Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2002-06-09, 03:09
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...0&pagenumber=4

argh...

Phoenix, this is what you wrote last year, dont come here and speak about maturity...
Old 2002-06-09, 12:04

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Gustav, there is no need for aggressive negotiations. What I mean is, nobody is pressing for prosecution, we're just stating our opinions.
Old 2002-06-09, 20:55
Extraordinary Machine

Send a message via AIM to Keds Send a message via Yahoo to Keds
Maybe he said it a bit agro, but reading that old thread... lol he has a point , u gotta admit.
Old 2002-06-09, 22:19
Hello

Hehe, but on the other hand, I should not say anything...
Old 2002-06-09, 23:44
Neko

funny thing is that we can reread anything that has been posted here :P
Old 2002-06-10, 02:26
The return of

now this is getting boring, or im just board..

everybody go here www.leclub88.com
now this is the point, you watch them enjoy, and now you enjoy,
end of story!
Old 2002-06-10, 02:50
Mageling at heart

LOL @ this thread

reaction 1:

reaction 2:

reaction 3:

sometimes you stop listening to someone and then tune back in ten minutes later, and think, "bloody hell, are you still talking?"

well that's what I tried to convey in reaction #1

are we allowed to use this as a nonsense thread now?
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2002-06-10, 12:31
Neko

It's still about sex, what else?

hehe.
Old 2002-06-10, 18:51
Duo-sempai...

All this talk about maturity... Of course this isn't a new topic. It's come up many times. Person A accuses person B of being immature over some opinion they hold, or their tone of writing, or whatever. Person B invariably comes back with something to the effect of, 'How dare you call me immature?! You don't even know me!'

Well, guess what, people. Most of us will never meet in real life. In a forum, chat room, IRC or whatever, you're words define you as a person. For the sake of your social interactions online, what you are like in real life is irrelevant. The simple fact of the matter is that you did something online that was percieved as being immature. And it was you who wrote it. Whether it was done in fun, or under the guise of a different personality, or whatever excuse you want to give doesn't matter. You still wrote it.

And if you did write something in fun, then don't get so upset when people accuse you of immaturity. A truly mature person would sit back quietly, secure in their own knowledge of who they are.

This is not an opinion about the topic of this thread, but just my 2ยข on something that seems to come up quite a bit in this forum. If you don't want to be accused of immaturity, pick your words carefully. And if you are thinking of accusing someone else of being immature, think twice, because your accusation may sound just as immature.
Old 2002-06-10, 23:46
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
Gustave that post was made in March 2001, thats over a year ago, it's hardly relavent now. As I remember that was the "where in LBA would you want to have sex" post.

It's upto the moderators/admins what posts get allowed on a forum. It's very unlikely that this actual post would survive a couple of hours on another forum. Difference in the moderators, but what is that difference? well thats for you to decide. I simply pointed out that the thread was stupid and completely unsuitable for this type of forum and I think as one of the oldest members of the community/forums I should be allowed to say that.
Old 2002-06-11, 00:15
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
actually, age has nothing to do with the right to say something
Old 2002-06-11, 02:24
Your God

heh, I actually meant one of the oldest members in that I've been here for roughly 2 years, and I figured my opinions on keeping the forum clean shouldnt just be dismissed.
Old 2002-06-11, 02:28
Hello

Ah, beat me and Jesse
Old 2002-06-11, 11:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
heh, I actually meant one of the oldest members in that I've been here for roughly 2 years, and I figured my opinions on keeping the forum clean shouldnt just be dismissed.
Disagreeing with is not the same as dismissed.
If you want to have a serius descusion on what should and shouldn't be allowed, then you should start a thread argueing your point of view in the "site and forum".
Or, if you think its more serious perhapes "dear moderators".
Old 2002-06-11, 13:45
Neko

Once again you manage to insult the one who made the thread itself...me.

First of all I am a moderator myself so if this thread was not alowed I would not have posted it in the first place.

