Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 2013-01-14, 13:43
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
I think I'd have to give a lecture to explain why Kasia's awful, it's too complicated to fit it in a few sentences.
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 2013-01-14, 15:02
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
1. Pigeon.
2. No problem.
3. I dont wear slutty clothes.
4. Why do you blame me for what SGK said. You know he is trying to make fun of me as oftem as he can. Ive never offend you.
5. Im happily in love.
1. A pigeon? yes I'm sure it was traumatizing.. Pigeon Pussy!!
2. They will probably rip your throat out
3. Was hypothetical
4. After quoting me on page 2, you replied, "I assume you all took biology"... therefore implying that everyone here is uneducated.
5. You said you were single.. now you're saying you're in love.. maybe you're just coo-coo, or contradictive as all hell..

...sigh...
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 2013-01-14, 15:21
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,897
Pidgeons ? They can rape eachother ?
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 2013-01-14, 15:28
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
1. It was. A female pigeon had a fatal illness, could barely move. 4 male pigeons raped her (I cant find a more proper word) one by one. She was trying to defend herself, but was too weak. A few minutes later she died. If its not traumatizing, I dont know what can be.
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 2013-01-14, 15:37
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
1. It was. A female pigeon had a fatal illness, could barely move. 4 male pigeons raped her (I cant find a more proper word) one by one. She was trying to defend herself, but was too weak. A few minutes later she died. If its not traumatizing, I dont know what can be.

2. My friends are responsible. And nice.

4. Gosh, no. I dont imply things. I MEANT that Im surprised you didnt talk about such things in biology classes. Its not offensive for you. If it is for someone, then its for your country's education system.

5. I am single. And I am in a happy love. I won't tell you anything more about my personal life, its too intimate to talk of it on an internet forum.
1. Now, see, when you go into detail and explain things, people get a better understanding. And ok ill agree.. I feel bad for the pigeon. Still don't know if it would be considered a case of rape but still.. yes that is sad.

2. Regardless, they would not be happy to hear that.

4. We talked about biology. Not gay parents.

5. I didn't ask for details.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 2013-01-14, 15:50
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
1. I dont like descriptions.
4. We did. As a part of biology.
5. Great. Thanks!
1. Maybe you dont. But nobody will agree with you/ take your opinion into consideration/ know what your talking about, unless you give one.

4. Good for you.. but not everyone did.

5. ... sigh...
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 2013-01-14, 15:56
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,332
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
I personally have no issue with homosexual people adopting children, or any people at all adopting children at that, provided they're proven to be able to raise a child without abuse and so on.
As for the argument that it'd be bad for children because the children would get bullied - what makes you think they wouldn't get bullied anyway? My mother and step-father are caring heterosexuals, and yet I was bullied badly at my high school. Who was at fault? Me for being, quite, frankly, a complete moron, and the school for not doing anything to help - in fact, the opposite, our first class head teacher even even did her best to isolate me from the rest, and that was like pouring oil on fire when it came to the bullies.

Also, you say homosexuality is a deviation - when it happens in over 1500 species, then it's hardly a deviation. But ah well, to each their own I guess.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 2013-01-14, 16:02
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15,411
Pigeon rape.

What the fuck, people. Did we divide by zero or something today?
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 2013-01-14, 16:03
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Pigeon rape.

What the fuck, people. Did we divide by zero or something today?
Don't look at me..
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 2013-01-14, 18:52
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Notes: 1. Tolerance and sensitivity are less common than expected.
Wait, wasn't this supposed to go in that other thread about shaving?
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 2013-01-14, 20:30
Darkflame's Avatar
Darkflame Darkflame is offline
Classic
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sol, Earth, NL
Posts: 23,794
Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carajo View Post
What the fuck. This thread just stopped being about homosexuality and adoption and now it's just about people attacking each other.
Indeed.
I'll close while I try to sort this mess out.
====

Ok, reopened;

Try to keep it clean(ish) and avoid personal insults please. This is a vaguely serious/important topic, and its in offtopic, remember, not ruffles.
__________________
http://fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff

