Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2008-05-14, 02:11
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Euro 2008

Yay! I was quite sad this afternoon. One of my favourite players, Filippo Inzaghi, wasn't picked for Italy's squad, and I was certain that the 36-year-old Henrik Larsson, the king of kings, wouldn't be part of Sweden's squad (which was going to be presented in the evening). In a phone conversation around 5 o'clock I made the predicition that the chance of Larsson ending his retirement from international football was 1%. In interviews during the spring he has stated every time that he has been asked that "I'm not interested" and "I'm gonna watch Euro 2008 on TV".

And when the manager had one name left to reveal in the squad selection, broadcasted in live TV, no one could guess what was to come - Henrik Larsson will actually play Euro 2008 for Sweden. A huge surprise.

This means that my interest in this tournament rose to the usual high levels of enthusiasm. So let us now discuss Euro 2008.

My early guess is that France wins.
Old 2008-05-14, 12:45
Do the evolution.

I see that Poland is still leading in the A group . Wich is a shock to me . Also it's the first time I'm actually "interested" in all of this, becouse our team has at last, under Leo Beenhaker, done something...
Old 2008-05-14, 16:22
Father of Shoda

I was really thrilled when I heard that HENRIK LARSSON was revealed in the squad
Since all the things he have said about it lately

well then, who wins? Surely not England! ( HAHAHA, they didn't make it)
I think that Italy have a great chance of winning this year but also France, I hope Sweden wins though but that is almost surely just imagination..

btw: Jasiek :O , you don't like soccer and here you are

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2008-05-14, 19:35
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
England, the kingdom of football will win it! Oh wait...
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2008-05-17, 17:04
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I say Germany or Portugal have a great chance of winning it.

I would prefer if Germany won though because Portugal are full of divers! Not to mention the fact that the Germans play attractive attacking football, something I'm not used to as a Ranger's fan (bah!)
Old 2008-05-17, 18:17
Hello

Portugal's has some fantastic players, but their problem is that they lack a number 9, a goalscoring centre forward. On the other hand, Cristiano Ronaldo's goal tally from the wing at Man U hasn't been so very poor this season...
Old 2008-05-17, 19:32
Hello

I would like Germany or the Netherlands to win.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Old 2008-05-18, 01:29
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
i bet on the Netherlands
i wasn't sure of betting either Portugal or Netherlands... but IMO Portugal won't go far without a good heavy attacker to put it in... Hugo Almeida is great but I think he's still too young and probably he will play as a reserve... And he isn't much compared to Van Nistelrooy and Huntelaar
Portugal's dribbler's are great tho.. Nani, Quaresma, C.Ronaldo, Simao, Deco...
i have the feeling Euro2008 will be a huge battle between Portugal and the Netherlands!

hey i didn't even read Gustav's comment hehe

I'm not really confident with Italy either
Barzagli played one of his worst championship this year with Palermo :|
F.Cannavaro... IDK how he is doing in Spain but the games i've seen him playing for Italy this year didn't convince me at all
Materazzi is doing good but probably him and Cannavaro would be too slow together
I seriously hoped they called Santacroce for the defense , but apparently he will have to get happy only for going to Bejing
Zambrotta... one of my favourites
Oddo... ok
Pirlo... my most fav player nowedays
Gattuso...bah i never liked him... fucking overrated
I'm not sure if Montolivo will be called but I hope he will
De Rossi is great too
Right, now the attackers
Left wing: Di Natale... he rocks
Forwards: Luca Toni is rocking everything in germany... Borriello is doing great in Serie A... Quagliarella has great skill too... I love these 3
now the problem for the other wing... in case Italy decides to use the 4-3-3
Del Piero is doing one of his best championships ever.. and i can't see why Donadoni won't call him!?! :S
Cassano.. I've seen him today, Sampdoria 3 - Juve 3... He's got so much class, phisically and tecnically good... IF HE ONLY DIDN'T HAVE SUCH A SHITTY CHARACTER! Donadoni probably won't call him either

probably Palladino or Foggia will be colled, but none of them is better than Cassano or Del Piero imo.
and i would love to see Giuseppe Rossi playing for italy's major national team!