Secondly, you keep on saying that this thread is stupid, well I don't agree. The question was mature and it does fit this forum, besides: Sex has everything to do with life, and life includes the lba members.
It is not a thread like: Who would you like to fuck? what would have been a dumb thread since it has no point really. This thread was meant to give insight in how people of this community think about sex, which is interesting since lba has not really got anything to do with sex, so you have no clue how people may respond.

And third: If you don't like it don't read it, I am not going to rate a thread stupid if I think it is, I'll discuss it with the mods and when needed it may be closed.

But there is nothing wrong with this topic, face it:
What reason is there to complain?
When you say it has nothing to do with lba: See the forum offtopic.
When you say it is a dumb thread: Go ahead, why bother? it seems like we don't agree.
When you feel insulted in anyway: don't read it.

Besides, one of the oldest members you say? Ehm I think Gustav, me, lightwing and El were the oldest, being here for 5/6 years?
Old 2002-06-11, 13:55
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
It's not exactly what I mean, I mean that I don't dismiss any opinion, no matter how long/short this person is a member

unless they're really stupid ones

But in any case, let there be no mistake, I do apprichiate that you tell us about your opinion, even though I disagree with it
Old 2002-06-11, 14:05
Your God

Jesus Jesse, you are so arrogant. Because you moderate the forum you decide you dicatate whats suitable for it, if I say i don't think it is you've basically just said you dont give a fuck cause you're in charge.

As for me saying it has nothing to do with LBA, why don't u actually read what I post. I never even said that, I said it's unsuitable for this type of forum, which is aimed to fans of a game like LBA, meaning you wouldn't expect to find a thread like this on a forum about computer repair would you. Why dont u think about this whole thing instead of just battling to justify your creation of this thread.

I will most definately not take up your suggestion on starting a thread about what sort of threads should appear on the forum. I will get attacked by a mob of dicatating moderators and it will do no good. You think I havent learnt what the moderators are like on this forum already?

And lastlty, DID i say I was THE OLDEST running member? NO read my bloody posts for the last time. I said ONE of the oldest, and its true. It's upto you if you let this forum turn into a pile of crap as you have the control of what is posted, as you are so fond of pointing out. But dont be so shocked/horrified and get so bloody objectionable when you get told just that.
Old 2002-06-11, 15:13
Neko

Quote:
Jesus Jesse, you are so arrogant. Because you moderate the forum you decide you dicatate whats suitable for it, if I say i don't think it is you've basically just said you dont give a fuck cause you're in charge.

That is not what I meant, discussing something is hard with just text since you can't hear the voice of someone, and because of that you can read a text anyway you want, giving it a new meaning.
What I meant was:
If I am a mod who post this, and if all mods here agree with me it basicly means it is suitable for the forum. And really: What harm does this thread do anyway?
I never meant to say: I am in charge, it is just weird when you keep on saying this thread is stupid without giving any relevant argument for it.

Quote:
As for me saying it has nothing to do with LBA, why don't u actually read what I post. I never even said that, I said it's unsuitable for this type of forum, which is aimed to fans of a game like LBA, meaning you wouldn't expect to find a thread like this on a forum about computer repair would you. Why dont u think about this whole thing instead of just battling to justify your creation of this thread.
Aimed to lba fans you say. Well I say that Sex has everything to do with life, which includes lba fans. That is where offtopic is for: To discuss matters outside lba. That does not mean that every topic here should appeal to lba fans.
Come on, I don't want to have a fight with you or anything, because I think you are a good member, but isn't this to much commotion for one single thread? Besides: Why do you even care? As long as it is within the forum rules there is no need to complain.
I do think that we could make a rule that makes discussing sex suitable for possible young visitors, so that there is not too much detail, and stuff like sm. But what are the chances of threads discussing about that? This is just a general sex thread, and even the question: "What is your favourite position" is a pretty normal question. I am not going to ask what favourite animal you like to **** (which could even be ontopic in the general thread, pointing to the rosa cheat).

