Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2012-04-04, 22:24
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsen I have beaten Frederick's 90's Games!

I have finally beaten all the Games Frederick has made during the 90's! Well... Almost all of them. I have beaten Alone in the Dark, LBA1, Time Commando, and finally LBA2! It's crazy how many times I have finally played these Games. I didn't want to play the sequal to AITD because they seemed to be far too different from the first one. But that is my opinion. What games have you Quetches beaten by Frederick Raynal?
Old 2012-04-05, 12:55
Polly parrot

Only the LBAs I must say ^^'
What kind of game is Time Commando ?
Old 2012-04-05, 17:05
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Only the LBAs I must say ^^'
What kind of game is Time Commando ?
Time Commando is mostly an action game. I don't know the story exactly, becuase I have only beaten it about once. You start out in this sci-fi company and the people are testing experiments, then this one "Bad-Guy" secretly gets into their experiment and sends a virus to the computer's database. After this, all time periods start colliding, and you have to save the world and stop the virus from the destruction of the world. You play as Stanley. A tall-buff guy who is really quick and fast at punching. When LBA2 came out, he was put as an easter egg, you can see him in the Emperor's Palace in LBA2. Just check all of the rooms on the West side of the Palace, you should find him. He wears a yellow suit.
Old 2012-04-05, 21:25
the legend

Hey there.

Nice you did that! Completing Fred's games once in your life is a must for every serious gamer, imo.

I've finished Time Commando (thousands of times, with/without cheats, fighting with no guns, and all possible things, what a wonderful game it was back then), LBA 1 & 2, and AITD 1 & 3 (not 2). I agree with you on AITD, the other two apparently have not been developed by Fred I think, or atleast, it became more of a franchise than the innovative game the 1st one was, so yeah, the game wasn't as interesting and was more commercial more to say. And I don't know if it counts, but I've played bOxOn as well.

@Polaris: Heresy! How can one not know Time Commando. You should be ashamed, and the only way to redeem it is to... well, play the darn game.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-04-06, 04:32
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Hey there.

Nice you did that! Completing Fred's games once in your life is a must for every serious gamer, imo.

I've finished Time Commando (thousands of times, with/without cheats, fighting with no guns, and all possible things, what a wonderful game it was back then), LBA 1 & 2, and AITD 1 & 3 (not 2). I agree with you on AITD, the other two apparently have not been developed by Fred I think, or atleast, it became more of a franchise than the innovative game the 1st one was, so yeah, the game wasn't as interesting and was more commercial more to say. And I don't know if it counts, but I've played bOxOn as well.

@Polaris: Heresy! How can one not know Time Commando. You should be ashamed, and the only way to redeem it is to... well, play the darn game.
Believe it or not, some people haven't played all games. I haven't even played or beaten bOxOn. Maybe I should get around to it sometime. And also maybe I should try to beat AITD 2 and 3 even though the first was different in many ways. Anyways, thanks!
Old 2012-04-06, 12:52
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I still haven't played Time Commando
Old 2012-04-06, 17:34
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I still haven't played Time Commando
Well, to let you know, you can buy it on Gog.com for $5.99. Maybe it's different though from your location. I live in the U.S and it's only 6 Dollars. You should go and get Time Commando! It's got tank controls just like almost all of the other games Frederick has made! Don't be down, and try it.
Old 2012-04-06, 18:12
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I want too...no time right now...so much to do :~
But, yes, the price is great on Gog right now.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:09
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Time commando is a great game, i always liked it. Not as much as a liked LBA (LBA is more story-driven, and i really great story too!) But it was one of my favorite games back then and it still is.

Just recently i bought the ps1 version again and played it.. but it's a lot harder now.. well maybe i suck..nowadays..

I could hardly pass the first level.. because the gorilla kicked my ass everytime. (Forgot to pick up the rocks etc).

Old 2012-04-07, 22:59
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieniepaninii View Post
Time commando is a great game, i always liked it. Not as much as a liked LBA (LBA is more story-driven, and i really great story too!) But it was one of my favorite games back then and it still is.

Just recently i bought the ps1 version again and played it.. but it's a lot harder now.. well maybe i suck..nowadays..

I could hardly pass the first level.. because the gorilla kicked my ass everytime. (Forgot to pick up the rocks etc).

To be honest, heck, I love both games! I like LBA just a bit more than Time Commando, but they will still both be my favorite games. Also, I want to try to get my own Ps1 sometime just to get LBA1 and Time Commando for it.
Old 2012-04-07, 23:02
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I want too...no time right now...so much to do :~
But, yes, the price is great on Gog right now.
Don't worry, you'll get the chance soon, I sence it. Hopefully Frederick will get the chance to fully make a Remastered LBA1 and maybe an LBA3 will be made sometime. I know you'll get Time Commando sometime. And yeah, I am busy also. There is always going to be some point in your life where you will have free time.
Old 2012-04-08, 04:05
LOLwut?

Heh, I never played Time Commando, but I've tried Alone in The Dark and it was hard as hell!

Old 2012-04-08, 04:17
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
Heh, I never played Time Commando, but I've tried Alone in The Dark and it was hard as hell!
Awsome! I beat Alone in The Dark, and sure enough, it was hard! Time Commando can be bought from Gog.com for I think $5.99. But the price I think depends on the location that you live. I have beaten Time Commando though.

Tags
action, adventure, fred, games