Last edited by Streg; 2008-05-18 at 01:47.
Old 2008-05-18, 23:35
Hello

I hope Donadoni will call my favourite player: Inzaghi... But probably he won't. It seems like the probable group of forwards will be di natale, Toni, Quaglliarella, Del Piero and Boriello. Of course, it seems to be hard to motivate why 34yo Pippo should kick Quagliarella or Boriello out of the squad.. But he is in extremely good form, and that's a guy that you always can bring on in the 82nd minute when there is a goal needed. He will deliver. His instinct for goal and football intelligence is supernatural.

Btw.. Nice ending of Serie A today...
Old 2008-05-19, 19:33
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

i was supporting ASRoma but congrats Stav! I loved how ibrahimovic came back from his injury and won the scudetto in the last match.

edit: italy's list will be revealed today!

EDIT2:

Here's italy's men

GK: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Marco Amelia (Livorno), Morgan De Sanctis (Siviglia)
i thought sereni would have been the third GoalKeeper, but i totally forgot of De Santcits since he left Udinese :P

DF: Cristian Panucci (Roma), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Andrea Barzagli (Palermo), Marco Materazzi (Inter), Fabio Grosso (Olympique Lione), Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcellona), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
No Bonera and Oddo :S

MF: Rino Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Massimo Ambrosini (Milan), Daniele De Rossi, Simone Perrotta, Alberto Aquilani (Roma), Mauro German Camoranesi (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina)
Ambrosini :|

FW: Luca Toni (Bayern Monaco), Marco Borriello (Genoa), Antonio Di Natale, Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria)
and no Inzaghi for Gustav's disappointment, but BOTH CASSANO AND DEL PIERO

ps: one of these players will go back home ... and i hope it's not one of the forwards.

Last edited by Streg; 2008-05-20 at 19:03.
Old 2008-05-21, 19:46
Hello

Cassano was a BIG surprise, but I like it - he was absolutely fabulous in a couple of Samp matches that I watched just before his suspension a couple of months ago.

But isn't it probable that Donadoni will send one of the forwards home, since he actually has chosen seven (if you include winger Camoranesi)? Cassano if he can't cope and someone like Borriello or Quagliarella if Cassano works.

The fact that Oddo was left out was also a surprise, didn't notice that when I saw the squad yesterday.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:05
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

yeah i was hoping to see Oddo together with Bonera (that did a great championship this year)
I think he'd rader leave one of the midfielders out.
Pirlo, De Rossi, Aquilani, Montolivo and Ambrosini are very similiar... some of them does better while attacking than defending, but they all are slow but with good accuracy. In my opinion it's a match between Montolivo and Aquilani, the younger ones.
But in case any of the midfielders will be sent home,...Borriello and Toni are static players that wait for the ball to put it in, just like Quagliarella, but he can also play as an offensive midfielder, having a great shoot power and accuracy. Cassano Del Piero and Di Natale can't play as central attackers.
Probably Quagliarella will stay, since he can take multiple roles.
Borriello Toni and Del Piero are a must, since they scored more goals than anyone else.
Di Natale has became a very important player for italy in the last year.

Cassano is probably the one that risks more, since that if he will stay he MUST always be in the starting eleven, or we're gonna risk that he ruins our dreams before we start the first match, with him being so crazy.

but what if Di Natale gets injuried/disqualified then? Camoranesi can't be his only substitute... and Quagliarella has differens skills from Cassano to play in his role. would be too much risky.

Nah i think Donadoni will rather send one of the midfielders home

Last edited by Streg; 2008-05-24 at 18:18.
Old 2008-05-25, 03:24
Hello

Makes sense. Then I would send home Ambrosini, he hasn't been much good when I've seen Milan this season. Don't know much about Montolivo.
Old 2008-05-25, 17:02
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

To be honest I don't see the Netherlands getting out of the group that has France and Italy in it. France and Italy have too much pedigree in big competitions. There's an outside chance though. (It would be a certainty if Scotland had made it, alas...)

