Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-07-29, 01:48
the legend

golden survey

hey folks

i found this website:

http://goldensurvey.com/www2/index.asp

in which you can get MONEY thru surveys. Sounds pretty simple no?

wel, thats what im thinking... but before signing up or anything id just like to be sure theres no scam or anything, and im sure all you people are really keen and witty and smart and all that

so.. is it safe? would you use it? if not, then why? do you find any catch? scam?

comment.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2005-07-29, 02:14
Still in a dream...

Money is never free.A valuable lesson to remember in life.
Old 2005-07-29, 05:42
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Very interesting that you have to pay in order to answer the surveys, isn't it?
Old 2005-07-29, 06:05
The return of

Its a fraud, NEVER EVER BELIEVE THAT SHIT. NEVER GIVE OUT ACCOUNT DETAILS EXCEPT TO THE FEW TRUSTED SERVICES.

Take Pandies advice to heart.
Old 2005-07-29, 06:25
the legend

are you people being sarcastic or what?..

come on, the site looks so nifty
makes me want to click all those buttons

no, seriously, theres a faq that answers morshem's comment. Thought it isnt much of an answer...

and pandys comment, well, you are taking the survey, thats kind of a work, and you need to get paid for it....

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2005-07-29, 10:43
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
So, how much are we charging for our program? Our incredible program usually retails for $69.95. However, if you order on our website RIGHT NOW, you will gain full access, all for the one-time LOW price of just $39.95! That's over 40% off the original cost.
This low price will be ending Midnight!

Are you seriously going to trust a site that writes that?

And why do they need your credit card account, or your money if YOU'RE working for them?
Also please explain to me WHY IN FUCK would they want to pay you for playing online games? or reading your emails?

There are MANY "get paid to read-ads/browse the web/take survies" sites which are complete frauds, it's a well known fact. and this site is one of them.

If you give that site your credit information you're the dumbest person in the universe.
Old 2005-07-29, 11:33
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
How many times do we get that "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YOU HAVE WON 5.000.000 $!!! Please call this number before the time runs out!" And what would I expect? I think more of a dire phone bill instead of the millions.
I don't know about this site you showed up, but if it was referred by several internet companies (MSN, AOL, CNN etc.) maybe it is trusty. On second thought, maybe they got paid for the referral?
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-07-29, 12:55
weee

Just look at her:

You can see it in her face that she's lying.
Old 2005-07-29, 13:33
Still in a dream...

Trust me SGK, I've seen and heard enough horror stories from people who think they've just won £5000 for NOTHING or similar shit. Don't trust it.
Old 2005-07-29, 14:43
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Maybe this can answer our most common question:
Quote:
Q: How do I know your company is legitimate and this isn't some scam?

A: Suffice it to say, the fact that we have an agreement with ClickBank.com should provide enough proof. ClickBank is one of the largest payment processors on the Internet, and they only process orders for legitimate websites that adhere to their strict behavior guidelines.

If you feel that you can't trust us, all you have to do is contact ClickBank to have your charge stopped. It's as easy as that.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-07-29, 15:31
Here.

Now... I'm quite skeptical when it comes to things like this... heck, half the Work from Home "businesses" are really pyramid schemes... Although I do have to say, this one looks rather plausable... I think that they may be lying, and I would be cautious about giving them your credit card number. Also, prepare to be getting a LOT more spam/junk mail/telemarketers, as your public information will most likely be given to the companies via the surveys.

And as far as the FAQ goes... you can't stop payment once they've already taken your $35.
Old 2005-07-29, 21:24
the legend

hm yeah but what about the clickbank thing illumina mentioned about? and the logos of the companies in the bottom of the first page?

They would sue the website for using their names and logos or something, no?

Old 2005-07-30, 00:57
Magic Ball Master

It's a scam, no doubt. C'mon, seriously, as someone already mentioned, why would they pay you to play games and check email? I mean, I suppose they need your credit card to deposit your "payments," but please.

Actually, if people are stupid enough to sign up for these things, they deserve to get robbed.
Old 2005-07-30, 08:53
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
hm yeah but what about the clickbank thing illumina mentioned about? and the logos of the companies in the bottom of the first page?

For fuck's sake, just leave it OK? Do you know how many sites like this there are on the internet? With logotypes and shit that makes stupid and less stupid people believe it is serious. Just never visit the site again.
Old 2005-07-30, 10:53
Party animal

Yeah, get a real job, foo'.
Old 2005-07-30, 19:57
Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid

While the logos are a bit of persuasion, chances are the companies don't know about it, and even if they do, they probably can't/don't want to do anything about it as it would be expensive and difficult for them to get anything done...

Forgery of logos and certificates is actually a rather common practice on the web.
Old 2005-08-03, 07:35
the legend

oo-kay!...

Darn it, it would be soo cool if it wasnt a catch

*sigh*

anyway, thank ya fellas! (thats what forums are for aint it? yay!)

Old 2005-09-28, 19:34
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Actualy, there is a real "get paid for servays" type thing, its called Viverance or something like that.

Basicaly its thus:

Take a 30-hour long servay
Get a five/ten pound amazon voucher.

Or simerlar.
Its a geniune offer, and the voucher is a "proper" one that can be used just like cash would be.
However, the shear effort involved in doing the servays is not worth the reward.
Old 2018-05-01, 22:06
the legend

I really, really miss the days when mbn was alive and active and everybody was willing to join in random topics and participate.

A forum is such a unique type of interaction. You can't get this same thing with local irl friends. Everybody here pretty much had strong personalities and views and valuable inputs, even if sometimes acid, sarcastic or funny. Regardless, it created a lively enviroment.

It seems a lot of old members still visit the forums often, but not willing to be active as before. Good days... when everybody here was around 14~19, with loads of time and energy to spare. I am truly glad to have been part of this era of MBN. One that'll probably not happen again, as there won't be a fresh new generation of LBA fans coming anytime soon.

Old 2018-06-01, 20:05
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Due to the recent Ontario Teachers Strike I have a lot more free time on my hands and tried going on these sites to make some money on the side... to be honest they are not worth your time and take so many hours/effort just for a few bucks. Some psychology studies at your local university offer pay in return and generally range from ~$10-$25 for 1 hour of your time.
Old 2018-06-02, 11:02
Neko

spaceguitarist, we could just post on and have this a 2 member forum :P

I absolutely loved the 2012-2013 period, with kasia, you, me, anakin and elliptic, DJ and all the others
Old 2018-06-02, 11:23
lba 4 life

It really sad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mbnfeel.png‎
Views:	71
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	10176  
Old 2018-06-05, 02:29
the legend

Jesse: hmmm I don't miss that period so much y'know lots of flame wars hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash View Post
It really sad
yeah.

Old 2018-06-05, 10:31
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Jesse: hmmm I don't miss that period so much y'know lots of flame wars hehe

yeah.
weren't you one of the participants? :P
Old 2018-06-05, 14:45
Party animal

this place was most active when there are flame wars, at least from 2010 onwards. i don't see the problem.