let me clear this up:
what i said in that quoted text was aimed mainly at CF.
i know nothing i said there contradicts what you said, like i said, the whole conspiracy theory thing was aimed at CF. what you said wasn't conspiracy-theorish, it was just wrong. nobody's peer pressuring anybody to reveal personal info.

i mean, what are you suggesting here, that around the world junior high students are making fun of the weird kid: "hahaha, look at Tommy, he didn't fill in the 'about myself' section in his facebook page! what a loser!"

and as for the being obnoxious part, i don't recall me saying anything remotely obnoxious (except for a sarcastic tone in the original post)
until you called me an "ass" simply for disagreeing with you.

i made a post in which i meant every word i said, you accused of trolling and then you called me an ass. even if you're right and i'm wrong about this facebook thing, you sure as hell dont get to call *me* obnoxious you little shit.
Old 2011-07-29, 17:24
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
ok let me clear this up:
what i said in that quoted text was aimed mainly at CF.
Ow, well thats pretty esencial and not too apparent, reading back even. Good then.
Quote:
i know nothing i said there contradicts what you said, like i said, the whole conspiracy theory thing was aimed at CF. what you said wasn't conspiracy-theorish, it was just wrong. nobody's peer pressuring anybody to reveal personal info.

i mean, what are you suggesting here, that around the world junior high students are making fun of the weird kid: "hahaha, look at Tommy, he didn't fill in the 'about myself' section in his facebook page! what a loser!"
As I mentioned the word pressure might sounds bad to you, but it can take most any form.
It sure is a big part of how these things work. Why else you think its by "invite" in the case of G+? They arn't stupid.
Quote:
and as for the being obnoxious part, i don't recall me saying anything remotely obnoxious (except for a sarcastic tone in the original post)
until you called me an "ass" simply for disagreeing with you.
I said acting like an ass, not calling you an ass.
And I would have been happy to hear why, and on what you would disagree. And that seems clear now.
But then I would ask you to think agian about the word peer pressure. It simply isnt synonym with bullying and such.
Quote:
i made a post in which i meant every word i said, you accused of trolling and then you called me an ass. even if you're right and i'm wrong about this facebook thing, you sure as hell dont get to call *me* obnoxious you little shit.
And agian being obnoxious is not something you are. Rather it's something you do.
A bit like one can be shittig little shits, but one can not actually be a little shit.

Last edited by Odysseus; 2011-07-29 at 18:37.
Old 2011-07-29, 21:31
the legend

THIS is another evidence of their WORLD DOMINATION AGENDA CONSPIRACY UFOS ILUMINATTI AREA51 GREENPEACE ZOIDBERG TOMATOES 2012 END OF THE WORLD plan.

PS: lighten up already.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2011-07-29, 23:13
World Designer: Colozen

Send a message via MSN to DarkOnistar
If Facebook were new and I started this topic, I'd get similar replies.
In short the problem with things like Google.. etc is: 'The trade off between conveyance or security.' Its a social engineering problem; a common example is how people steal your debit card details over the phone by convincing you with pieces of information you know is true to make you believe that they are trust worthy or know everything.

As for online security; I know my mates have an idea where I live. My ISP links me to the nearest server to connect to the internet so after a while my mates could draw a triangle. - If there wasn't so many connection points it wouldn't be as easy to narrow the search but that's the trade off. (The whole IP trace was kinda silly though as I mentioned my nearest town/city anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
~snippy~ So yeah guess you know how to be a good troll.
Speaking of trolling (mate on teamspeak linked me this): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

Quote:
(unless you're an aspergers which would explain a lot)
wait.. what?
Lord of the rings / LBA2 Spoof videos

Last edited by DarkOnistar; 2011-07-29 at 23:24.
Old 2011-07-30, 01:54
weee

Quote:
Odysseus your profile says you're 30...that can't possibly be true though...right?
Should I point out the irony?

I would answer to your original post that was mainly aimed at me but I lost my appetite.
Old 2011-07-30, 02:05
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Should I point out the irony?

I would answer to your original post that was mainly aimed at me but I lost my appetite.
Old 2011-07-30, 02:08
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Hi Elliptic, found your way out of the woods again I see.
I recall last time you started a troll thread about the holocaust. So yeah guess you know how to be a good troll.