Also, Gustav, I reckon Sweden have a good chance of getting through the group stages as second place is very much up for grabs in group D.
Old 2008-05-25, 22:32
Think My Clothes Off

Send a message via MSN to Eddielu
I hope Spain or Italy are going to win. But honestly i think Germany is going win.
Old 2008-05-26, 16:56
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

'Stav: yeah Ambrosini sucked very much. Montolivo did pretty well in both UEFA and Serie A.
Eddie: how is it that you are not supporting your nation's team eddielu? also kobold wasn't during WC2006 and he is german too :P
Old 2008-05-26, 19:22
Think My Clothes Off

Send a message via MSN to Eddielu
@streggy: Hehe...I have to make one thing clear. I'm not a German. I'm an Austian. I grew up in Vienna, Austria. I moved to Germany about 7 months ago.
Old 2008-05-26, 23:09
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Ah then I can understand you! It's great to walk around supporters of a team that lost something and saying you're happy about it
Old 2008-05-27, 19:00
Magic Ball Master

I wasn't supporting our team because I rarely ever watch football matches anyway.
Old 2008-05-28, 14:51
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
I think he'd rader leave one of the midfielders out.
Pirlo, De Rossi, Aquilani, Montolivo and Ambrosini are very similiar... some of them does better while attacking than defending, but they all are slow but with good accuracy. In my opinion it's a match between Montolivo and Aquilani, the younger ones.
and Montolivo is out
Old 2008-05-29, 01:38
Hello

Djibril Cissé was left out of France's final 23, Gomis, who scored two goals yesterday in his national team debute, was included instead. Cissé is not exactly a lucky guy when it comes to big tournaments - he missed both Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006 with injuries, if I recall right. Mexes and Flamini also missing out.

Khalid Bouhlahrouz was left out of Holland's. A player that I hate, but on the other hand he sucks, so it would've been good if he had been included.

Sweden axed Ajax winger Kennedy Bakircioglü, since defensive midfielder Tobias Linderoth (Galatasaray, injured for several months) showed that he was somewhat fit when comebacking in monday's friendly vs Slovenia.
Old 2008-06-03, 03:24
orly?

*Sneak in*
Germany or Portugal wins.
Italy always has a chance
Netherlands , no ******* way.
Croatia and Turkey are suprises.
Old 2008-06-03, 05:32
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

C.Ronaldo is injuried - one less chance for Portugal to win.
Cannavaro is injuried too -oh shit.
Old 2008-06-03, 17:20
orly?

Ronaldo would be something special but if you ask me they can still win without him.
Cannavaro - Italy dosent need anyone in particular to win. They always find a way , no offence but usually by succesfully diving in critical moments
Has anyone seen the Dutch defence? NO ******* WAY.
Spain is like England , Great individuals , no real teamplay.
France has the squad but only 3 french in it.(Ribery , Coupet(Landreu) , Clerc.)
Germany will go for the win but not great subs , injuries or bookings will hamper.
Romania is a good team , but even a better group.
Sweden , since Larsson is playing , anything can possible
Croatia , Good football and an extraordinary coach , Slaven Bilic.Suprise team.
Turkey , Very enthusiastic , and very hot blooded.
Turkey;
2 Good keepers ; Rustu and Volkan.
Defence ; Sabri ( Fiorentina wants him) , Servet ( Player of the season in Turkey) , Emre asik ( Not the best but a veteran) , Hakan Balta ( No mistakes left back with amazing goals time to time)
Mid: Hamit Altintop(The guy who plays in Bayern while Schweinsteiger is a sub.) Emre ( Problematic wonderkid.) Mehmet Aurelio ( Great defensive midfielder , Sevilla wants him) , Tuncay ( Middlesboro `most scorer of the year , also fans player of the year )
Forward :Nihat ( Nearly the Top Scorer of the year in Spain ( he was injured for a while)) Mevlut ( A new boy who is the top scorer in his team Sochaux , real talent :P )

That is the team we saw in friendlies although there is much more to it like , Gokdeniz , Tumer , Kazim , Semih etc.

So i`d say ; if Turkey advances trough the group , Suprise team to win the cup.
We nearly did it in 2002 :P *grin*
Old 2008-06-03, 17:40
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

In my opinion, Portugal still won't go far with a decent number 9.
Without Cannavaro it's very hard. Have a look at our possible Defensive duet.
chiellini materazzi
barzagli materazzi
gamberini materazzi
chiellini barzagli
if they play like they played in Serie A we won't even pass the first turn. ;_;

I didn't read Turkey's list before.. great team they've put up.

Tags
sports