Last edited by Darkflame; 2013-01-14 at 20:45.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 2013-01-14, 23:11
Streg's Avatar
Streg Streg is offline
Or Emi (was StreGGy)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Italy (Citadel Island)
Posts: 5,430
Send a message via MSN to Streg
remind me to never open a serious thread here anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_LIPSTICK View Post
on a serious note if you have a problem with gay adoption you have a problem with gay people in general. it makes you homophobic. as a result of homophobia collectively, society suffers.
This is the post that disturbed me the most (excluding Kasia's No/No post + much of the offtopic posts I skipped). Adoption is about kids, it's meant to give an house and a family to those who aren't lucky enough to have one. If someone has a problem with gay adoption it doesn't necessarly mean he's homophobic. In my case, if I have doubts about gay adoption (I don't have a clear position here, I'm pretty confused), it's because I think of the child's life, not becase I don't think an homosexual doesn't deserve to have kids. I'm sure there are gay couples who really deserve to have a kid and eterosexual couples who really had to use condoms.

Yes, maybe it shouldn't be a problem, but it can be. Society exists, a kid can be troubled because he's weird to society, he can be bullied. I honestly believe that this could lead the kid to hate his new parents and maybe become homophobe.

It's like wearing an expansive rolex and have a walk alone in a poor zone of a city full of criminals. It's pretty clear that they're gonna steal it from you in 5 minutes. Dressing like a slut and getting raped? That's an exemple that has already been done, and I think that it's exactly the same. (Besides, I believe that a girl dressing like a slut can be very toubling for men too. Take a man with mental disorders who's trying to get cured. A woman dressed like this in the street doesn't help him)

I'm using those exemple to say this: even if something isn't right, you can't ignore an existing problem.
__________________
YouTube channel:
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 2013-01-14, 23:13
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,493
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
hi guys, i can't be arsed to read the whole thread, so i'll just ask, has kasia provided any scientific study that supports her views?
(i.e. a study found that children of a single sex couple are more likely to have identity problems or whatever)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 2013-01-14, 23:34
Carajo's Avatar
Carajo Carajo is offline
this's longer than allowe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chile
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
hi guys, i can't be arsed to read the whole thread, so i'll just ask, has kasia provided any scientific study that supports her views?
(i.e. a study found that children of a single sex couple are more likely to have identity problems or whatever)
she said that's her backup, but that's all.
__________________
Parece algo poco serio la verdad, poco lo es en estos dias, no lo creo, veo y no puede ser!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9atTosREME
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 2013-01-14, 23:41
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
Let's take a moment and reflect about the fact Kasia took some time to look at 4 pigeons raping another pigeon, and apparently did nothing about it.

And Streggster, the child might get bullied, but it's a vicious circle: kids shouldn't be adopted by gays because they'll get bullied because they have a unique situation at home because gays don't get to adopt a kid very often.
Instead of trying to teach those bullies tolerance, you think it's best to just punish the people that actually want to help a child without a proper home?
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 2013-01-14, 23:44
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,897
I agree with that.
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 2013-01-15, 00:06
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,493
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
just read a bit more of the thread. personally i think that anybody who thinks that wearing a miniskirt is a "reprehensible act" is far too stupid to be given any serious consideration.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 2013-01-15, 00:18
Streg's Avatar
Streg Streg is offline
Or Emi (was StreGGy)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Italy (Citadel Island)
Posts: 5,430
Send a message via MSN to Streg
1 - who the hell added utism to the tags? :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
Let's take a moment and reflect about the fact Kasia took some time to look at 4 pigeons raping another pigeon, and apparently did nothing about it.
I thought that too. I wanted to say something about it but the thread was closed. I agree it's the "animal world", but I know I'd have done something. (saved a little cat from a huge fat one some weeks ago).

