Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2005-01-28, 00:10
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Nazi-type jokes and other things like that

I decided to post this instead of PM'ing the people, I think this should be made clear for all visitors.

Recently there have been a few threads and posts containing parodies and jokes with and about Nazi's, some lighthearted, some very very dark.
I myself am a lover of very harsh and dark humour, however I do understand that those things can go to far. For some people, they have gone too far.

I would please ask the MBN'ers to take into considderation that there are members here who have/had familymembers who -to use a euphemism- went through the worst of the WW2.

As it is considdered to be tasteless to make fun out of the Ruwanda genocide, the WTC or the recent tsunami, I would also please ask not to take the WW2 and the Holocaust matter too lightly. Just because it didn't have 24/7 CNN coverage, doesn't make it any less painful for some.

It's not an order, it's merely a request. What you do with it is up to yourself, but please do considder it.
[/moderator]
Old 2005-01-28, 00:42
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I agree with you.
Old 2005-01-28, 00:43
Still in a dream...

There seem to be some people obsessed with this whole nazi thing. Whatever, I'm not too bothered really. What did bother me though is making distasteful jokes at a time when people are remembering the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. To joke about one of those biggest atrocities in history, especially at a time like this, really deos say a lot about one's character and taste.
Old 2005-01-28, 08:30
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I agree atre.

But what really bothers me is the decision in Russia to "inspect" jewish activities and gatherings, to see if they're anti-christian and should be banned. kinda feels like a deja-vu there. :-\
Old 2005-01-28, 11:21
formerly just angry

Anakin - do you hae a link to thet story??? I didn't realise russia was so fundi-Christian
Old 2005-01-28, 11:25
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
I agree atre.

But what really bothers me is the decision in Russia to "inspect" jewish activities and gatherings, to see if they're anti-christian and should be banned. kinda feels like a deja-vu there. :-\
Why, it says so in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, then it must be true! [/sarcasm]

Russia has always been iffy about that. An immigration judge I know already had a few cases of Russian jews who fled because the neighbourhood became too dangerous to live in
Old 2005-01-28, 13:35
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_
Anakin - do you hae a link to thet story??? I didn't realise russia was so fundi-Christian
Strangely enough it only appeared in israeli newspapers.
I guess it's not the business of the rest of the world.

But I checked only CNN, in might be in some other news site.
Old 2005-01-29, 00:28
Do the evolution.

It also apperead in the Polish news(not only newspapers, but in TV, and in the internet magazines)and it was called like an idiotic and racist idea. I sometimes wonder, why people call the death camps that were placed by the nazis in Poland "polish death camps"... but they forget that more than half of the Jews that died there had Polish citizenship. I once heard an old french lady, asked, what does she think about Poland and she said that this is the worst country on earth, becouse it had death camps :/ I wonder what she would said, if nazis invade her country and do such a thing in it. Some people forget, that in poland, the penalty for helping jews, was death, to the person who did it, he's family, and sometimes the whole street - and still people tried to help them somehow. And the worst thing is, that there a lot of people in the world, that do not know anything about the holocaust, or even don't believe in it.
Old 2005-01-29, 00:40
Hello

I heard that 40% of the English teens didnt know what Auschwitz was.
Anakin: It wasnt on CNN, and that means it wasnt in any non-Israeli media?
Old 2005-01-29, 00:51
Do the evolution.

Yes, and when tousrist come to Oswiecim for instance, they leaugh, run between the buildings, happy and full of joy, and wondering, why they have been dragged to such a boring place... Why is it, that here in Poland we all know what happend in those places, and when you go to such a place you have a depretion for a fiew days. My grandpa had a lot of jewish friends, and one of his brothers was killed somwhere in Russia, one died in a camp, and other was shot at Monte-Cassino, i think that people are not aware, becouse the horrible events of the war, dont stand right in front of their houses.
Old 2005-01-29, 00:57
Still in a dream...

Because too many people are ignorant of history and don't appreciate what our predecessors did for our freedom.
Old 2005-01-29, 00:59
Hello

Quote:
Yes, and when tousrist come to Oswiecim for instance, they leaugh, run between the buildings, happy and full of joy, and wondering, why they have been dragged to such a boring place...
Im not so sure that the majority does that..
Old 2005-01-29, 01:37
Do the evolution.

