Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-01-15, 03:36
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I'd say one should be able to wear anything that person wants, without worryig about getting beaten up/raped. The problem is in fact the rape.

Btw Lipstick, how come you think that, but when it comes down to bullies, you think people should get used to it ?
i don't i was kind of just taking a cheap snipe at obras tbf

however forgive me if i misunderstand but it sounds an awful lot like you're comparing rape to bullying in school if that's what you're referring to by "that"

woot sup miaaa
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-01-15, 03:41
Polly parrot

I'm only speaking about theory,
Now that I think of it, bullying can go pretty far and leave deep wounds... I may never know, but probably still not as deep as a rape.

And btw, you dodged an answer there
Old 2013-01-15, 07:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Incidentally, sorry for leaving this closed too long - completely my fault that
Old 2013-01-15, 08:08
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
I was 12 years old, seeing it from a window at my home. I didnt go to school and spent a few nights being unable to fall asleep, crying all the time.
And I seriously think you people are disgusting.
Thats my last post in this thread, have fun with raging on people you know nothing about.
And we're disgusting how?

And we only rage on you over the fact that you never give your full opinion in the form of a description, yet get super defensive when someone disagrees with you. Which makes discussing anything with you terribly frustrating if not completely impossible.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:38
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carajo View Post
Again, people could be butt naked and still not asking to be raped.
^ this.
Old 2013-01-15, 09:33
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
^ this.
Seconded.
Old 2013-01-15, 10:20
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
Basically you're saying girls hold the responsibility for not getting raped, not that men hold responsibility for NOT RAPING. Only by covering up "appropriately" can we prevent rape from happening to us. If men can't control themselves that's NOT OUR PROBLEM!

Also I am loving A_Lipstick's signature.
No, I'm not! You could still cover up like a 90 years old virgin and get raped! But you do realize that a good percentage of rapers have mental disorders? If you by any chance walk in front of a random sick guy showing your ass and tits, it can be really hard for him to stop. Even if the raper is a "sane" man, dressing like this won't help you get unnoticed. But I think I'm not making my point clear. I'm not condonating rapers - if someone I know had been molested I'd be in first line to kill whoever did this to her.

I'm saying that a girl should be free to dress as she wants without fear, I should be free to park my car in lonely alley leaving its doors open not being afraid of getting it stolen from me (not, I'm not comparing those two cases). But reality is different, and I doubt it can be changed.
Old 2013-01-15, 11:13
Neko

Quote:
Even if the raper is a "sane" man.
That never is the case is it?
Old 2013-01-15, 11:44
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Streggy I really don't think anybody ever thought to themselves "well, i wasn't going to rape anyone today, but this girl is has revealing clothes so i just can't help it." if rapists thought like that then the beach would be the number one place for rape because all the girls are wearing bikinis.

saying that women who dress revealingly should expect to be raped is like saying that people who walk around with their wallets should expect to be robbed, or that parents who take their children to the mall should expect to that them abducted by a pedophile.

and kasia, is it too much to ask that you provide some scientific backing for your bullshit theories?
Old 2013-01-15, 12:15
Neko

Nobody gave scientific backing for any theory at all.

I think it is interesting to study the subject and leave eachother a bit in their own right. What if you attack anyone with such vigor, you would not have normal discussions at all, and then no one would ever learn much.

People only get defensive then

Last edited by Neko; 2013-01-15 at 12:21.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:25
Neko

The main subject explored in this article is the
influence of father absence due to divorce on the
gender identity and evaluation of self-image
(self-esteem) of male children and adolescents.
Father absence due to divorce can be
associated with a less masculine gender identity
in boys. However the fact that research on
lesbian parenting did not find this effect

indicates that the factor causing the less
masculine gender identity is not father absence,
but instead might be the parental conflict that
accompanies a divorce

For example.
Old 2013-01-15, 14:35
Party animal

jesse, i never made any claims regarding gay adoption, so what scientific backing am i supposed to give exactly? it's kasia who's claiming to possess a certain knowledge or understanding that the rest of us lack, so i think it's only fair to ask she actually explains what she's basing this on.