Quote:
And Streggster, the child might get bullied, but it's a vicious circle: kids shouldn't be adopted by gays because they'll get bullied because they have a unique situation at home because gays don't get to adopt a kid very often.
Instead of trying to teach those bullies tolerance, you think it's best to just punish the people that actually want to help a child without a proper home?
But is it possible to punish ALL bullies, arrest all criminals, stop all harassers? I'd love the world to be like "danger-free", but unfortunately I have a pessimistic view about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
just read a bit more of the thread. personally i think that anybody who thinks that wearing a miniskirt is a "reprehensible act" is far too stupid to be given any serious consideration.
a miniskirt is fine, but what do you think of a girl walking half-naked in a dark alley? I've see outfits more telling than a "FUCK ME!" sign. I'm not justyfing anything, but if you know that can lead you to something you don't want to happen, why risking it? Besides, I'm sure that if a male decided to walk only wearing his pants he'd be arrested kinda anywhere in the world.
__________________
YouTube channel:
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 2013-01-15, 00:53
Carajo's Avatar
Carajo Carajo is offline
this's longer than allowe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chile
Posts: 816
Again, people could be butt naked and still not asking to be raped.
__________________
Parece algo poco serio la verdad, poco lo es en estos dias, no lo creo, veo y no puede ser!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9atTosREME
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 2013-01-15, 00:54
Streg's Avatar
Streg Streg is offline
Or Emi (was StreGGy)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Italy (Citadel Island)
Posts: 5,430
Send a message via MSN to Streg
It's not "asking". But you should expect it.
__________________
YouTube channel:
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 2013-01-15, 01:47
A_LIPSTICK's Avatar
A_LIPSTICK A_LIPSTICK is offline
ffffff
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
a miniskirt is fine, but what do you think of a girl walking half-naked in a dark alley? I've see outfits more telling than a "FUCK ME!" sign. I'm not justyfing anything, but if you know that can lead you to something you don't want to happen, why risking it? Besides, I'm sure that if a male decided to walk only wearing his pants he'd be arrested kinda anywhere in the world.
holy shit you're a terrible human being
__________________
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 2013-01-15, 02:21
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,897
I'd say one should be able to wear anything that person wants, without worryig about getting beaten up/raped. The problem is in fact the rape.

Btw Lipstick, how come you think that, but when it comes down to bullies, you think people should get used to it ?
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>

Last edited by Polaris; 2013-01-15 at 02:27.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 2013-01-15, 02:24
Mia's Avatar
Mia Mia is offline
/ʤæmfɪʃ/
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
It's not "asking". But you should expect it.
Basically you're saying girls hold the responsibility for not getting raped, not that men hold responsibility for NOT RAPING. Only by covering up "appropriately" can we prevent rape from happening to us. If men can't control themselves that's NOT OUR PROBLEM!

Also I am loving A_Lipstick's signature.
__________________
You drank every drip, every drop of my energy
You took every tick, every tock of my time
You sang every beat, every note of my melody
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 2013-01-15, 02:33
Zee's Avatar
Zee Zee is offline
<3 MP
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Nasty Nati
Posts: 1,284
Kasia, if the pigeon rape botherd you so much, then why did you watch it? You could've kicked the birds away or if you didn't want to see it happening, you could've walked away. But you watched it instead, although you said it bothered you.
And don't try saying that you only saw for a second, because if you knew that 4 pigeons each took their turn with the female pigeon, and then you stood and watched it die, then you had to be watching it from beginning to end.

So, I don't get why you would just stand there and watch it if it bothered you so much.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 2013-01-15, 03:00
Carajo's Avatar
Carajo Carajo is offline
this's longer than allowe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chile
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
Kasia, if the pigeon rape botherd you so much, then why did you watch it? You could've kicked the birds away or if you didn't want to see it happening, you could've walked away. But you watched it instead, although you said it bothered you.
And don't try saying that you only saw for a second, because if you knew that 4 pigeons each took their turn with the female pigeon, and then you stood and watched it die, then you had to be watching it from beginning to end.

So, I don't get why you would just stand there and watch it if it bothered you so much.
Maybe she's into bestiality.

__________________
Parece algo poco serio la verdad, poco lo es en estos dias, no lo creo, veo y no puede ser!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9atTosREME
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:41.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network