At least with anakin its a verb, used playfully to describe how he was just acting like a bit of an ass. I don't mind people acting like asses btw, sometimes it can make conversations fun. :P

Anyway this thread is about DarkOnistar asking people if they want an invite for Google+. So I suggest you go troll elsewhere. And indeed if others want to expand reflecting on the whole facebook, google+ private/public thing, perhaps it needs another thread.
why are you such a terrible poster?????

ok actually gonna post on topic here but the internet is a much different place than when we were all babbies (although tbf a lot of you are still babbies). you no longer need a a persona on the internet, anonymity is no longer valued as it once was and social networking is not just an extension of our everyday lives. it's good to be wary about your personal details on the internet but it's good to be careful with them in general no matter where you go and who you speak to on or offline.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2011-07-30, 02:09
weee

Quote:
Just to be clear in case I wasn't... I agree with Ody. At the very least he's not being terribly offensive. Maybe I'm getting old but can't we all just be civil?
Old 2011-07-30, 02:11
the legend

Despite the humoristic tone in my last post, that google campaign of "email intervention" stuff is odd, indeed.
And I have to say I agree with Odysseus as well. And 'liptic, how's it like in the woods...

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:54
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic View Post
why are you such a terrible poster?????
Cause I can hardly ignore you?

But like I said reading back it's not apparent what Anakin said wasn't aimed at the thing I wrote.
So I thought he was just bored and trying to avoke some reaction. So I called trolling.
Then things became even less clear since he said:
"i don't understand, anyone who disagrees with you is trolling?"
That points even more in the direction that he apparently addressed something I had said. And so on and so on, the end.

Quote:
ok actually gonna post on topic here but the internet is a much different place than when we were all babbies (although tbf a lot of you are still babbies). you no longer need a a persona on the internet, anonymity is no longer valued as it once was and social networking is not just an extension of our everyday lives. it's good to be wary about your personal details on the internet but it's good to be careful with them in general no matter where you go and who you speak to on or offline.
You are right to say is no longer valued as it was. And to me that is a sign that a lot of people are uneducated and/or ignorant on these matters.
I don't have the illusion it can be stopped either, and in general there can be a lot of benefits to it.
And it's good to be wary about personal stuff both ofline and online, but they sure are not interchangeable on that level.
What other things will become common to give up to enable one to use a service. What is next?
We all know how facebook made spills regarding privacy.
But yeah even without all that. The ease with how kids and adults jump into public life with their real name from their confortable homes. It's ridiculous and naieve.

In the end we get to be the spectators.
It's at least interesting how things will take shape things in the future. Doom or gloom, or happy bluebirds and pink clouds.

Last edited by Odysseus; 2011-07-30 at 09:19.
Old 2011-07-30, 09:38
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOnistar View Post
If Facebook were new and I started this topic, I'd get similar replies.
In short the problem with things like Google.. etc is: 'The trade off between conveyance or security.' Its a social engineering problem; a common example is how people steal your debit card details over the phone by convincing you with pieces of information you know is true to make you believe that they are trust worthy or know everything.

As for online security; I know my mates have an idea where I live. My ISP links me to the nearest server to connect to the internet so after a while my mates could draw a triangle. - If there wasn't so many connection points it wouldn't be as easy to narrow the search but that's the trade off. (The whole IP trace was kinda silly though as I mentioned my nearest town/city anyway).
Yeah, those are real problems too.
Btw I guess google sure has my name in some acounts. It's not me I am worried about.
It's more how people giving up their anonymity and seem to have no sence that they are publishing in a world wide public arena. Untrained, and in a medium that does not lightly forget anything.
And more such things that have their repercussions on the shape of the internet aswell as on the rest of the world.

Old 2011-07-30, 10:13
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Just to be clear in case I wasn't... I agree with Ody. At the very least he's not being terribly offensive. Maybe I'm getting old but can't we all just be civil?
yeah that thumbs up was sarcastic dude..
also it's not very relevant whether you agree with ody because like i said my main disagreement is with your "taking over the world" theory.

btw,
like i summed up in my one before last post, i was being perfectly civil until i was acussed of trolling and being an ass. even if my original post had been aimed at "ody" it doesn't justify his respone.
and yet somehow *i'm* the one being offensive.
seriously read the posts carefully and see who's the one that started with the insults.

or better yet, don't. this is way too tiresome.
thank you for your time, etc.

Tags
facebook, google, google+, social