Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2001-07-12, 22:54
The return of

Exclamation Warning! extreme improvement in LBA3!!!

This is specially targeted at Mr. Frederic Raynal. First of all thanks for finnaly making the decision of creating LBA3 and hopefully it will be succesfull 2nd of all Please take my advise and make LBA playable after you finish the game and so that it would be that everybody is celebrating and congratulating you. i think you know what i mean!

any other improvements.( NO LISTS PLEASE, and only sensible ones that could either improve the gameplay longlivity or other such featchers)

Thanx...
Old 2001-07-12, 23:00
the Cursed

Send a message via ICQ to CrOvAx
That should be cool
If I don't misunderstand you you mean that you can walk trough the world after you finished the game, so you can see that the world is peacefull again, and that you can be congratulated by everyone, just as in LBA and LBA2, only now controlled by you

Some other features.... Ehmmmm.... More funstuff and easter eggs, they're fun, and also increase the replayability of the game Also more minigames, all for the replayability.

More to come
Old 2001-07-12, 23:57
Local Pro (haha :p)

Send a message via Yahoo to kaderoboy
It would be cool if you could walk and interact with everyone at the celebration that they have when you finish (like the ones in LBA1 and 2). I've always wanted to do that. I'm not repeating what CrOvAx just said, I'm saying that all I wanted to do is explore the party not the whole world.
Old 2001-07-13, 00:23
Master of Science & Magic

as so called "open house" would be cool indeed.

What I like a lot is a very interactive world\envoirment, if you ever played Duke Nukem 3D you should know, or even better Anachronox (Tom Hall rocks) there are a lot of things that don't have anything to do with the game\story but that are just interactive things in the game, like a pool table that you can use.
Old 2001-07-13, 00:29

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Guys...when Fred actually starts his work on LBA3..and if he asks for your advise...I suggest thats when you make suggestions...
Old 2001-07-13, 00:45
Braindamed

I hope you can pick up some unless things in LBA3....Like a glass full of milk.....
And i hope you can sleep some place's.....Or rent a hotel room where you can put some of you'r stuff....!
Last edited by CrazyBee; Today at 21:01. Reason: (BAD ENGLISH)
Old 2001-07-13, 02:26

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
That would be more of a CRPG....
Old 2001-07-13, 04:04
'sup dude?

Send a message via AIM to stripe
Yeah, I don't think interactivity itself is the key to making it fun. Just make it worth it to explore every inch of the game. One awesome thing in LBA1 was the fact that you can go and break all the seals of Sendell after you get the Horn of Gawley, even in places that you have no reason to go to.

Zelda64 (ocarina of time) had a lot of the stuff that made the LBA series great. Lots of little things you could do to get more powerful weapons, health, etc... It didn't mean you could pick up or destroy every item in the game or build towers out of empty flasks (leave that for Ultima) but they put so much work into making the game such a blast to explore (and progress further into) that you couldn't stop loving it.

Don't worry about realism or suspension of disbelief so much as make a world that lives and breaths, has lots of character, and provides incentives for exploration.

Long commentary with no real point! Ain't message boards grand?

stripe
Old 2001-07-13, 05:42
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
I strongly suggest nobody giving any suggestions, just let the man do his job his way. Because that's the way we loved it. If it was a CB-FB2K-Others way, then I am pretty sure I wouldnt have searched for a forum of it..

About patches, that's always good to suggest, because here you already like it, and you just want to improove it.
For example, the saving system, the wall hitting and the ladder climbing down problems in LBA1, are a good idea to fix in a nice good patch, and make it avilable in Windows

About interactive world, as El said, that's the type of suggestions I dont think Fred would mind, because its in general, and its also a good suggestion. Besides, there would be more things to find out about, so I could play the game over and over many times

Basically, I have only one suggestion:

Reason LBA1 ruled and LBA2 didnt is that in LBA2 you always knew where you need to go. It was pretty easy.

in LBA1 you had your own ship, you could travel on whole Twinsun, it was amazing.
Though it wasn't THAT hard too, basically I would like to see that LBA3 would have more player's choices, but I would love it anyway.

Ohhhh god I Sooo need to play LBA1 again after this post

I cant believe I gave my ORIGINAL LBA1 COPY away..

I can get a burned one but.. no..

Anyway Good Luck Fred, I wish you happy working on LBA3, that it would be succesful and that you would be a millioner and then make LBA4 too

I hope you will find a solution for the company also

I will be here, probably waiting..
and you know, if you ever need a beta tester, just give me a call

Old 2001-07-13, 10:40

I can't stand it!!!! I need LBA!!!! So I started playing LBA1 again. I've played it tons of times but it's still fun! I'm up to the part when you have to cross to the Clear Water Lake. I think LBA1 is great because you are always on the run from people (and I think someone mentioned this before) you can't trust anybody.

Old 2001-07-13, 14:20
The return of

my father gave away my oldest computer (66mhz hint proccessor ) so i cant play lba anymore so i decided to get the explanation on how to set up my computer to play lba1!
Old 2001-07-13, 14:48
Magic Ball Master

I almost got LBA1 to work on my TB1200...

