Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: MBN Wrestlefest 2K13: Tie Breaker
Kitarii & A_LIPSTICK 9 52.94%
Jesse & SpaceGuitarist 8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-09, 05:18
the legend

Fair enough.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-05-09, 05:22
<3 MP

Naturally.
Old 2013-05-09, 10:13
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
That's a trap.

The poll expires on FRIDAY so stop postponing your votes until the last friggin' minute.
VOTE FOR JESSE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE (and remember: it's not about me, I'm just trying to help).

I can't do anything but postpone, as I've seen nothing from Jesse or Kit yet...
Old 2013-05-09, 10:41
Neko

I"ll have something tonight. The deadline is a bit too tight.
Old 2013-05-09, 10:46
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I can't do anything but postpone, as I've seen nothing from Jesse or Kit yet...
You have, our poster
Old 2013-05-09, 10:50
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
, either like Rex and Anakin trying to shame my name
trying to shame you? i just didn't like you gloating about ratchet having no votes, when she was clearly a bit disappointed (it was especially strange for someone who claims to not take this thing seriously), and yeah, voting for no one but yourself = being a bad sport.

so all i was doing was expressing my opinion, not trying to shame you.

In a parallel universe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceguitarist
Sorry guys, my bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
It takes maturity to admit a mistake, and I appreciate that
Old 2013-05-09, 11:14
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
trying to shame you? i just didn't like you gloating about ratchet having no votes, when she was clearly a bit disappointed (it was especially strange for someone who claims to not take this thing seriously), and yeah, voting for no one but yourself = being a bad sport.

so all i was doing was expressing my opinion, not trying to shame you.

In a parallel universe:

^ here, have my like.

On the other hand: his poster redeems him, it's really cool
Old 2013-05-09, 11:14
Idyllic + whimsical

Voting for no one but yourself in something that's supposed to be for fun just seems kind of low to me. You're not Saddam Hussein but it's worth pointing out.
Both you and Battler did something not very nice in the wrestlefest, but (hold your horses Battler) the difference between you two is that Battler admitted it wasn't appropriate and said he's sorry, while you're just complaining that we're shaming you and whining to every girl here that she doesn't love you and doesn't help you win.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-05-09, 15:38
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
Oh yeah, I remember this. SGK did gloat about me having 0 votes, and the campaign he made for himself was rude towards me and made fun of me by rubbing the fact that I had 0 votes in my face. That's right.

That was pretty dick

Thanks for reminding me, Anakin. +1 for you

-1 for SGK

Last edited by Zee; 2013-05-09 at 16:11.
Old 2013-05-09, 16:43
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
You have, our poster
It seemed to be only the work of SGK... did you contribute to it ? If yes, my bad '
Old 2013-05-09, 16:43
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
Oh yeah, I remember this. SGK did gloat about me having 0 votes, and the campaign he made for himself was rude towards me and made fun of me by rubbing the fact that I had 0 votes in my face. That's right.

That was pretty dick

Thanks for reminding me, Anakin. +1 for you

-1 for SGK
I gotta do damage controll :/
Old 2013-05-09, 16:45
<3 MP

Damage control?
Old 2013-05-09, 16:47
the legend

Pfft.

I won't even start to reply on all this...
Old 2013-05-09, 16:55
Idyllic + whimsical

The putting a smiley and acting like "I ain't even mad" trick due to not having any good way to respond is really common in this forum...
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-05-09, 16:59
<3 MP

^^ This, coming from the guy who went on and on last night, asking why I'm making a campaign for Lipstick instead of you and claiming that I also have something against you just because I hang around in #lba.
Old 2013-05-09, 16:59
the legend

@ Ratchet: Whoa, so now making 2 posts about something of which I found odd because I forgot that in the OTHER thread days ago you had offered to help to make a campaign, equals to "going on and on"? Just goes to show the level of distortion and BS going around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
The putting a smiley and acting like "I ain't even mad" trick due to not having any good way to respond is really common in this forum...
Nope, it simply takes an enormous amount of patience to deal with all the bullshit, and precious time.

So I'd rather just laugh, because frankly if you guys can't realize on your own, then making a long reply to explain point-by-point won't help either.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-05-09, 17:04
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
It seemed to be only the work of SGK... did you contribute to it ? If yes, my bad '
Nope, I did it on my own to help, and yes it's very strange that neither Kit, A_LIPSTICK and Jesse are making any campaigns whatsoever - while we have like 26 hours to the end of the poll. Great competition this is...

Old 2013-05-09, 17:10
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
@ Ratchet: Whoa, so now making 2 posts about something of which I found odd because I forgot that in the OTHER thread days ago you had offered to help to make a campaign, equals to "going on and on"? Just goes to show the level of distortion and BS going around here.
This is a joke, right? What exactly is ODD about this? (And you're talking about distortion and BS? You falsely accuse me of being against you and helping the "enemy" because you failed to ask me to campaign for you. Assusing me of nothing I did wrong, just because you didn't get your way, is what's BS).

Going on and on meaning accusing me of being against you when I don't recall doing anything that would give you even the slightest impression that I was. Also, if I gave everyone involved in the wrestlefest a chance to have a campaign made for them by me, but nobody asked me to do it for them, (including you), then why does it matter that I chose Lipstick? You seem angry that I didn't choose you.

Well, you had the same chance as everyone did to ask, but you didn't. So I don't understand why your so upset that I'm doing one for her.