especially seeing how she gives the impression of being a prejudiced, unintelligent person.
Old 2013-01-15, 14:44
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
jesse, i never made any claims regarding gay adoption, so what scientific backing am i supposed to give exactly? it's kasia who's claiming to possess a certain knowledge or understanding that the rest of us lack, so i think it's only fair to ask she actually explains what she's basing this on.

especially seeing how she gives the impression of being a prejudiced, unintelligent person.
oh I meant Jasiek who didn't show his scientific facts either.
Old 2013-01-15, 16:32
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I'm only speaking about theory,
Now that I think of it, bullying can go pretty far and leave deep wounds... I may never know, but probably still not as deep as a rape.

And btw, you dodged an answer there
what was the question?

also yeah it's probably not a good idea to compare horrible events to one another. they're not comparable.

Quote:
oh I meant Jasiek who didn't show his scientific facts either.
although he has science behind him, he's not saying anything hateful so he doesn't exactly need them to debunk someone's horrible opinions. you can't just say "gay adoption would harm children, why no i don't have any sources to back up my claim". he's not the one with the burden of proof here.

you can be all "the answer lies somewhere in the middle" all you like but one side of this argument is saying horrible shit about rape and being homophobic. there aren't many people who would be ok with someone saying that kind of shit in real life.

Quote:
No, I'm not! You could still cover up like a 90 years old virgin and get raped! But you do realize that a good percentage of rapers have mental disorders? If you by any chance walk in front of a random sick guy showing your ass and tits, it can be really hard for him to stop. Even if the raper is a "sane" man, dressing like this won't help you get unnoticed. But I think I'm not making my point clear. I'm not condonating rapers - if someone I know had been molested I'd be in first line to kill whoever did this to her.
RAPE ISN'T ABOUT HOW SEXY THE VICTIM LOOKS. DO SOME RESEARCH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
I was 12 years old, seeing it from a window at my home. I didnt go to school and spent a few nights being unable to fall asleep, crying all the time.
And I seriously think you people are disgusting.
Thats my last post in this thread, have fun with raging on people you know nothing about.
look love: here's what happened. you said something controversial, with nothing to back it up. an opinion. a hateful opinion based on ignorance. but that's ok, we've all been there, done that. we all make mistakes, say something offensive occasionally.

the trick is to respond to criticism. it makes you seem like you actually give a shit what other people think. if you think that gay people shouldn't adopt, you better give evidence of why, and pronto. or else your opinion, which you figure is so "scientific" and level-headed basically defaults to "gay people are icky". which is why you were jumped on. also all that shit you said about rape which made no sense.

what you shouldn't do is back yourself into a corner and have a hissy fit (which is what you did). you are not a fucking victim in this situation. your opinions are disgusting.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*

Last edited by A_LIPSTICK; 2013-01-15 at 17:58. Reason: it --> is
Old 2013-01-15, 16:56
Neko

I do not think the answer lies in the middle.
Gay adoption is fine.

But I am curious to wether a child needs both a female and a male rolemodel while growing up, and if that rolemodel can come from outside the home.
Old 2013-01-15, 17:30
Party animal

btw about the whole "revealingly dressed women are asking for rape" thing - as can be verified here and here, studies suggest that the majority of acts of sexual violence were directed at women whom the offender already knew.

So much for the bullshit "walking in a bad neighbourhood" theory.
The idea that clothing is a factor in the chances of getting raped is not only unfounded, it's downright stupid. Take pedophiles for example, you really think they care what a kid is wearing before they molest him? What about rapists who rape elderly women? what could those old women possibly have worn that they were "asking for it"?

Like lipstick said, rape isn't about how sexy the victim looks.

rape isn't a result of sexual desire, not in the usual sense at least. it comes from a need to overpower, to oppress and to dominate. clothing does not factor in.

