Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2007-04-23, 15:28
Magic Ball Master

Controlling other characters in LBA1!!

I've said already that it should be possible to control other characters in the scene instead of Twinsen, but it doesn't work like I thought.

You can actually control the other character but not make it walk like Twinsen, we only can turn around with the arrows keys. I think this is due to Behaviour menu which set new animation types for Twinsen, when in script we don't have any way to do it, at least for now.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2007-04-23, 16:54
Magic Ball Master

Is this for controlling multiple characters at the same time, or just replacing the Twinsen model with another one?
Old 2007-04-23, 17:59
Magic Ball Master

Its for controlling multiple characters but not at the same time, its like switching from Twinsen to another character in-game. And no, its not by replacing other model.

I attached the test file. It is for Clear Water Lake scene and to get control of FunFrock you just need to hit him 1 time .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hamalayi Mountains, Clear water lake (with FF).zip‎ (1.4 KB, 224 views)

Old 2007-04-23, 18:27
Magic Ball Master

How do I run it? Twin-e?
Old 2007-04-23, 22:10
Magic Ball Master

You can run it with LbaWin. Just put the scene file under the entry 93 in SCENE.HQR file (Clear Water lake scene). After saving the file you can run LbaWin and play that scene.

If you don't have any save for this part of the game, you can also replace the Prison Scene (the first one), with the Clear Water Lake scene, which you can easily do it with LBA Package Editor in the GRI.HQR and BLL.hqr files. (replacing scene 1 with scene 93 - you just need to drag the line)

Old 2007-04-23, 22:23
Magic Ball Master

Got to try that tomorrow.

For things like that, I have a universal savegame. (Completed the game and edited myself out of the last room with FunFrock using LBA Savegame Editor )
Old 2007-04-23, 22:25
Magic Ball Master

Sure.

I'll investigate more if there's a way to make it walk.

Old 2007-08-12, 04:10
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Twirling FunFrock! That's really cool!

Can you make it walk by now ?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-08-14, 01:49
Magic Ball Master

Nop, didn't get yet how to make it work.

Old 2007-08-14, 02:17
Magic Ball Master

Is it certain that it even is possible?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-08-16, 01:31
Magic Ball Master

Its not certain, but the way I can control is just turn and left, and not walk.

Old 2007-08-27, 21:04
First time poster

Why can't you just: Swap the positions AND models of the characters?
It shall look like you're controling another character, which is not true.
Although, switching characters can be difficult when in different areas.
And of course you must be able to prevent them from walking away.

I'm new to modding LBA, but not to modding in general.
Know that I know NOTHING about LBA scripts.

If you can change twinsen's models, then you should also be able to change other NPC models.
Character1 changeskin Twinsen
Character1 Getcurrentlocation "Char1"

PlayerCharacter ChangeSkin Character1
PlayerCharacter Getcurrentlocation "PlayerPos"

Character1 Setlocation "PlayerPos"
PlayerCharacter Setlocation "Char1"

All you need for it is a trigger, item?
Old 2007-08-27, 21:32
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, I also wonder, because Twinsen has alternate outfits and with them all different behaviour modes work.
Old 2007-08-28, 13:34
You what?!

I'm a little confused... Say for the sake of argument you wanted to play LBA through as a grobo, would it be possible to make him walk normally or would he look really strange?
Old 2007-08-28, 16:45
Magic Ball Master

@ nbgangsta:

The idea of this thread is to change the character In-Game, I mean we won't need to hack anything, just play as the hero and also with other character. This mean we can actually have in the game another side quest where you could make it with different characters.

@ Kobold:

Animations doesn't have anything about the model its used. The different Twinsen outfit are coded in the story script according with the chapters and also with some game-flags. Thats why the engine knows that after that thing happen the character will change its outfit. This apply to all characters.

@ Ricochet:

We can't forget that each model have animations assigned to it in the File3D.hqr. This mean if you only change the model like nbgangsta said, the model will use the animations assign to that model position in File3D, so in some cases it could look strange and other don't, it depends of how the elements (bones) of the character you changing are different from the other one you switch.

It seams I didn't post here a movie, but we can only turn around when we change to another character. I need to investigate more when I get some more time.

Old 2007-08-28, 18:49
You what?!

So we'd just need to swap the new characters animations with Twinsens respective animations, and it should look fine?
Old 2007-08-28, 20:08
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
It seams I didn't post here a movie, but we can only turn around when we change to another character. I need to investigate more when I get some more time.
Did you try checking, whether the File3D Entity, that you're swapping the main character with, has the same types of animations, at the same instances, as Twinsen?
Old 2007-08-28, 21:21
Magic Ball Master

No, but how do, we know if, they had, how do you, check?
Old 2007-08-28, 22:01
Magic Ball Master

Hm, Actually I'm no expert, but isn't it obvious all animations the 3D models have are unique and unorganized to other 3D models's animations?

So I mean if the array of Twinsen's animations are 16 and the Grobo has only 4 anmations, and the game call's Twinsen's animation 11, wouldn't that crash the game?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-01, 14:59
Magic Ball Master

Swapping animations won't work well, simply because the Hero have lots of animations and you will need than for a proper game work.

Anyway, the engine use the 4 first animations for the standard movements, such walk, backwards, turn left and turn right and if you check it, all characters have them in the same position.

Old 2007-09-06, 00:37
You what?!

But not all characters have the 16 different movement animations, not to mention the various combat and ACTION animations. Is it really doable to make the playable character any other species?
Old 2007-09-06, 11:02
Magic Ball Master

When you change control mode in-game you won't change the Hero, Twinsen is the only who can have the behavior menu and all other type of things. Other characters only have the normal behavior and can do some actions. But, if you swap any character you will need all that different animations, thing other characters doesn't have.