[ontopic]

I'd like to have a nice 3D engine. It doesn't has to look very good, but it would be great if the camera moves with Twinsen from a chase view. Also a big inventory with a lot of items to take/give/use would be cool, as well as new weapons.

Further more, a nice story with a good plot. Lots of worlds to explore. A lot of interaction with the environment.

That would be cool.
Old 2001-07-13, 15:07
Extraordinary Machine

Send a message via AIM to Keds Send a message via Yahoo to Keds
These are some good suggestions.
I think I'll love it no matter what though .
Old 2001-07-13, 16:14
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
stripe- The best thing about Zelda64 & Zelda MM was the signposts. You could slice them up with your sword in any direction, and they would bounce on the ground with real physics. If they landed in water the bits of wood floated.
Totally pointless, but it was fun
Similar things in LBA3 would be nice, SPF's (Stupid pointless features) rule.
--
Also (I know I'm on my own here), I believe LBA3 should use the 'Spocky talk' system used in Starship Titanic.
More interaction with the characters would be cool, and this intelligent sentience recognition would be cool.
Old 2001-07-13, 17:32
the Cursed

Hmmmm..... I never played Starship Titanic to be true, but I think that that type of conversation won't really fit in the game, and, most of all, it will lessen the speed in the game.
Just my opinion, but LBA isn't focussed on long, boring conversations, but on fast, interesting conversations, where the gamer shouldn't have to do too much. Maybe it can be fun, don't know, in my point of view I think it isn't part of "the LBA-atmosphere".
Old 2001-07-13, 18:23
Magic Ball Master

LBA never had much of conversations. You were always looking for one thing in the game (The Legend / heal Dino-Fly / where are the wizards? / where's the school of magic? / etc). When you talk to people you just asked about that one subject only. Some people could then give you a hint or not.

A bit more converation would be nice (more options to choose from) but an interactive system is totally not-LBA.
Old 2001-07-13, 18:47
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
Nononono Wacko is right this isnt the way LBA is.. :O

What's StarShip titanic anyway?

Old 2001-07-13, 19:46
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
You see my point is that it won't be a major part of the game, just another feature. I know it would be quite different to what people are used to, but I'd think it would fit in quite well.
Instead of having a blue box where you select you text, a blue box would come up where you could type stuff, like a chat facility on multiplier games.
You would have to have played Starship Titanic to understand.
ST is a game made by Douglas Adams, based on a two line reference from Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy books.
Its about a huge luxury space ship that crashes, into your house.
Its basically a first-person point&click adventure, something which is probably the rarest computer game genre ever (actually I know of one other).
Old 2001-07-13, 20:16
the Cursed

I've heard about the game and read some stuff about it. I could borrow it at the library, maybe I'll do that, I love point&click adventures.

Some extra options to choose from with the conversationsystem would be nice, just like the one you get when you escape from the second jail in LBA1, the one where you can say that you're Santa Claus
Old 2001-07-13, 20:19

Making a game in which you can actually type replies would be pretty hard work, right? In the game Fallout you can ask any of the characters about a specific 'thing' which you type into a box. Unfortunately they answer 'I don't want to talk about that' or 'what are you talking about?' whenever you type anything that doesn't have anything to do with the game.
Old 2001-07-13, 20:27
Classic

Your right, it is very hard to code that sort of thing.
They spent a lot of the funds for Starship Titanic developing the system.
Its amazingly intelegent, 'It' even understands the word "IT".
--
I think they should sale the system for other games now that its been made.
Old 2001-07-13, 21:56
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Such system would be nice, or some sort of conversation system with possebilities to make totaly pointless conversations (like in Monkey Island)

Or to listen conversations of enemies when you sneak behind them (like in Deus Ex, I really loved that feature)
Old 2001-07-13, 22:11
Classic

ST's converations and MI's where very simerlar.
In Starship titanic you could talk for ages about the colour of a certain type of fish.
Or the best way of chucking a TV from the top of a building.
Old 2001-07-13, 22:14
Braindamed

Quote:
Originally posted by wacko
I almost got LBA1 to work on my TB1200...

[ontopic]

I'd like to have a nice 3D engine. It doesn't has to look very good, but it would be great if the camera moves with Twinsen from a chase view. Also a big inventory with a lot of items to take/give/use would be cool, as well as new weapons.

Further more, a nice story with a good plot. Lots of worlds to explore. A lot of interaction with the environment.

That would be cool.
Almost?!

[To the "on topic"]
Ya! Wepons great! Take/Give/and USE!!! great!
[/To the "on topic"]

Last edited by CrazyBee; Today at 21:01. Reason: (BAD ENGLISH)
Old 2001-07-13, 22:20
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
You should add a multiplayer part where you can walk all over twinsun and the other planets with mini quests.
If anybody here played nexus ones they will know what I mean.
You can choose what quest you want to do and there should come updates for it with new mini-quests.

An example of one of those mini-quests is : Your dino-fly is hurt.
Go heal him.
But you can also choose for a quest like this : Go fix your car.
These are just examples so dont take them too serious.

But if that would be in it that would be great.
I hope at least a multiplayer option.