Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2006-01-23, 15:16
The Player of Games

Been Playing Darwinia. I didn't get what everyone was going on about at first, but those little green guys do grow on you after a while.
I cried until I could cry no more.
Old 2006-01-25, 15:04
Neko

Championship Pool for the Snes

Hard Game!
Old 2006-01-26, 02:00
I lost the Game!

tales of symphonia
great rpg
Old 2006-01-26, 02:45
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
oh yes, Tales of Symphonia

I gota get back to that game.
====
I just completed Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Not only was it an absolutely fantastic game, recapturing the atmosphere of Sands of Time, but it also had the greatest most eye-wateringly beautiful end bit of any game I have ever played.

I actually stood up and applauded as the credits rolled.
It was THAT good.

Sadly a lot of the pleasure would be lost for those that didnt play Sands of Time. Those that played the full trillogy would get the full impact, but #1 and #3 are by far the most vital.
Old 2006-01-26, 20:19
I may LOOK innocent

Didn't like TOS from the beginning, there were too many wtf?!?!? moments. Like I was constantly missing hours of gameplay and story.

Last game played now: Warcraft 1 (the best of the warcraft games if you ask me)
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2006-01-26, 20:25
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsal
Didn't like TOS from the beginning, there were too many wtf?!?!? moments. Like I was constantly missing hours of gameplay and story.
omg! ToS is like one of the best RPGs ever. Along with all the sidequests and extras and stuff. <3
Old 2006-01-26, 20:57
I may LOOK innocent

Colette: Are you my father?
Guy-with-wings-whose-name-I've-forgotten: Yes, I am your father, Colette.

Like, where did that came from? I would have been less surprised if she would suddenly have asked him whether he likes doughnuts, or ever been in jail.

Colette: It's okay. I always knew he wasn't my father.

Aaah, please!!!!!!!!

Why the heck are there male Chosens, if their only purpose is to be a possible body for Mithos' dead sis?

There were a lot of moments I could've just killed certain characters if they'd be real, because they said and did things, that were just unbelievable stupid.

I hated the last summon spirit. I mean, Sheena is the summoner, not Lloyd. Why did he had to make a vow?

The part were they all "sacrifice" themselves was only worth one annoyed laugh

I hated how a lot of parts could not be returned too, once you left.

oh yeah, and Mithos not listening to his sister, whom he loved above all. That was really bad. Not to mention I didn't understand the ending one bit.

And I could go on, but note, this is all just my opinion. If you'd ask me for a good rpg on 'cube, I'd say Skies Of Arcadia Legends, not TOS.
And why's that?
Old 2006-01-26, 21:13
Member #174

Quote:
Colette: Are you my father?
Guy-with-wings-whose-name-I've-forgotten: Yes, I am your father, Colette.

Like, where did that came from? I would have been less surprised if she would suddenly have asked him whether he likes doughnuts, or ever been in jail.
Colette knew she was the chosen and what her fate was. She had learned everything she needed to know before going on her quest. I think it's not a very weird question to ask in a place where you are different from the rest and you are special and finally get to the place where you needed to go for all those years and you find someone (kind of) like you.

Quote:
Colette: It's okay. I always knew he wasn't my father.

Aaah, please!!!!!!!!
Ok, I agree, this is just stupid.

Quote:
Why the heck are there male Chosens, if their only purpose is to be a possible body for Mithos' dead sis?
I think Mithos knew from the start he would take Collete's body for her sister. Don't really know about that one, but I always saw Colette as the real chosen.

Quote:
There were a lot of moments I could've just killed certain characters if they'd be real, because they said and did things, that were just unbelievable stupid.
Same irl.

Quote:
I hated the last summon spirit. I mean, Sheena is the summoner, not Lloyd. Why did he had to make a vow?
No idea. But not really something I would care about to be honest. Lloyd is kind of the main character, I guess he just had to be cool and get the last últimate' summon.

Quote:
The part were they all "sacrifice" themselves was only worth one annoyed laugh
Can't remember that part (been a long time since I played it).

Quote:
I hated how a lot of parts could not be returned too, once you left.
I didn't think there were a lot of those parts. Maybe some but not much.

Quote:
oh yeah, and Mithos not listening to his sister, whom he loved above all. That was really bad. Not to mention I didn't understand the ending one bit.
Mithos was mad, you can't expect him to listen to reason. If he has been living all that time just for the purpose of bringing his sister back and he then hears he did it all for nothing, I wouldn't listen to it myself.

Quote:
And I could go on, but note, this is all just my opinion. If you'd ask me for a good rpg on 'cube, I'd say Skies Of Arcadia Legends, not TOS.
Go play Grandia 2, or Final Fantasy 7, you'll hate them even more.. (seriously, I can't understand how ANYONE can see any logic in the story of FF7)
Old 2006-01-26, 21:31
I may LOOK innocent

I don't mind her asking that, but the fact it came so out of the blue. There was nothing that prepared for that question. It was just so ridiculous. She asked it and my bro and me were both like: Huh? Where did that came from? It was just really weird.

(chosenproblem)
Why? What makes Colette different from the rest? Why would she survive the things the others didn't? It'd make more sense if he'd chose another female back-up body.

(summon spirit)
Well, I do. It's stupid, because Lloyd is not a summoner, no matter how much main character he is. That's like giving him an ultimate weapon he should not be capable of using (like, give him the boots and see how he does). Sheena is the summoner. She alone should be capable of summoning. It makes no sense to have Lloyd making that vow, and rude to Sheena and the rest. Like they don't matter. It's like the developers destroying (the essence of) their own creations.

(sacrifice)
I can imagine one would want to forget that part. It was baaaad and predictable.

