Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: MBN Wrestlefest 2K13: The Final Showdown
A_LIPSTICK 7 53.85%
Jesse 0 0%
Kitarii 1 7.69%
Polaris 5 38.46%
A_LIPSTICK's campaign 9 69.23%
Jesse's campaign 0 0%
Kitarii's campaign 0 0%
Polaris' campaign 4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-23, 23:57
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
rex, lipstick and i had a meet. dildos may or may not have been involved.
Old 2013-05-24, 01:54
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
I blame the failure of the final round on Jesse, Kit and Polaris for being generally unhip. Elliptic is excused since she was in Israel until today.
I blame the EU crisis, considering where all the wrestlers are from.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-05-24, 04:55
<3 MP

Quote:
sounds like a good time.
Old 2013-05-24, 07:58
Previously Link

Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 2013-05-24, 09:54
Neko

Quote:
I blame the failure of the final round on Jesse, Kit and Polaris for being generally unhip. Elliptic is excused since she was in Israel until today.
Unhip?
shit, here I hoped to impress all of you
Old 2013-05-24, 16:08
ffffff

oh. neat.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-05-24, 17:32
Pim! Pim!

well, it's over.
sorry i wasn't around, but as pointed out i didn't have much to work with anyway.
i always thought the wrestlefest is kind of about politics, but supposed to be about voting for people with nice campaigns (and i saw some interesting things in the previous years). i tried to combine those two elements in this round, but i guess it wasn't very effective...
Old 2013-05-24, 17:38
Pim! Pim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Who knows... 5 people passed the previous round, so it would have made more sense to have this thread have like 2 battles, a 2-way one and a 3-way one, then a final with only 2 people. At least that's the way things were done in Double-J's version.
I don't know, I just feel it was all very rushed. It also strayed away from the original format way too much and became way too serious, what with "vote for the campaigns" etc. As Double-J himself said 8 years ago, the Wrestlefest is supposed to be a joke and not a serious contest.
And FYI, this post isn't intented as whining, but instead as constructive criticism. It was nice that the Wrestlefest was started but it certainly wasn't flawless.
hey it wasn't rushed!! i made just as many, if not more, threads and rounds this years.
Old 2013-05-24, 17:50
Panta rei

Hello Pim, don't worry, it was enjoyable and fun!
Old 2013-05-24, 19:35
Polly parrot

Yeah, that last round was a bit misplaced for me, and empty, but whole in all, this was an awesome experience
Old 2013-05-24, 21:13
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
well, it's over.
sorry i wasn't around, but as pointed out i didn't have much to work with anyway.
i always thought the wrestlefest is kind of about politics, but supposed to be about voting for people with nice campaigns (and i saw some interesting things in the previous years). i tried to combine those two elements in this round, but i guess it wasn't very effective...
Then sorry to say but you got the point of the Wrestlefest wrong. To quote Double-J, the Wrestlefest is supposed to be a joke.
Anyway, to break down the problems and differences from Double-J's format I perceive:
1. The first round already had less members than Double-J would usually put, and missed some traditional features, such as three-way matches and two-on-two matches.
2. You declared the first round over when the poll had two or so days left before expiry. SGK withdrew but then reappeared in round two - why?
3. In round two, you introduced the rule that anyone who doesn't post a campaign will have their votes not counted. Why? It just made the Wrestlefest too serious.
4. The tiebreaker - Double-J's tiebreakers would simply be the two tied members up against each other again but for a less time, usually half the duration of a normal round or less.
5. Final round - Pandy disappeared, why? And why wasn't the round a simple round 3, with one 2-way match and one 3-way match, followed by a final round with only two players going one on one?

Again, I did appreciate your attempt to make a Wrestlefest but in my opinion you should have waited until you were a member for at least six months so you could make the Wrestlefest based on the most recent six months like Double-J said it should be and in the meantime, you should have studied all of Double-J's wrestlefest thorougly.
Old 2013-05-24, 22:20
Idyllic + whimsical

I don't get it, is Double-J's wrestlefest like the best game thread format ever, and we shouldn't ever try to change it?
Also it was explained that Pandy didn't participate in this round because he had no campaign and was more like a special round anyway.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-05-24, 22:31
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
No, but it was an established format. Also, sorry, I just don't like the changes.