Forgetting isn't the same as asking. As far as I was concerned, you didn't want to have one made, or you just didn't read the post. How was I supposed to know that you just forgot about the offer? You're upset with me cause I'm not making a campaign for you, but you didn't ask and last time I checked, I'm not a mind-reader.

Last edited by Zee; 2013-05-09 at 17:23.
Old 2013-05-09, 17:30
Previously Link

Hey guys, calm down! If you have so much energy to post, why don't you spend it on the campaign?
And remember, this is not a popularity contest! Why don't you just forget about the poll results, and come up with something funny instead?
Old 2013-05-09, 17:38
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
SGK I'm sorry, but you're not making sense.

You say the reason you didn't vote for anyone was because you were busy or something and weren't taking this thing seriously, but that doesn't really add up with how super psyched you were to see that you're winning. Not to mention it would have taken you 3.5 seconds to vote for the other members.

The sad thing is, your behaviour in THIS thread is a lot worse than your behaviour in the previous one, which is what started this in the first place o_O

But sure, go ahead and believe that we're all stupid, or that we're doing this because you left #lba (even though we're the ones who asked you to leave, but hey fuck logic right?). I was honestly saying what I think about your behaviour in the last thread, not trying to troll/provoke/whatever. You either disagree or think I'm too stupid to grasp the true situation.

Either way the decision in this thread has become a lot easier.
Old 2013-05-09, 17:45
the legend

Oh well.
Since I do have the patience of a guru, I'll explain shortly:

Ratchet: It's okay. What happened is that I missed this post of yours and so I thought you were deliberately campaigning for someone else. I'm not upset for this, I just didn't understand what happened, now I do, end of discussion.

Anakin & Flamingo guy: For fuck sake. Seriously. What kind of world do you live in?

Not being sportive, you say? mocking is the very essence of sport.
Ever since the begginning of times, ever since a sport or competition of any sort ever took place, where two or more contenders existed, there would be mocking from both sides, doing it's best to lower the morale of the opponent and raise the glory of your favorite one.

You can see that in practically any crowd in football/soccer matches, or would you say the crowd is very respectable towards the rival team? it's all part of a game, but once you're into the game, it's ok to attack the opponent - otherwise, what kind of fucking wrestle is this? where is the wrestle if you're not allowed to throw rotten tomatoes in the enemy and go 'har har I'm winning you suck'?

You seem to be confusing fair-play with what happened. I'd be a bad sport if I cheated in any way (ie: ask friends or create new accounts to vote for me), or voted for people I wouldn't vote for just to see others I don't like fall, etc. But mocking is totally legit.

As for voting only for myself, I see no negative side-effect of this.
By not voting for others I simply have not interfered with their results, I didn't damage their own fights, so really it is neutral.

Also, most importantly, as I have explained I have left the forum for 1 week. When I came back I was very much in a "fuck this shit" attitude - not to mention the shock of seeing the place went a lot worse, that my thread in site&forum was useless, and that about 4 members were banned, something that never happened before. So I went and voted for myself - ofcourse, retrospectively, noticing how I decided to stay here again after my comeback, I realize it would have been better not to do this, but whatever, are you people that pedant for something which held no negative side-effects?

There you go.

Now let us continue, you people are not even bothering to campaign or whatever, at least I'm doing something and playing the game.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
even though we're the ones who asked you to leave, but hey fuck logic right?
Are you really that cynical?
Yes, you did, but you fail to mention it was only for 20 mins, just to "relax" the channel for a while.
I am the one who's decided not to return ever since.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2013-05-09 at 17:57.
Old 2013-05-09, 17:53
Neko

I am the victim here, sgk and lipstick will go through anyway
Old 2013-05-09, 18:13
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
Ratchet: It's okay. What happened is that I missed this post of yours and so I thought you were deliberately campaigning for someone else. I'm not upset for this, I just didn't understand what happened, now I do, end of discussion.
Maybe it's just me, but the way you worded this, sounds like your putting the blame for your own misunderstanding on me.
"It's ok"? - I didn't apologize. I did nothing wrong.
"End of discussion" - telling me to stop talking about it, when it was you who started this mess.

But frankly, even if I had chosen to make a campaign for Lipstick, without a prior offer for anyone to ask me for one, it's still no reason for you to get so angry about it. You said yourself, this is supposed to be for fun, but your treating it like it's some big important popularity contest that you can't stand to lose at.

Last edited by Zee; 2013-05-09 at 18:22.
Old 2013-05-09, 18:15
the legend

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but the way you worded this, sounds like your putting the blame for your own misunderstanding on me.
Quote:
What happened is that I missed this post of yours and so I thought you were deliberately campaigning for someone else. I'm not upset for this, I just didn't understand what happened, now I do, end of discussion.
Yea sure...

Quote:
"End of discussion" - telling me to stop talking about it, when it was you who started this mess.
Duh. Look at the top two posts of this page when I said "Fair enough" - that was the end of it, but you revived the subject and extended it way out of proportion, when it was already dealt with. And here you are doing it again. NOW STOP, lol.

Old 2013-05-09, 18:29
<3 MP

I'd slap you.

I didn't revive it, Roy. I just replied to Anakin's post. Are you blind? Or do you just enjoy blaming everyone else for your stupidity?

Btw, putting "lol " after every remark you make, just adds to the fact that your being a dick.

Last edited by Zee; 2013-05-09 at 19:10.

Tags
wrestlefest