(Mithos)
There are a lot of types of mental breakdowns I can understand, but not his. How he treats his friends, his sis, the entire group.....does he even have feelings?

Aah, I've never played those. Might one day, but not anytime soon. But I don't think TOS deserves a place among the best RPG's. It's good as a game, but the story is messed up.
And why's that?
Old 2006-01-26, 22:19
Magic Ball Master

I've been Need for Speed: Most Wanted a bit recently. It's like NFSU2, but more yellow, more graphical filters used (which seem to be a trend in recent games), and there's the addition of police. The game is ok I guess, pretty nice to play so far. You can see it had a huge budget and it's a bigass selling game on nearly all gaming platforms.
I probably won't ever look back to it once I'll get bored of it.
Old 2006-01-29, 18:28
Sheepie for short

LBA1, in French. I can actually understand most of it (although it helps that I know all the text in English anyway...).

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-01-29, 20:06
Little Bastard Warrior.

Twinsal and Assasin: Uhm, like "SPOILERS"! Well, I have completed the game, but other might not have, and it's like a really big game (50-60 hours) so it would a little sad to have the story, or part of it, spoiled.

The fighting in ToS was great, but I HATED the voices. I really truly wish we could choose the japanese dub. I read in a review, that the guy who played Gendo Ikari, played Kratos in ToS. Plus, all the skits had voices in the japanese version.

Also, the animation outside of battles was below crappy. It's was absolutely terrible.

Still, fun battles and fair story.

Last edited by Cyberg-Ares; 2006-01-29 at 20:11.
Old 2006-01-29, 20:58
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Also, the animation outside of battles was below crappy. It's was absolutely terrible.
I love how they moonwalk everywhere
Old 2006-01-29, 23:49
Do the evolution.

Finished BG&E (for the "I don't know wich" time). Right now, playing "Scrapland", it's a nice action/adventure game. But I'm also wonderring why is Summoner 2 and Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance only on PS2 ? @#$%^&*

Last edited by Jasiek; 2006-01-30 at 01:46.
Old 2006-01-30, 00:41
Classic

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance isnt supposed to be very good.

I got scrapland, havnt played it yet though
Old 2006-01-30, 01:41

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Currently playing Little Big Adventure. Extremely fun, because when you're a pro you can take out all the clones real early in the game. I can take out most of the soldiers in hand combat.
Old 2006-01-30, 01:52
Do the evolution.

I've heard that aboud BG: DA also, but the screens looked rather cool.
And I was so hooked up on summoner 2 The first part was so awesome, I spent days and nights beating the game, and when I saw there's going to be a summoner 2 it was wonderful news, but nooo they had to make it on the bloody PS2 only - that's why I hate consoles... they steal games away from me... it was mine, my own, my preciousss, they takes it away from me... filthy game developers...
Old 2006-02-02, 14:55
Member #174

Yay! Finally got the games!

Finished Monkey Island 1, again. Great game, especially the part on Monkey Island with all those notes . Also finished Broken Sword. I had finished Broken Sword 2 before that. I didn't really like the game that much. First of all I think the main character is an idiot. Who the hell does he think he is? He is just a tourist in France and he thinks he should save the world. I mean, wtf?

Also played a little Monkey Island 2. It's harder than MI1 imo. I have also tried Descent 3. I thought the first two were much better. Those were really in abandoned mines on some planets where you had to blow up a reactor and get the hell out. Descent 3 is more mission based. It's also not in abandoned mines anymore, but on bases on planets. The environment is less dark. The last game I got, Freedom Force, is pretty cool. You can pick up cars and street lights and hit enemies with them.
Old 2006-02-02, 16:05
Alex Kidd

Send a message via MSN to d0X
I really must get Monkey island, although i finished BioHazard (Resident Evil) with Chris just yesterday.
Old 2006-02-02, 17:35
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
MI 2 is my favourite in the series. 1 is also cool, but a little too short (I can finish it in a couple of hours).

I finished Grim Fandango again a few days ago, and it was just as beautiful as I remembered it. Great game.
Old 2006-02-02, 17:52
weee

Monkey Island 2 is also my favorite. And btw Psychonauts is the creation of the dude who created Grim Fandango, and it's just as creative (ok, "almost" just as cretive). Amazing game.
Old 2006-02-02, 22:20
Shikkashikka

Send a message via AIM to Dotten
Goig to play "Den Lengste Reisen" (The Longest journey). The first really good Norwegian game. Read in the newspaper that if i was to play the secual, i had to play this one...
Old 2006-02-02, 22:25
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Monkey Island 2 is also my favorite. And btw Psychonauts is the creation of the dude who created Grim Fandango, and it's just as creative (ok, "almost" just as cretive). Amazing game.
Hmmm... Is this game worthwile? It looks a little, I don't know... "weird"...
I might give it a shot though, something by Tim Schafer can't be bad I guess
Old 2006-02-02, 23:01
weee

Grim Fandango is also weird
It has about the same spirit.

(btw, I just found out on Wikipedia that Tim Schafer also made the first 2 Monkey Island games!)
Old 2006-02-02, 23:13
I may LOOK innocent

Only the first two? I thought he created them all? (well, maybe except 4). Anyway, he did a great job with them. I thought I was the only one having MI2 being fav. Quite a few people don't seem to appreciate it that much. (maybe because of the ending) I just wonder where Largo went to. He was just "gone" all of a sudden. I hated that, he was cool.

Finished my oldest Skies Of Arcadia Legends save game (somewhere towards the ending). Great game, but I managed to find even more "strange" things in the story this time. Ah, I just wished they'd make a sequal with a story about the old world.
And why's that?

Tags
games, videogames