Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: How do you view the attack on the besieged city of Fallujah?
For the bombing 1 4.17%
Against the bombing 16 66.67%
Neutral, i am undecided/not sure 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-10, 21:41
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin

Oh, and Double-J, the life of 4 americans is worth that of 100,000 iraqies? i see.

God those americans are amazing.
"We have to stop them, they are performing acts of terror against us!!"
YOU INVADED THEIR FUCKING COUNTRY YOU FAT STUPID MORONS.

Grunt.
1.) In my opinion? The lives of terrorists mean absolute shit to me. I do feel for the civilians, and if there was a way to avoid casualties, then I would want it enforced.

2.) We invaded their country. 'k. So, you know, I mean, ignoring WMD's, we should have just let Saddam have his way with his rape rooms and all. Lovely way to spend an evening, I'm sure. Funny, last time the world turned a blind eye to genocide, they called it holocaust. Yet now, it's the evil Americans.

Grr. Gotta love those fat, stupid morons.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:42
formerly just angry

Pandy: If you visit the gamespy site you will find constant ads depicting soldiers holding little children's hands and captions saying - Do you want to be a hero? Join the US Army etc etc etc. Its really heavy propaganda if you ask me. And give OB a break!

Oh and Double J: The war on Iraq IS technically an invasion as a)the initial cause for war WMD was never proven and b) it did not receive international sanction. There needs to be a bit of objective coming in here.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:18
Still in a dream...

Yes, it is propaganda, but does it work? I seriously doubt it. I only play it because its free, and imo better than counter strike.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:29
Magic Ball Master

Not on you yes but then again it isn't aimed at you, seeing as you're not in a position to join the US army.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:32
The return of

Axx, you can't say "fuck democracy". Don't you live in one yourself? If it's so bad, why are you here?

I said 'Fuck democracy when...' I created a criteria as when to fuck democracy, and not just democracy itself. At to why i live here, because the British took my home land and gave it to the jews, and i will live here untill it is liberated, or the israelies accept the right of return.

BTW, the riots, when they hung/torched the four civvie US corpses in Fallujah earlier this year...
They were not civlians and you KNOW that. They were blackwater armed contractors, and they deserved every bullet they got, you invaded a country, you pay for it. And before you chat about the four "civilians" your army of dickheads and terrorists killed 800 Civies in the last siege of fallujah, and they killed another 100,000 in total.

yeah. We don't forget. Strangely enough.
Dont worry, i wont forget what Americans do either, that i promise you.

Legitimate resistance?
Under the United Nations, and under the law of any country, people, clan, religion, if ones country is invaded, one has the right to resist, and when i speak of resistance, i do not mean the bombing of civies, and they do bomb the Americans, and for that i support them. I do not classify the killing of iraqies as resistance except when that iraqi supports the americans (i.e. like the force that is with the americans killing the fallujans)

The vaste majority of Iraqis would not agree that the resistance is legimate, seeing as they as a whole are killing more Iraqis then they are killing US these days.
Do not speak for the Iraqies when you know nothing of them. Provide a statistic, and i will be happy to agree with you. Your statement is baseless. I believe the Vast Vast majority support the resistance that targets Americans. The last washington times poll showed support for americans at less than 10%. I do not know (and i have many iraqi friends, including one the son of the murdered Iraqi Cleric second to ayatollah) who supports that. And being a middle eastern, i can only say it is obvious to anyone who truly knows the full complications of the iraq war.

Heck, the "resistance" is the only thing giving the US a reason to stay. If it wasnt for the "resistance" the US would have no reason whatsoever to be there.
No that would be the barrels of oil, and the strategic location with regard to iran, whom they are looking forward to bombing, and i would not be surprised if in a years time bush begins preparing his propaganda for that.

Also, where did america claim that stuff? O_o
I read it in the newyork times. They also (on the subject of darfur) went on about how darfur should be invaded because it had no oil for anyone to claim the americans where fighting for. The idiot who wrote the article either did not know, or wished to ignore the fact Darfur is Sudans main oil supply, and is second to nigeria.

But neither do I support or believe for one second that Iraqis dont want democracy.
Yeah no one claimed they didnt.

Heck, People seem to think its a third-world country these days.
Lol. It is third world. How you measure if a country is third world is by two things, standard of living, and production. Iraq neither produces, and it has a GDP per capita of less than 1000$ And the CIA factbook categorizes it as a third world country.

Theres what, 25 million people in Iraq, these "resistance fighters" are in the gross, gross minority and are clearly unsupported by the population at large.
The american estimate (or assosiated press) is that they number 150000 - 400000 thousand, with the latter outnumbering the iraqi army prior to the war, is that your gross gross minority. Please research before you present 'facts'.

Democray of any form will reduce the percieved connection the Iraqi govement has with the US, and thus make it harder to "resistance" fighters to find an excuse to blow people up.