Edit: Also, 10th anniversary edition? The first Wrestlefest was in 2002, not 2003.
Old 2013-05-24, 22:56
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
if the wrestlefest is meant to be a joke, why even argue about it? We all had fun, full stop.
Old 2013-05-24, 23:44
the legend

Quote:
if the wrestlefest is meant to be a joke, why even argue about it? We all had fun, full stop.
^ YEEAH, THIIIS. Rofl, Battler, you end up contradicting yourself. Owned.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:18
<3 MP

Why's everyone troll on Battler? He's entitled to his opinion too.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:50
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Why's everyone troll on Battler? He's entitled to his opinion testicle too.
It's not trolling... I just don't see a reason why a new member should wait 6 months before doing something in a forum. Statements like that act as repellent against possible new members. Besides, all this fuss about a joke, a game has no point, imho. I didn't answer like that before just because I was talking to Battler - he's a good guy, and a respectable person . If Gandhi had wrote that poste, I'd have reacted the same way
Old 2013-05-25, 03:12
the legend

Yeah I mean, it's nothing personal, when he's right, he's right - but when he's wrong, he's wrong! Ha.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:37
<3 MP

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just that everyone has a right to their opinion.. or.. eh.. testicles lol
Old 2013-05-25, 11:45
Polly parrot

Okay, but he already expressed it, and it becomes tiring after a time to hear the same thing over and over... I mean, I got it the first time...
Old 2013-05-25, 11:51
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Okay, but he already expressed it, and it becomes tiring after a time to hear the same thing over and over... I mean, I got it the first time...
^ This.

Battler started by condemning this wrestlefest, then switched to defending it and explaining why it's legit, then went back to complaining a whole lot.
I think Polaris' post is the 3rd time a member is asking Battler to just stop ruining the wrestlefest. I wonder how many times it'll take.
Old 2013-05-25, 14:16
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Battler started by condemning this wrestlefest, then switched to defending it and explaining why it's legit, then went back to complaining a whole lot.
My complaints are constructive criticism. And while I initially became favorable to this Wrestlefest after Double-J told me had no problems with it, then I stopped liking it in subsequent rounds. Then I gave my constructive critism. Then people rightfully told me it's useless, so instead I just went and made my own Wrestlefest 2K13. After all, this forum is a free market so why not create alternatives then.

Quote:
I think Polaris' post is the 3rd time a member is asking Battler to just stop ruining the wrestlefest. I wonder how many times it'll take.
I don't think Pimmin needs you or anyone else to defend her or her Wrestlefest. If my constructive criticism is wrong, then she will say so herself.

Last edited by Battler; 2013-05-25 at 14:32.
Old 2013-05-25, 14:22
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
It's not trolling... I just don't see a reason why a new member should wait 6 months before doing something in a forum. Statements like that act as repellent against possible new members. Besides, all this fuss about a joke, a game has no point, imho. I didn't answer like that before just because I was talking to Battler - he's a good guy, and a respectable person . If Gandhi had wrote that poste, I'd have reacted the same way
Actually, the 6 months thing is specific to the Wrestlefest. Double-J stated that the Wrestlefest is generally based on the MBN activity of the last 6 months, so that's why I think someone who's been here for less, shouldn't start a Wrestlefest.
Old 2013-05-25, 14:33
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
I don't think Pimmin needs you or anyone else to defend her or her Wrestlefest. If my constructive criticism is wrong, then she will say so herself.
It's not a question of her needing it or not, I'm doing it of my own volition.
In fact, if you read my last post, I wasn't even defending her or her wrestlefest. I was merely pointing out that people have asked you several times to stop your incessant complaining.

It'd be one thing if people here expressed interest in your "constructive criticism", but one here has done so. In fact, the opposite happened - Link told you that you misunderstood the point of the wrestlefest, Polaris said he's tired of hearing you repeat yourself and now I'm joining in and asking you:
Please stop.

I think it would be best if you kept out of future wrestlefests because you seem to have an inexplicable talent for ruining them.
You can always start your own ones, no one's stopping you, so please consider my request.
Old 2013-05-25, 14:37
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
It's not a question of her needing it or not, I'm doing it of my own volition.
In fact, if you read my last post, I wasn't even defending her or her wrestlefest. I was merely pointing out that people have asked you several times to stop your incessant complaining.

It'd be one thing if people here expressed interest in your "constructive criticism", but one here has done so. In fact, the opposite happened - Link told you that you misunderstood the point of the wrestlefest, Polaris said he's tired of hearing you repeat yourself and now I'm joining in and asking you:
Please stop. I think it would be best if you kept out of future wrestlefests because you seem to have an inexplicable talent for ruining them.
You can always start your own ones, no one's stopping you, so please consider my request.
First, there's something called the freedom of speech. If people don't like what I say, they can ignore anything porcine at their discretion. Vigilantism and suppression of unwanted opinions isn't the way to make this forum a better place.
Second, by the time you, Polaris, etc. told me to stop, I had already stopped and created my own Wrestlefest 2K13 long before. Basically, making your replies pointless.

Tags
panda, wrestlefest