Quote:
I will most definately not take up your suggestion on starting a thread about what sort of threads should appear on the forum. I will get attacked by a mob of dicatating moderators and it will do no good. You think I havent learnt what the moderators are like on this forum already?
I have really no idea since my last true moderator action was when CB got atacked, and I am only just returned from a long year of sleep. So basicly I have no idea how Atre and Wacko have managed to rule this place. As far as I know there has not been any true big moderator case since CB, and not before CB either. At least I know this forum is ruled best compared to other board where I mod.

Quote:
And lastlty, DID i say I was THE OLDEST running member? NO read my bloody posts for the last time. I said ONE of the oldest, and its true. It's upto you if you let this forum turn into a pile of crap as you have the control of what is posted, as you are so fond of pointing out. But dont be so shocked/horrified and get so bloody objectionable when you get told just that. [/B]
I never said you said you were the oldest, so don't talk to me like that. I just pointed out that I too have been here for a long time, longer than 2 years by a long shot.
But that does not matter one bit. I meant to say that it is totally irrelevant to this case:
How long you have been here is not important, and you act like it is.

About your dislike towards the moderators:
I suggest you join the moderators, seeing like you would probaly taking this forum into a different direction, why would you dislike the moderators here otherwise? Anyway, if I would be admin, I would mod you here and know, just to see how you would handle your job.
I do apreciate how you are concerned about the forum, but the way you bring your message is offending.
I mean really, you could have just pmed me, asking me to stop posting threads like that, or you could have made a point in the mod forum. But this way you ask for negative reactions.

Edit:
Sligtly took some spelling errors out and putted a "not" before a single line which I meant different.

Last edited by Neko; 2002-06-11 at 17:44.
Old 2002-06-11, 15:42
Magic Ball Master

I slightly agree with Phoenix. This board is for all ages, the common age range is 12-14 years old. While there are ofcourse lots of older members, the topic might not be ideal for this board's audience.

On the other hand everybody's free to talk about anything here. I'm not interested in all topics either, and if I don't like a discussion I just don't participate in it and don't bother being negative about the topic.

So ofcourse this thread shouldn't be closed (or this topic should be forbidden), as long as there's something interesting going on.

Last edited by wacko; 2002-06-11 at 16:11.
Old 2002-06-11, 16:07
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
She meant as far as modding goes, yous are the active ones

==
Look, maybe this seems dumb.
But can we have a proper thread for this please?
Old 2002-06-11, 16:14
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapman

Some people are over 18 here on the forum. And in some countires you can have sex legally when you are 16. So really, it isn't a dumb question. If you feel that it is too personal, don't reply.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2002-06-11, 16:42
!!!!!

Most of the regular members are either old enough or mature enough to talk about that. I don't want to go to another forum and speak with other people about different things. I want to be able to talk about everything with you LBA fans.
Old 2002-06-11, 17:19
Hello

Jesse is not arrogant.

About the thing of age and so. A thread like "Grand Theft Auto 3" would be much more suitable than this one then, since the game has a limit of 18 years, and not many of the members here have reached that age. So well, I DEMAND a deletion of that GTA thread! I do not wish to see VIOLENCE GAMES CONTENT ON THIS BOARD, I am too young!

Well, I was not serious, but Phoenix seem to be. If guys like him who wants to delete this thread, they should first take care of the GTA thread.

But please do not, cause I prefer a free board without stupid limits, not a policestate.
Old 2002-06-11, 17:51
Neko

Really: This board is aimed towards lba fans, then this thread is absolutely unfitting this forum. If that is the case then how come world cup threads do fitt this forum?

Ofcourse, Twinsen has a blue tunic so he must be an Italian.

hehe :P

No I see the point but lba has many hints towards sex:

Rosa the cow, the end of lba1, the wizard, twinsen kissing dinofly, the in love quetch....
Old 2002-06-11, 17:53
Hello

The wizard?

You must be seeing sex EVERYWHERE!

Also, I do not think that Twinsen kissing DinoFly means that he actually wants to enjoy sex with him..

Tags
atresica+darkflame, sex