You know, when riding with my school class to Oswiecim, I heard a bunch of english speaking tourists(Don't know their country) and they where almost lying on the sidewalk, laughing, becouse one of them ponited to a nearby fast-food bar and shouted "Jude-Burger" You know, everyone beside that group almost froze, but hey, they had a great time... And things like that happen very often, I think it's just not a lack of education, becouse I cannot understand how can you laugh, when you see hundreds of tausands of empty suitcases, with name tags,
and you know, that none of those people lived to see freedom. I mean, how can someone laugh and have a great time, when watching something like this, for him, this is just a warehouse full of useless cointainers, they don't even bother to read the singns.
Old 2005-01-29, 01:45
Hello

Sometimes people laugh when they are very affected, because they don't know how to act or express it if you see what I mean.
Old 2005-01-29, 01:53
Do the evolution.

I know what you mean, but that didn't look like that kind of a reaction and besides believe me, those places , if you are aware of everything that happened there, make you totaly unable even to speak not to mention laugh. What bothers me most, is that when someone sais "it was a long time ago - let's forget all about it, and be friends..." someone from Germany once said, "when the people will forget about the crimes of the third reich, it will be the beggining of the fourth reich" the history is the only teacher in most cases, and respect should be shown to it. Becouse someday, people will laugh, and really stop believing. And unfortunately, history likes to repeat itself.
Old 2005-01-29, 01:58
Hello

Wise words, its pretty (fucking) scary to see what people can be made into doing. Like in Germany in the 30s and 40s or in Rwanda 1993 for example.
Old 2005-01-29, 02:18
Do the evolution.

And during the french revolution, and the russian revolusion, and in Lisbon in the 13th century( a masacre of jews) the mob is always dangerous, and thinks, and acts, as a one, lunatic mind - especially when they suffer from hunger, humiliation. And they will always try to kill the one who, they think, is responsible for the fact that they are poor and suffer (usually someone who lives in better conditions)- in consequence, they will bring much more suffering - when someone can stear the mob, it becames his right hand. The only thing that becames a mystery to me is, how can normal people, doctors, lawyers, join the ranks of an army, to kill people, to step behind an invading army, and destroy - that's what is the worst thing in WW2, that not only the officers where responsible, but "normal" people also.
Old 2005-01-29, 17:02
A prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Wise words, its pretty (fucking) scary to see what people can be made into doing. Like in Germany in the 30s and 40s or in Rwanda 1993 for example.
That's group pressure for you...

Individual people are most often pleasabt and nice, but when they become a group the worst things can happen

I can recommend the movie "The Wave" for this.
It's about a teacher that, by experiment tries to turn the class into a Nazi-type society. Really scary concept, but I do think it's a good movie.

[EDIT]I want to appologize for possibly offending anyone... Personally I am not one who has a good grasp about what is acceptable and what's not.[/EDIT]
Are belongs to you
Old 2005-01-29, 17:49
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
May I just note, that the European massacre of Jews begain along with the first crusade. It was then, when the crusaders passed through the village, they killed the Jews, because they believed, that they stolen the Sacred city of Jerusalem. This hate towards Jews was then taken from generation to generation, and it almost completely ended in the Holocaust, during WW2. However, there are still Anti-Semits on the world, especially the Palestinians, which want to take over Israel, becase in their opinion, Israel is their country. However, the Jews chose Israel as their land, becuase the U.S. proposed them a piece of Mongolia, which is total shit, and as Israel was once the Jewish Empire, they wanted to take it back.

EDIT: I too have some Jewish blood inside me, so I feel sorry for all the Jews that died throughout the history.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-01-29 at 17:53. Reason: Forgot a something...
Old 2005-01-29, 18:33
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
May I just note, that the European massacre of Jews begain along with the first crusade. It was then, when the crusaders passed through the village, they killed the Jews, because they believed, that they stolen the Sacred city of Jerusalem. This hate towards Jews was then taken from generation to generation, and it almost completely ended in the Holocaust, during WW2. However, there are still Anti-Semits on the world, especially the Palestinians, which want to take over Israel, becase in their opinion, Israel is their country. However, the Jews chose Israel as their land, becuase the U.S. proposed them a piece of Mongolia, which is total shit, and as Israel was once the Jewish Empire, they wanted to take it back.

