Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-07-14, 17:25
weee

Hey Zink congratulations on your new versions!

However There seem to be a bug in the new Package Editor. This is the default arrangement of the labels now (all squishy):

Old 2005-07-14, 21:04
Master of Degree

Checking...... seems ok to me. I think it can be because I modified the way of storing column widths. To quickly fix it uncheck the "Remember these settings" option in "Columns" menu and restart the program. Then you can enable this option if you want and everything should be ok. If not, send me your config.ini file.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2005-07-14, 23:33
weee

Thanks, it works now

And the new menus look great, good job!
Old 2005-09-06, 18:02
Magic Ball Master

Zink, I take a look at LBAPackageEd and saw that we don't have a tool to open directly from your program the *.l3d files. Since the models from both games are diferent, can you give diferent extensions too?
I'm thinking about making a simple tool to open LBA1 models in LBA Package Editor for now.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-09-06, 18:15
weee

How about .l1m for "LBA1 model" and .l2m for "LBA2 model"?

Hmm, good 3 letters extensions are getting rare
Old 2005-09-06, 20:08
Master of Degree

Maybe "3d1" and "3d2", seems a bit weird, but...

Old 2005-09-06, 20:42
weee

Why do we need all extensions to be 3 letters anyway? I don't think there are many operation systems that limit extensions to 3 letters nowdays.
Old 2005-09-06, 21:17
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Why do we need all extensions to be 3 letters anyway? I don't think there are many operation systems that limit extensions to 3 letters nowdays.
Because 3-letter extensions are a standard. I mean, even Word, Excel and everything give 3-letter extensions to their files - Word has .DOC (document) and .DOT (template), Excel has .XLS (spreadsheet) and .XLT (template), MS Access has .MDB (database) and .MDT (template), text files are .TXT, dynamic link libraries are .DLL.

Only HTML documents and some other files have different extensions, but even those have both a 3-letter and more-than-3-letter extension: HTML can be .HTM or .HTML, MPEG can be .MPG or .MPEG, JPEG can be .JPG or .JPEG, AIFF Audio can be .AIF or .AIFF, etc.

The long extensions are not native in DOS/Windows, you see, that's why the 3-letter extensions are still greatly in use. Now of course, probably the newer the software is, the less will the 3-letter extensions be needed, but currently, they're still in use, so IMO, we should stick to the 3-letter extensions.

BTW, back on-topic, I was thinking (and Zink shares my thought as well), that we should have two extensions for scenes (I mean the SCENE.HQR scenes), since there's no other proper way to distinguish between the LBA 1 and LBA 2 ones. Now, my propositions are: .LS1/.LS2 (as in use until today by WinHQR and LBA Scene Manager), or .SC1/.SC2 (proposed by Zink, and are better IMO).
Old 2005-09-06, 23:27
Magic Ball Master

Ok, done.
Just need to fix some bugs and probably some other options.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2005-09-07, 14:53
Magic Ball Master

The Model Viewer is working for bodies and inventory objects, but not working perfectly for holomap models because the palette.
The holomap models use different palette than the other ones and LBA Package Editor just recognize one type of program to open with palettes. So if I set my Screen Viewer to open palletes and images I can't view the certain model with that certain palette. Zink can you somehow fix this thing?
Anyway I'll release it soon.

Old 2005-09-07, 20:12
Master of Degree

Hmmm, I have no idea what to do with it at the moment.

Old 2005-09-07, 20:15
Magic Ball Master

Ok, np. Its just a minor thing

Old 2005-09-07, 20:24
weee

L*1/L*2 sounds good to me, just need to figure what to replace the * with...
Old 2005-09-07, 20:25
Magic Ball Master

could be *.lm1 and *.lm2 ( m from model )

Old 2005-09-07, 20:28
weee

*.lm1/*.lm2... It does look good. Maybe that's what should be done then!
Old 2005-09-08, 10:54
Master of Degree

OK, so I will put lm1 and lm2 in the program in the next version. And I've got the idea to make *.pal a special extension, that can be opened with all the other extensions (and I think I could do the changes, and release the new version even today).

EDIT: done, new version is released.

Last edited by Zink; 2005-09-08 at 13:27.
Old 2005-09-08, 16:06
Magic Ball Master

Thanks Zink. The program now support this file type. I tested the palette thing and it work perfectly.
Also thanks for scene extensions

Old 2014-11-04, 05:29
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Question Hate to bump this old thread

LBA Package Editor:
Multiple replace does not function, when you multi-select more than one entry/object to replace, it fails to list the modified entries in the editor.(Say if I wanted to make a few Esmers turn into Grobo elephants.) Testing the newly exported BODY.hqr, it does not show the replacements in-game.

Last edited by ytewrwqf; 2014-11-04 at 05:32. Reason: *Earlier, I posted the bug in the wrong thread so I posted it here.
Old 2014-11-05, 18:42
Master of Degree

Could you specify exactly what steps you perform and at which point it not works? I'm not able to understand what you mean from the above description.

Old 2014-11-06, 18:07

Lba package editor: Screenshots

Old 2014-11-06, 19:53
Master of Degree

I get it now, thanks. This is not a bug actually. The multiple replace feature is intended to replace multiple entries with multiple files, not multiple entries with a single file. If you select multiple entries, and want to replace them all, you have to select multiple files, and they will be added to the column in one file for one entry fashion.

Old 2014-11-06, 20:28

Reason for the Bug-fix

Thanks.

The bugfix suggestion was because, it would be difficult to keep track of the number of selected files and the amount of copies the user would have to make of the same file.

ie. If I wanted to make the enemies all elephants, the rabbibunny citizens Quetches, and the soldiers Dinoflys.

Which is why it may be helpful to create another context menu feature in the program that will allow one replacement for multiple selections.
Old 2014-11-06, 20:37
Master of Degree

Yes, that could be useful. But I don't know if I will be able to make that feature, as I'm busy with other things.

Old 2014-11-08, 03:13
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Well, I can try implementing that in my fork when I get around to starting work on it (which will be after I get Delphi because the code isn't fully compatible with Lazarus).