Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2008-06-23, 09:06
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Problem of Original CD and not possible copy

Hello people.

i have the original CD of Twinsen Odyssey (LBA2),but the cd have problem:

If you go to look the image 02,you find the "dots" greens on the CD,look the cd with light (click on thumbnail to view better):

and for complete the last image:

the CD is damaged but it RUN the game if installed on PC (not install),run slow because the difficulty to read the musics,and others from cd

i tried get the iso from this cd for not lost the game but all programs for create a image get error to not possible read all of files.

i search the ISO from net but all of i tried get the error "insert CD..."

is illegal i download the version of twinsen for my personal use? because i have the original cd.,and which place i get the iso for download (but need portuguese version)

Thanks very much
Sorry for my extremely bad englesh

Last edited by uplink; 2008-06-23 at 09:14.
Old 2008-06-23, 10:46
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
download an iso, what the hell, this ain't illegal as long as you have the original ... others may say it is but I say go right ahead
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-06-23, 13:05
!!!!!

You should mount the ISO with Daemon Tools.

You're English is perfectly fine btw.
Old 2008-06-23, 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
download an iso, what the hell, this ain't illegal as long as you have the original ... others may say it is but I say go right ahead
yes but i downloaded more than 10 differents ISO from web but all get error of "no cd"

today i donwload more one version but get a same error

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
You should mount the ISO with Daemon Tools.

You're English is perfectly fine btw.
thanks for tip,but i mount the ISO direct from linux(i use Ubuntu Linux)

------------

but i finality run Twinsen Odyssey without original CD,the explain is:
of years (really!) searching for substitute of this my CD,today 23 of june, i found the answer:
the solution is not in find more ISO's but use NO-CD crack ,for years the people saying: NO HAVE NO-CD FOR LBA2!,and on last site with i enter have the no-cd and tutorial:
1º- copy the directories "vox","music","video" with CD for your instalation of twinsen
2º- change the original "TWINSEN.EXE" for the NO-CD
3º- use the patch if need (i don't need)
and run.

its really work

after years i find the solution,but the intriguing is fact of all of ISO which i found on web(more of 10),all get the error of "no cd",but my original CD run correct with no errors but it is on end-of-live

Quetch,ChaosFish thanks for help-me
Old 2008-06-23, 17:17
Twinsunian Quetch

no, do NOT use a no cd crack trust me (us) ... try and mount the image from Windows cause under Linux, LBA cannot really read the CD drive unless you specify the correct assignment under Wine (which I doubt you did) ... so try playing it on Windows, cause the NOCD crack will screw up the entire game (if I remember right, you won't have the intro movie and the CD tracks are gone ... duh)
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-06-23, 17:40
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Just run with the normal CD in tray.

You never know what the no cd crack contains. At least I do so...

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2008-06-23, 21:12
Magic Ball Master

LBA CDs don't have copy protection, so you're perfectly free to create one backup copy of the real CD and play with the copy. It's safer, you see what happens if the real one gets broken.
Old 2008-06-23, 21:39
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah but it's a little too late for him to do that
Old 2008-06-24, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
no, do NOT use a no cd crack trust me (us) ... try and mount the image from Windows cause under Linux, LBA cannot really read the CD drive unless you specify the correct assignment under Wine (which I doubt you did) ... so try playing it on Windows, cause the NOCD crack will screw up the entire game (if I remember right, you won't have the intro movie and the CD tracks are gone ... duh)
the problem of wine is not of read "real CD",but with images (.iso,.nrg,etc...) the wine not get the correct "label" and "serial".the solution is burn the CD or put the 2 additional archives to wine read ".serial" and ".label".i tested all images with all methods,the all get error of no cd,except my problematic original CD.

i tested with Windows XP too (from VMware Workstation 6.0 and 6.5) and the results are same of on linux,only my CD of twinsen no get error.

but you say if use the crack have problem with intro and others options? for my no have problem.100% of game running without problem with crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
Just run with the normal CD in tray.

You never know what the no cd crack contains. At least I do so...
I really understand your concern of have more additional's code on crack,i have this concern too,but if i don't use crack have 2 big problem:
1º-all of ISO's with i find on web,all get error on start up twinsen (the no cd),tested on windows and linux platform.

2º- Life of CD Driver - the sensor optical with read the CD/DVD/Blu-ray/ETC.. have life with hour/days,the more you use less time your driver have. and it unfortunately for my is really important

i know,the industries of games put this systems to less the illegal use of game.and have put on terms with is totally illegal modify the client, and crack/NO-CD is illegal.

but on linux i have option to decrease the problem of "no-secured" crack,the WINE (program to run app's of windows on linux),is run only with normal user and never with root (administrator),if have the trojan or other malware not have success because don't have access complete to system.

and i tested,and it not try connect the internet,if i exit the twinsen no more process of wine are active,no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
LBA CDs don't have copy protection, so you're perfectly free to create one backup copy of the real CD and play with the copy. It's safer, you see what happens if the real one gets broken.
humm thanks. the only problem is my CD is real bad,and not possible read all of files on CD,and no have method for create an ISO.

Thanks for all answers
Old 2008-06-25, 03:58
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- uplink: Check your PM's.
Old 2008-06-25, 06:35
LOLwut?

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
- uplink: Check your PM's.
Classic

Obras's logic =

If "NewUserNeedLBARelatedStuff" Then
PostFixedMessage = "Check your PM's" Displayed = True
End If

LOL. I don't know shit about programming, don't blame me. This is only a cheap joke.