And I'm absolutely certain most Iraqis would be quite pissed off with these "resistance" people who are really doing nothing to help them whatsoever. I mean, do you think the avarage Iraqi likes mosques's being used as military base's?
(Explain to me how constantly killing/kidnaping construction workers helps Iraq?)

Not really, not when the only candidates are the prime minister, and the president, as well as other members of the american set up council. They are ruling out the running of people, as usual assosiated with terrorism, e.g. Moqtada al sadr (whom i happen to not like, but i do believe it is his right)
As for the resistance, did you not hear about the islamic council pulling out from the interm government, coming out with a statment that the resistance was legitamite, or how the ayatollahs party is condeming the intervention? They clearly have the support, but your speaking for the iraqies based on your own views!

I think america should get the fuck out of iraq, before the country runs out of iraqies.
ROFL, thats a funny, but sadly true way of putting it!

Simply because he wasn't
He set out only to liberate Kuweit. Attacking Saddam himself was not the point of the intervention.
They are however blamable for the massacer on the Kurds after the Gulfwar. They told the Kurds that they'd back them up if they would revolt for freedom. The Kurds did so but the Americans didn't back them up at all. Result: thousands of deaths due to gassattacks.

Dont forget the promise they maid to the shias, and the massacure of the karbalaies as a result when they pulled back their support (as well as irans fault)

1.) In my opinion? The lives of terrorists mean absolute shit to me. I do feel for the civilians, and if there was a way to avoid casualties, then I would want it enforced
And the lives of the 'Civilian' blackwater contractors dosnt mean shit to me either, but this is SO TYPICAL AMERICAN. You claim whomever you kill is a terrorist to claim the moral highground and legitimise yours killing them WHEN THE WORLD KNOWS THEY WERE CIVILIANS OR RESISTANCE FIGHTERS. The Only fucking terrorists are your chickens dressed in military uniform who kill civilians freely because they can just shout at the next person THATS A TERRORIST.

2.) We invaded their country. 'k. So, you know, I mean, ignoring WMD's, we should have just let Saddam have his way with his rape rooms and all. Lovely way to spend an evening, I'm sure. Funny, last time the world turned a blind eye to genocide, they called it holocaust. Yet now, it's the evil Americans.
The usual American hypocricy, you dont seem to have a problem supporting karamof, he boils his opponents to death, and you didnt mind supporting saddam was his ally, when he was gassing and invading the iranians, wait you actually supported them back then, you dont have a problem supporting King Abdullah of jordan, or King Fahad of Saudi Arabia, Or Husni Mubarak of egypt, Your even willing to support Muaamer el Qadafi of libya now that he wants to do business of you, you dont mind supporting Perves Musharaf of Pakistan. You only seem to care about those poor people when the dictator gets in the way of your Interests YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITES. Man fuckoff with that caring shit, your nation is our fucking enemy, and we dont want your shit for "liberation".

Grr. Gotta love those fat, stupid morons
I wonder who in the world does, your allies in europe are getting pissed, the ones your "liberated" are throwing bombs at you, the chinese and japanese are also pissed, even Anakin, an ISRAELI is pissed.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:48
The return of

Another few points. Doctors in Fallujah have been telling arab media that they are recieving prisoners who have been exposed to american chemichal weapons, im not sure if videos are coming in, but i wont be surprised considedering the videos of palestineans gassed came on earlier last year (wether the israelies deny it or not, there are loads of footage of palestineans suffering extreme seziures as a result of the gas)
http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle05.shtml Al-arabia dosnt have a website, nor does al manar or abu dabi. There is currently a media blackout, as the supposed democracy of iraq controls the media worse than saddam did, they banned aljazeera, so they havnt reported the news, and at one point sized 200 forign journalists at gun point, brought them to the office of an iraqi government official, who then complained of their 'biased terror supporting' coverage. Democracy ey?

This is the same website that is capable of BRINGING FOOTAGE OF THE FALLUJANS FIGHTING THE AMERICANS! No one brings such footage.
http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...rticle04.shtml

Tell me df, IS THAT NOT LEGITIAMITE RESISTANCE. Ofcourse, considering no one appart from very few acually report this, who would believe? The only thing they are willing to talk about is the beheadings
Old 2004-11-11, 00:13
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
1.) In my opinion? The lives of terrorists mean absolute shit to me. I do feel for the civilians, and if there was a way to avoid casualties, then I would want it enforced.

Grr. Gotta love those fat, stupid morons.
Dude, according to the number of people killed, it is now officialy more dangerous to live in iraq than it was during the time of saddam.
You just CAN'T make it look like america is rescuing the iraqi people.