EDIT: I too have some Jewish blood inside me, so I feel sorry for all the Jews that died throughout the history.
You don't know your Crusades, do you? The first crusade was a call from the Pope because Jerusalem had fallen to the Saracens/Muslims. You did get some of it right however, in saying that the crusaders did attack (I wouldn't use the word "massacre", it was nowhere near as violent on the journey to Jerusalem) the Jews and other groups along the way. And it was in Jerusalem that the biggest bloodbath happened - that was one of the biggest massacres in history. Certainly a wicked act by the Crusaders, who let their zeal get out of control. And the First Crusade was NOT the first appearance of anti semitism. It had been there since the fourth century AD/CE, when Judaism was branded the religion of sinners by the Pope.
Old 2005-01-29, 18:33
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Well, i only joke about nazis to make fun of them, we have some neonazis in sweden, and i think they are ridicolus, thats why i joke about them, i do it IRL too.
Old 2005-01-29, 21:40
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
You don't know your Crusades, do you? The first crusade was a call from the Pope because Jerusalem had fallen to the Saracens/Muslims. You did get some of it right however, in saying that the crusaders did attack (I wouldn't use the word "massacre", it was nowhere near as violent on the journey to Jerusalem) the Jews and other groups along the way. And it was in Jerusalem that the biggest bloodbath happened - that was one of the biggest massacres in history. Certainly a wicked act by the Crusaders, who let their zeal get out of control. And the First Crusade was NOT the first appearance of anti semitism. It had been there since the fourth century AD/CE, when Judaism was branded the religion of sinners by the Pope.
Emphesize 'other groups' as well. Crusaders pillaged just about anything, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Roma and Sinti, it didn't really matter to them.
Anti-semitism itself started quite early, see here
Old 2005-01-29, 21:49
Do the evolution.

OBrasilo, Jews in Europe, were always the richest group, and dealing with money - as they did, was considered a sin... The first banks were established by Jews, and they always sticked to their tradition, even when they were living in another country, so every revolution lead by poor people, was against Jews. Becouse of that, many countries - in medieval europe(spain for instance), made Judaism illegal (to protect the Jews... but in reality, they, as the richest people, were considered a trouble to the rulers, so the whole medieval, and later history has been filled with masacres of Jews.) It is always like this, people that have very simple minds, will look for the source of their trouble in the wrong places. I thnik that Jews diserve Israel, more than anyone else, it is their homeland and their origin, the ancient sumer, babylon, were all semites. Islam is a much younger religion, and the Jews were in Israel tousands of years before the muslims - and due to hundreds of masacres that filled the history, they disserve peace, and a country of their own. That's just my opinion - hope I didn't offended anyone.
Old 2005-01-29, 22:13
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
OBrasilo, Jews in Europe, were always the richest group, and dealing with money - as they did, was considered a sin... The first banks were established by Jews, and they always sticked to their tradition, even when they were living in another country, so every revolution lead by poor people, was against Jews.
Well, that kind of has to do with the fact that it was considdered sinful for a christian to ask for interest when borrowing money. Jews however were allowed to charge interest to non-jews.
In the middle ages it was forbidden for Jews to join a guild of some sort, and thus weren't allowed in any sort of job, except banking and exchanging foreigh currency.
It was actually positive for both Christians as Jews, the Christians weren't sinning even though they had a safe place to store their money, and the Jews had an occupation.

The problem in East Europe was mostly that Jews, for the same reason, also collected tax for the governments. This is mostly why they were hated by the commonality.

The Israel matter is rather sensitive here, but expressing your opinion should be safe. *looks around if axx is somewhere*
Old 2005-01-29, 22:35
Hello

I think it would be dangerous if we say that a ethnic group has a special right for a territory over another group just because members of this group have suffered much throughout history. I would prefer to see the jews and other people as several individuals and not as a organism if you see what I mean. On the other hand, one could say that they need their own state because they have a hard time surviving antisemitism in other places, or because every ethnic group should have its own state.

Drecon>> I've actually read The Wave, it is quite interesting.