Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA: The Great Rebellion
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA: The Great Rebellion A game, made on the LBA 1 engine, and set between LBA 1 and LBA 2, in middle of the outbreak of a mass rebellion, and Twinsen has to end the rebellion. (homepage)

Old 2011-05-24, 18:57
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Well this is something else. Currently there is no possibility for multi-player quests or dungeons in lbanet. But once this feature is added it should be possible then to size the quest/dungeon content depending from the number of players in the group.

I think Kobold was more referring to the fact that TGR was made as a singleplayer game and as such should playable offline. This is now possible with Lbanet.
Old 2011-05-26, 12:30
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
Done, it's -Polaris- (with the two -)
I just added you into the Team. Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincevent_123
Well keyboard control for menu is not a big deal and is a feature which is easy to add to Lbanet. It is already in my todo list and if it is really needed urgently I could schedule for release 1.2.

Actually Lbanet was conceived to be able to do at least the same things as lba1 and possibly lba2. But it is not only limited to that. This is the point of making a new engine as to remove the limitations of the old games. So if there are features that are missing we just need to add them to the engine instead of trying to hack the old game.

For the singleplayer/multiplayer part: now with the latest running lbanet engine you will have the same gaming experience playing single or multiplayer. To give you more details the singleplayer version of the game now runs a small server in the background so you can basically do the same things in single and multiplayer (no more restrictions).
Sure it might remove the old limitations, but it also bumps up the hardware requirements considerably. And note, not everyone in the world has the same level of hardware. For example, in Japan, where PC isn't the predominant gaming platform, a lot of people still use old PC's with Windows XP or even old PC-98's with Windows 2000, so nothing that can run LBANet well.
And in countries like Ukraine or Brazil, old PC's running Windows XP, Windows 2000, or even Windows 98 Second Edition, are still predominant. And I know people from all three countries, so I got confirmation of such claims.
Now, I think the project should be done in a way so that as many people as possible can play it, rather than penalize those on older hardware.

That, and LBANet's control system differs too radically from that of the original LBA engine, plus a lot of other things aren't implement, such as most of the SCENE.HQR stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindish
And how can i give and help on this? ^^
For now, wait until I get going on the storyline, then I'll get back to you on this. I'm sorry if I have to do the storyline myself once again (despite the fact I suck at it), but I don't exactly have anyone helping me with it, so yeah. But oh well, let's hope I come up with something good.
Old 2011-05-26, 23:04
Neko

woah cool this still exists..

I have utterly no time, sorry! I created a site i thought was cool back in 2007 and i wrote like two songs. That's all folks. But if you ever wish for music, ask for it when the game is 90% done so I won't go around publishing a soundtrack to a nonexisting game. once was enough
Old 2011-05-26, 23:07
Neko

@Kobold: your picture is awesome...I laughed
Old 2011-05-27, 19:48
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Jesse: Could you send us a .HQS (scenario) version of your TGR Desert Island oasis grid? We have two copies, one is completely empty (a.k.a. black grid), and the other is terribly ufinished.
Old 2011-05-27, 20:27
Neko

not sure if I still got it. If I did finish it..., it was probably not good at all.

for my information: the reason the prequel and the tgr failed is how horrible hard it is to program...is that still the case?
Old 2011-05-27, 20:33
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
for my information: the reason the prequel and the tgr failed is how horrible hard it is to program...is that still the case?
The only reasons the TGR failed were the ones I stated.
Actually we don't know whether it's hard to program. I just haven't seen a proper tutorial on how to do it, and it's hard to grasp anything in the original codes.
Old 2011-05-28, 00:50
Neko

yeh but the prequel sort of failed as well. Due to how hard it was to program the game i think
Old 2011-05-28, 13:45
Let's revive Twinsen !

Send a message via MSN to Vindish
I was the one who entirely code the LID démo, and you're right, coding is not as easy as we can think.
In a sense, the code is quite easy to understand, i mean, you don't need lot of knowledge to get in. But it work with loops, so when you make a little mistake, it's hard to find where ^^

As Kobold says, it's hard to grasp something in the original code, but it was the only way i got to manage to work ^^
Old 2011-05-28, 15:10
Neko

ok so there's actually playable demo's?
I'm shocked...

tell me where?
Old 2011-05-28, 15:14
Magic Ball Master

LID Demo
Vindish's Mod
Inventor's Mods