Quote:
even Anakin, an ISRAELI is pissed.
O_O
I give up.
Old 2004-11-11, 00:16
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmeister
Not on you yes but then again it isn't aimed at you, seeing as you're not in a position to join the US army.
Nor are any of the European players. And how many Americans do you think have joined? I read the figures were very low indeed.
Old 2004-11-11, 00:20
The return of

Oh btw, im sorry if i got all worked up yesterday and cussed the living crap out of all americans "Men say what they mean not when anger prevails"-Prohet Muhammed(PBUH)

www.sorryeverybody.com (Americans apologise for not being able to kick bush out, and not stop his war of terror)
Old 2004-11-11, 03:44
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Dude, according to the number of people killed, it is now officialy more dangerous to live in iraq than it was during the time of saddam.
You just CAN'T make it look like america is rescuing the iraqi people.
Well, I wonder whether the insurgents have anything to do with making Iraq dangerous...

Quote:
Americans apologise for not being able to kick bush out, and not stop his war of terror
Good thing that is the minority of Americans. Some of us still are glad President Bush was re-elected over Kerry.
Old 2004-11-11, 10:18
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Double J you say the life of the terrorists doesnt mean anything to you. If Iraq would have invaded the US and suceeded and you would try to fight them in the "aftermatch" then your life wouldnt mean anything... They are freedom fighters and they use gerilla warfare. The amerikans are hostile invaders and therefor they are more terrorists then the freedom fighters imo.

But i dont think of any of the sides as real terrorists.
Old 2004-11-11, 10:24
formerly just angry

This one was particularly good I thought - esp with the addition of Topato (he's made of poison)
Old 2004-11-11, 15:04
A prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Good thing that is the minority of Americans. Some of us still are glad President Bush was re-elected over Kerry.
If you can call 49% a minority... yes.
Are belongs to you
Old 2004-11-11, 16:36
The return of

Well, I wonder whether the insurgents have anything to do with making Iraq dangerous...
Or maybe the trigger happy americans whom a friend of mine, who was in iraq, and was pro american, saw firing at a group of people, hitting a child several times (as well as others around the boy). Im not talking about propaganda from the news, im mentioning what made one friend not pro american. He further claimed there was no firing from the crowd of people. The number of iraqies killed by fellow iraqies, according to the largest body count (ibl) is 5000 approx, the number of iraqies killed according to medact was 22000-50000 and the latest indepth study showed 100,000 as a result of the AMERICANS, and not the insurgents. That is every 20 dead as a result of the americans for every one dead as a result of the insurgents, tell me then, who is making iraq dangerous?

AND STOP WITH THE MOTHER FUCKING HYPOCRICY! DONT GIVE ME THIS "I CARE ABOUT IRAQIES" BULLSHIT!
Old 2004-11-11, 17:11
formerly just angry

Quote:
The US is to lower the terror alert status for financial institutions in New York, New Jersey and Washington, administration officials say. They said the alert would be lowered to yellow - the mid-point on the five-level scale - which represents an "elevated" risk of attack.
You have to be kidding. Bush gets elected and suddenly the "terror alarm" goes down. Why do you even have this thing? I mean come on - it's never going to be 0 so why even have it - its just to make everyone afraid. Shit, if you lived in London or Belfast during the 70s-90s that thing would have been constantly off the scale! Its just a propaganda tool - Much like the Uk's dealing with emergencies booklet but on a much grander scale!
Old 2004-11-11, 19:22
master of electronica

Only God knows the answers!
Old 2004-11-11, 23:03
Magic Ball Master

Maybe we can make Fallujah into a parking lot for our new Afghanistani Wal-Mart. [/imperialist]

Whoop-dee-doo, another set of psedo-european elitist peacemaker crap.
Old 2004-11-11, 23:04
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drecon
If you can call 49% a minority... yes.
Take 100. Subtract 49.

It's basic math skills. You'll get it eventually, though.
Old 2004-11-11, 23:16
Idot

Thats one hell of a sick election system!

Edit: Many americans do that when they get cornerd
Old 2004-11-11, 23:35
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Whats sick? That the winner got 51% of the votes, and the loser 49%?

Drecon: For your information 49% IS a minority - not only in the USA..
Old 2004-11-12, 01:16
Magic Ball Master

However, it is a very large minority, and suggests that America is very divided.
Old 2004-11-12, 01:23
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Of course. But I dont see what that has got to do with democracy or the election system. I think that it is positive for the democracy.
Old 2004-11-12, 07:31
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Tsk, Double-J, no need to get immature.
Anyway, bla bla bla I think we got it all summed up anyway,
Double-J is pro-bush, we aren't.
Axx hates everyone pretty much.
Everything is as usual, return to your homes now.
Old 2004-11-12, 09:29
Idot

The election system makes it almost impossible for more than two candidates to win... This time imo there were two bad choices... "pest eller kolera" as we say in sweden.
Old 2004-11-12, 10:22
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Well, most Europeans are just 'blessed' with a multi-party system. That has good sides (lots of diversion and philosophies) but also bad sides (quite a lot of fights between, not much long term planning)

Both sides have good and bad points

Tags
politics