Last edited by Reek; 2013-01-15 at 17:41.
Old 2013-01-15, 17:31
Neko

You know, wasn't there a nude protest walk with women having written 'still not asking for it!' on their bodies?
Old 2013-01-15, 18:57
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_LIPSTICK View Post
This. A million times this.
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2013-01-15, 19:04
Polly parrot

Seconded
Old 2013-01-15, 19:28
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A LIPSTICK
Thirded ^ this

Quote:
Originally Posted by A LIPSTICK
look love: here's what happened. you said something controversial, with nothing to back it up. an opinion. a hateful opinion based on ignorance. but that's ok, we've all been there, done that. we all make mistakes, say something offensive occasionally.

the trick is to respond to criticism. it makes you seem like you actually give a shit what other people think. if you think that gay people shouldn't adopt, you better give evidence of why, and pronto. or else your opinion, which you figure is so "scientific" and level-headed basically defaults to "gay people are icky". which is why you were jumped on. also all that shit you said about rape which made no sense.

what you shouldn't do is back yourself into a corner and have a hissy fit (which is what you did). you are not a fucking victim in this situation. your opinions are disgusting.
^ AND this. ALL of this.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:49
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

Quote:
You know, wasn't there a nude protest walk with women having written 'still not asking for it!' on their bodies?
You might be referring to SlutWalk which isn't necessarily naked. I've definitely seen pictures like that from there.
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2013-01-15, 20:33
this's longer than allowe

Hey, I'm disgusting, I didn't know that...

Well everyday you learn something.
Old 2013-01-15, 22:59
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
well, I've just learned that I'm a terrible human being, thank god I found out.

Quote:
Streggy I really don't think anybody ever thought to themselves "well, i wasn't going to rape anyone today, but this girl is has revealing clothes so i just can't help it." if rapists thought like that then the beach would be the number one place for rape because all the girls are wearing bikinis.
It's clear that deserted places are the number one place, for obvious reasons, not a beach. I don't know what kind of researches you guys are suggesting, but I'm pretty informed on this. Usually the "lonely" raper doesn't care of the woman's appearences, but gangs do. It's about bragging of their superiority, and how hot was the girl they raped. Raping a bad looking old woman would result as a shame to their masculinity.
I have my sources, I watched documentaries on this matter, I heard psychologists opinions on this, even what rapers had to say. There are girls who have been followed home and raped near their houses, because they were choosen because of how they acted in a disco event, or yes, how they were dressed. I'm not talking about one single episode, there are many like this.

Quote:
saying that women who dress revealingly should expect to be raped is like saying that people who walk around with their wallets should expect to be robbed, or that parents who take their children to the mall should expect to that them abducted by a pedophile.
Do you keep your wallet out of other people's reach? Or do you place it in your back pocket at everyone's display? Do you lock your house before leaving, or do you leave its door open? You could forget it open, you could forget to place your wallet in a proper place, you don't want your stuff to be stolen, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
And don't mix pedophiles with child molesters. They're not the same.

I find it weird that so many people don't share my point of view on this board, it's like a reverted mirror of what happens in my real life discussions. It's probably because of the place I've been born and raised. Everywhere I go I always think to do everything that's possible to prevent my stuff to be stolen, and everyone I know does that, I'm not an overreacter. If you go to the police to report that your 30.000$ car has been stolen while it was parked in Deserted Alley X you get laughed at - "What did you expect?!". And honestly, that's what I think too. Maybe my it's not right, but that's how it works philosophy sounds more clear now. Maybe you don't understand my point of view because your world is different from mine. If that's the case, I'm happy for you, and I have new hopes for this world. Sorry if some of you were offended (espacially Mia, Ratchet, and Elliptic and any other female member) but that's how I view things, probably because of the reality I live in.
Old 2013-01-15, 23:19
Polly parrot

Quote:
And don't mix pedophiles with child molesters. They're not the same.
Thanks for that sentence

Ontopic : tell me, if X throws a rock towards Y, Y dodges it, so the window behind Y breaks, whose fault is it ? You're not going to say "Stupid Y, why did you stand there in the first place ?!"
Old 2013-01-15, 23:21
Party animal

the fact that you think that wearing a mini skirt and a tank top is comparable to leaving your house unlocked says about your intelligence.

also i like how you ignored the studies i linked to and posted none of your own.