Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Old 2013-01-12, 23:33
Echomote's Avatar
Echomote Echomote is offline
a well established member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 3,487
Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Therefore, in the ideal case, a mom & dad is always preferable.
Completely hypothetical here, let's say dad dies while the kid is 1 and the mother falls in love with another woman. A well known family-friend couple (male & female) would be open to adopting the kid. Would the preferable option be for the gay couple to care for the child or the family-friend couple?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2013-01-12, 23:50
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Well, I meant whoever couple who are the true parents of the child, they're always the ones who should care for him/her.
So in your case the mom + mom would be preferable because of that.

The point is, not separating the link from those who conceived the child.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2013-01-12, 23:56
Echomote's Avatar
Echomote Echomote is offline
a well established member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 3,487
Send a message via MSN to Echomote
so if it's fine for two mothers in that case, why should it not be fine to be adopted by a third party gay couple if the alternative was not getting adopted at all? (no parents)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2013-01-13, 00:10
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
I know it sounds contradictory, but I think those cases are the only exceptions, solely because of the link between child and mom.

While complete strangers, and also of the same gender, would have no link whatsoever, not to mention being strange to what the child "expects" (refer to my last posts). Ofcourse, if the kid is living in poor conditions and they'd offer a much better life, yes, go for it, I am not being extremist on yes or no, just saying what is preferable.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2013-01-13, 10:04
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
I am rational and base my opinion on scientific facts. No emotions involved.
How much do you know about genetics / behaviourism / evolutionism?

+ how can you say such thing about me knowing NOTHING about who I am and what my other views are...?
Well.. how about instead of just saying NO.. you give us your reasoning behind why you feel the way you do about the situation. That way we get a better understanding of why you have your opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2013-01-13, 13:52
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
I assumed you all have learned biology at some stage of your education.
Yeah... when I was a freshman in highschool. That was 10 years ago. My memory is poor but I don't recall learning about why homosexuals shouldn't raise children.

Quote:
But seriously, I can't write a book for you, right? It's all way too complicated to fit it in a few sentences.
Well if your refusing to explain your views in more detail, then don't take offense to somebody else arguing their point against yours.

The least you could do is explain your reasoning before you say Jasiek is wrong. But just saying no, and then making excuses for why you won't explain, makes you look like you don't have a valid or educated arguement.

Last edited by Zee; 2013-01-13 at 13:57.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2013-01-13, 14:59
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
See.

This is precisely what pisses me off about you, Kasia, despite me liking you in many other ways.

EVERY time when you're cornered/faced with an argument/opposite opinion/comment quoting you, you ALWAYS come with these "I won't reply you because bla bla bla" or come with some sort of useless sarcasm.

For fuck sake. If you're not willing to discuss and write something about it, then why get into the thread to post your "opinion" anyway?

Noone's asking you to write a book or give us a lecture here, but this is a forum: ie, a place where people exchange views and opinions, saying "Yes." or "No." is no use to anybody, and people have said here before that they hate minimalistic answers, so either take your time to write something worthy or don't join in, simple as that.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:11
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,619
But Jasiek just jumped to conclusions and returned with a weird comment like 'because of you we cannot have nice things here'.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
See.

This is precisely what pisses me off about you, Kasia, despite me liking you in many other ways.

EVERY time when you're cornered/faced with an argument/opposite opinion/comment quoting you, you ALWAYS come with these "I won't reply you because bla bla bla" or come with some sort of useless sarcasm.

For fuck sake. If you're not willing to discuss and write something about it, then why get into the thread to post your "opinion" anyway?

Noone's asking you to write a book or give us a lecture here, but this is a forum: ie, a place where people exchange views and opinions, saying "Yes." or "No." is no use to anybody, and people have said here before that they hate minimalistic answers, so either take your time to write something worthy or don't join in, simple as that.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:15
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Yes, he did - and that was deliberately mean of him - but Kasia also did left an open room for that to happen, and still does.

She made about 6 posts here without explaining practically nothing whatsoever as to why she said "no".
I really don't think it's so obvious why "because of genetics" you can't have homo parents, so she has some explaining to do to enlighten us.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:27
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Nope! Not simple as that. Because you just said:
Quote:
A teacher can't tell you such thing, it's not politically correct.
That means such information won't be available in books, or even if I go to my highschool and ask a teacher about it for a lecture.
That means, it is not an official mainstream information, or even a scientifically based one (or at least one published in scientific journals).

So how am I supposed to "just read about it"?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:42
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
nobody can tell you what is right and what's not. YOU have to make conclusions.
Yep, which is exactly the reason why we'd all like to hear YOUR conclusions, directly from you.

