Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > The Relentless Movie project
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Relentless Movie project The general for of The Relentless Movie Project. The goal of this project is to make a CG movie of Relentless.

Old 2012-02-22, 09:17
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Post The muli-medium mega movie rules and getting started thread!

Ok, the rules are very simple;

1. Anyone can contribute any scene from LBA1 made in any medium whatsoever.

2. Has to be uploaded to youtube in the best quality you can and marked as ¨creative commons¨ to allow others to use it.

2a. Please don't include background music - it will be much easier to edit everything together latter if theres no music already there. (if you want to do a version with and without music though, thats fine)

2b. You should also tag it ¨LbaMegaMovie¨ so we can easily find all contributions.

2c. Optionally, tag it with other relevant stuff such as the medium or mood of your scene. (Stopmotion, silly etc)

3. If you believe your scene belongs after one already uploaded by someone else, then ¨replay¨ to that video with your own.

And..
Thats it

A few more notes though:
Although our goal is to make a complete movie, dont be scared of doing your own version of preexisting scenes if you have a alternative idea for it.
Have alternative versions or ¨paths¨ though a movie is pretty cool imho.

If anyone needs any technical help, let me know or ask below

====
Useful references and resources:

LBA 1 cutscenes;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5656512/AllL...enes_fixed.avi
(one video with all of them, Divx format)

CamStudio - Good tool for recording your screen, should work with both LBA games.

VirtualDub - Good software for file conversion, cropping, and some basic editing.

(more here: http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=16044)

VoiceActors:

http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...499#post413499

Ok, once theres some scenes uploaded I will maintain a list of links below:

Titles -

CrudeFanspresentTitle (DF),LessCrudeRippleTitle (MatheusMK3)

Intro -

FlyingToTwinsun (DF)(updated),
Dinofly Lands Till Before Explosion (DF)

Dream -

Escape -

?

I figured the flying to Twinsun part could come before a introduction like the game has ("Twinsun is a relatively new planet...")

Remember, you can all submit new scenes, or alternatives to these, short, long, whatever

Last edited by Darkflame; 2012-04-27 at 16:55.
Old 2012-02-29, 17:14
All Hail Twinsen!

I think I understand everything, but anyways, I prefer to ask a pair of questions for preventing from doing something wrong.

So... we can use the technique that we want, right? Even if I want to make a 8bit inspired scene, or put one scene draw after another with a comic style (with balloons and stuff), it would be ok?

We can add to the scene some things or emotions that never happened in the real game? For example, at the beggining of the game, making Twinsen get sick for being surrounded by trash, or making him give a big hug to Zoe when he returns at home.

I'd love to make the cutscene when Twinsen is in the middle of an ice storm, he gets tired and then a cute white animal saves him. I always wondered what was all that about
Old 2012-02-29, 22:47
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinatangel View Post
So... we can use the technique that we want, right? Even if I want to make a 8bit inspired scene, or put one scene draw after another with a comic style (with balloons and stuff), it would be ok?
Sure
I really hope we get lots of diversity, so any style goes - both simple or complex.

Quote:
We can add to the scene some things or emotions that never happened in the real game? For example, at the beggining of the game, making Twinsen get sick for being surrounded by trash, or making him give a big hug to Zoe when he returns at home.
Absolutely. I think the movie would be a bit "dry" if it was just a verbatim copy of the game. Certainly add emotion, or remove boring bits.

We have a bit of a democratic system here that if anyone adds something someone else doesn't like (Twinsen goes on a killing spree), someone else can just do a alternative scene
Quote:
I'd love to make the cutscene when Twinsen is in the middle of an ice storm, he gets tired and then a cute white animal saves him. I always wondered what was all that about
I love that scene too
Good old ice-bear.

Heres the swede version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mfit...eature=related
Old 2012-03-01, 17:20
All Hail Twinsen!

Then we've got a lot of freedom. Great! In that case, I'm starting with a "simple" Flash video of the escape at the beginning of the game It's going to take me a lot of time, but I will eventually make reports of the status of the scene.

Thanks Darkflame
Old 2012-03-01, 18:15
Classic

No problem, I'll look forward too it