Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2017-04-06, 08:26
Quetching a Mr.

Woah... Too much going on here.

The best of you ask? Well...

There are things in life which I will always love. There are some which will come and go depending on how I feel throughout life.

Something I've been very interested in at the moment is hand-drawn animation. More specifically, over live recordings. There have been many movies in the past that have used cartoon characters in real life. For instance, one of my most favorite movies that did this extremely well was, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

This movie gets me every time. One scene I will never forget is where Mickey and Bugs show up on screen next to Eddie for the first time. But, I believe that my most favorite part out of the entire movie is when Eddie gets handed the spare and shouts 'Oh-no!' as he unzips the baggage and falls down 21 million stories. Well, he wasn't scared of toons for nothing. If someone handed me a tire as I fell to my death I'd be screaming my guts out.

Kind of random (and partially off-topic), but I just had extended family come in and out of town for the past couple of weeks, so it's been great around here. I have a cousin who's going on his mission soon, and he's coming down from out of state for awhile to see me before he leaves for 2 years - soon I'll be in that position as well.

But we cannot forget this. This is the most imporant (teehee) - the LBA series in general will always be loved and adored. Go Fred!

I've also been doing some programming, but right now I'm actually having a go at animation. I'm good an artist as is, but now I'm trying to adapt and see how well I can animate. It's easier to animate when you're an artist (I sure think so). I recorded a roughly estimated 10 second shot (with a moving camera - not static), and I've only got a couple seconds down. Just goes to show that when it comes to somewhat 'traditional' animation that it takes forever. Apparently, post production for Roger Rabbit was about a year and a half (mostly because of the animation).
Old 2017-04-06, 13:01
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Lovely post. And yes, Roger Rabbit is a absolute classic on many levels!

Also, when your ready, feel free to post your work. Always glade to see stuff.
Old 2017-04-13, 05:36
Quetching a Mr.

I've been listening to the OST for Roger Rabbit, and I must say... It's pretty great - most parts are very jazzy and sexy, but it's nice to also have the music that's just... Generic - I guess you could put it. Like the areas where Eddie is just walking around the Studio - nothing really special or scary going on so it's just kind of 'whatever'.