If you read my posts here, you'd know that I am also against homo parents.
But my logic to get to this conclusion is (far?) different from yours, which is why I am curious to hear YOUR explanation.
As far as I know, genetics is not an issue. Where, when, what, and how exactly does that influence, is an open question to you, Kasia.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:45
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,897
I don't understand Kasia... Your opinion must be based of something you read/heard... Okay we can look up information, but we cannot find the one you specifically recommend for us to read... Even science is not something scientyfically accurate, I mean, for a certain subject there are tons of contradictory researchs, each one proving its point of view.
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:46
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Indeed Polaris... isn't it so much better for you to just write us about it Kasia ?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2013-01-13, 15:58
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
meh.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2013-01-13, 16:04
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
... I expected something better after so much reluctance and convincing to write about it...
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 2013-01-13, 16:05
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
meh.
Self identity issues would be similar to what you said, you need both female and male gender as an example as a kid in your view, right? Ying yang?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2013-01-13, 16:10
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
That's not really what I meant...
You can have opposite gender parents and still get no worthy example.
But learning about social mechanisms AND defining your identity are completely different things.
Similar to his vision, not yours.

You mention self identity issues for a different reason than him, but his views could also lead to self identity issues.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 2013-01-13, 16:15
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Haven't I told you that only a lecture would be something worthy?
So, as I expected, you're still unhappy and I've waisted my precious time.
No, you didn't waste your time, you have used it badly, by not wording your reply properly. It is not necessary to write huge amounts of text - the world's biggest revelations have come from the smallest sentences: e=mc², "I think, therefore I exist", etc etc.

What you said regarding social issues (bullying, etc) was repetition because it was told in this thread already and it's the most obvious side-effect which is not so relevant anyways; and about the genetics, it was mostly vague, with lots of open interpretations that leads to misunderstanding (as seen in the posts above between you and Jesse). It wouldn't have cost much more time to write something that pinpoints the issue better than saying something generic.

You see, I mentioned yin & yang, and Jesse grasped the concept instantly. Didn't took me 2 hours to write those two words. You just have to learn to write better I guess...
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 2013-01-13, 16:27
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
I am aware it's an equation, and the second is indeed philosophy (not gibberish at all, btw).
My point is simply that you can resume any idea into a very small portion of info. So it remains true.

Quote:
I mean, people who KNOW what I'm talking about also get the concepts instantly.
Err... if we knew what you were talking about, we wouldn't be here asking for it for about an hour, right?

I hope you do realize that "self-identity issues and lack of right patterns for the adult life" can be interpreted in a 1000 ways, each person will take your own pick as to whatever you meant with that.

It's like saying "Going for a walk can be good for you". Why? Because of the physical exercise? because of the fresh air? because of the chances of unexpected things happening in your life? why exactly it can be good for me!?...

It's an open ended reply that basically replies nothing.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 2013-01-13, 16:56
Echomote's Avatar
Echomote Echomote is offline
a well established member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Posts: 3,487
Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
I can't recommand you anything, I DO NOT want you to have same views as mine, why would I?
That's what a debate is for, to share views.

Anyway, before this gets out of hand I recommend everybody just stop pestering Kasia. If they don't want to argue, they don't have to. While we have freedom of expression here, we also have freedom not to.

Same for Jasiek. It's his opinion that people who don't express reasons are holding his country back. Regardless if it offends you, it's still his opinion and he has freedom to express it.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 2013-01-13, 17:23
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia
I won't give you any patterns of "right" views, cause I don't have any.
I can now sense why you've been ignored/unnoticed all your life. Talking to you leads nowhere. Absolutely nowhere.
Playing ping-pong with a wall might have a more interesting outcome.

On the bright side, you won't have to explain your views anymore, 'cause I - for one - lost my interest, YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
So I am sharing my views
You are not, just giving vague guidelines and then saying "oh this was useless from the start sobs sobs sobs".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echomote
everybody just stop pestering Kasia
Great.
So now on the next threads I'll just pop in saying "you are all wrong" then leave and if people ask for an explanation, I'll whine for 2 hours with about 10 posts none of which give them even remotely what they want, act all superior all the time instead of just humbly joining the discussion like a normal person, and then, I expect you all to be fine with that, okay? otherwise, you will be pestering me.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 2013-01-13, 17:27
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,619
But you also "like her in many many ways" , right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I can now sense why you've been ignored/unnoticed all your life. Talking to you leads nowhere. Absolutely nowhere.
Playing ping-pong with a wall might have a more interesting outcome.

On the bright side, you won't have to explain your views anymore, 'cause I - for one - lost my interest, YAY!


You are not, just giving vague guidelines and then saying "oh this was useless from the start sobs sobs sobs".


Great.
So now on the next threads I'll just pop in saying "you are all wrong" then leave and if people ask for an explanation, I'll whine for 2 hours with about 10 posts none of which give them even remotely what they want, act all superior all the time instead of just humbly joining the discussion like a normal person, and then, I expect you all to be fine with that, okay? otherwise, you will be pestering me.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2013-01-13, 17:28
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Pestering?
No one does it. I mean, ok, SGK is a special case... But I'm used to it.
Apply cold water to that burn
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2013-01-13, 17:36
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,119
How fun it is to be part of a forum where noone wants to hear nobodys opinion!!! YAY!!! We're so happy like this!!!
I wish we were all Kasia's here, so it'd be a silent forum, where everyone seeks answers on your own, because posting is wasting time afterall.

__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2013-01-13, 17:37
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
How fun it is to be part of a forum where noone wants to hear nobodys opinion!!! YAY!!! We're so happy like this!!!
I wish we were all Kasia's here, so it'd be a silent forum, where everyone seeks answers on your own.

omg this thread....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:44.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network