Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2005-05-03, 03:00
Boobs!

LbaX Logo

This is just a little thing that I put together.

You might not like it though... but what the hell!

Last edited by SebZ; 2006-06-02 at 09:08.
Old 2005-05-03, 20:10
weee

Hey, this is quite good!
Old 2005-05-03, 20:28
Do the evolution.

I like it also - it's very good, but it kinda resembles a graphic card box or something, not LBAish I think But anyway it's very good - did I say that twice ?
Old 2005-05-03, 22:06
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
I like it also - it's very good, but it kinda resembles a graphic card box or something, not LBAish I think But anyway it's very good - did I say that twice ?
I was going to say the same thing
It reminds me for the nVIDIA logo ^_^
Old 2005-05-03, 22:42
Do the evolution.

How's the progress btw. Horadrim ? Dind't heard from you for some time
Old 2005-05-04, 03:13
Boobs!

Thanks! I'l make a few more, and see if you like them!

Progress, Uh... I PMed him and haven't got a reply yet. :S
Old 2005-05-04, 08:00
Free-lance designer

I didn`t get any PMs,my box is empty.
The progress...hmm I could say that there`s no progress alas :S ,since there`re some problems with the file transfer between my 3DS MAX copy and Davide`s one.
Also I didn`t got any tasks from him in the last few months.I`m always in charge,but since I haven`t anything to do I could only wait for Davide to appear and give me some work to do.
By the way,I noticed that no one from the rest of the team cares of the post I posted
few weeks ago.I posted a short movie,showing the Dino fly.I don`t get it.Why no one posts there anymore?If mad_aeon is not active this doesn`t mean that all of us from LBAx team must be inactive in the discussion forum.I suppose that everyone wants progress with the game.Then why no one even looks at the team subforum?
Old 2005-05-04, 12:57
Do the evolution.

Parhaps their also busy - it's the end of the school year, a lot of people has exams and such and noe enough time for the things that they like. I have an exam tomorrow, and and the day after tomorrow and then the last one on the 12 may. It's strange, end of school - bit scarry
Old 2005-05-05, 03:26
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horadrim
I didn`t get any PMs,my box is empty.
The progress...hmm I could say that there`s no progress alas :S ,since there`re some problems with the file transfer between my 3DS MAX copy and Davide`s one.
Also I didn`t got any tasks from him in the last few months.I`m always in charge,but since I haven`t anything to do I could only wait for Davide to appear and give me some work to do.
By the way,I noticed that no one from the rest of the team cares of the post I posted
few weeks ago.I posted a short movie,showing the Dino fly.I don`t get it.Why no one posts there anymore?If mad_aeon is not active this doesn`t mean that all of us from LBAx team must be inactive in the discussion forum.I suppose that everyone wants progress with the game.Then why no one even looks at the team subforum?
I ment mad_aeon, There was a movie? Where?
Old 2005-05-05, 13:54
Free-lance designer

The movie movie is currently aviable only for the team members in the team subforum.
It`s not something spetial,just it shows the model in all of it`s sides by rotation of the camera.
Old 2005-05-05, 14:07
Look beyond reality.

I don't quite get the lbax-subforum-only-for-the-team idea though. In my eyes all of the MBN members are part of the team. They can help you with brainstorming, and critizing the models, etc.
So if you don't get much critics on a model, it's not very unexpected, is it? I'd say; post the things you want critics on, here, so everyone can say what they think. If you don't, I don't quite get why you are so sad no-one responds.
Old 2005-05-05, 17:29
Free-lance designer

Well,you maybe forget that if all of the progress is public knowledge there won`t be a need for you to play the game,since you`ll know all from it.If every one from the game industry follows the same logic,then every single person in the world could take role in the development.We`re trying to act like professionalists (I hope that well be professionalists one day ).Furthermore I`m sure that there are people which really don`t want to know anything for the progress,just because they want to play the final product.In other hand we won`t kill the "thrill from the first view"
BTW as you say,Bot13 all the members from MBN are somehow members of the team,that`s why there`s a line in the credits in which is written "thanks to the MBN community" or something like that.
For final of my words I`ll ask you to remember something.I`m sure that you remember the first time you put the LBA cd in your CD_ROM drive.How did you feel when you started playing?Exited,curious?Only you know that.But you were probably curious how the models will look like,the levels,the world.I`m sure that you wanted to see all at once.Now you understand why the progress in kept in a secret,just because we want to make you feel in the same way.
Old 2005-05-05, 17:46
Look beyond reality.

I already had that first-time play feeling. You guys are doing a LBA-Fangame, with loads of things just thesame as in the lba game (I can't say you are doing a remake, because I didn't saw the screenshots yet).
You don't want to spoil the fun, and that's very logic.
But don't you think that the ones who don't want to look, just dont? Don't you think that posting all the updates in a public topic wil increase the people who want to work for this project? And the people who aren't interested in updates, don't look anyway.
Listen; this is a LBA fan project, 100% free, and in a small group of LBA-fans. There's no need to be extra-professional in my eyes. You just make a nice game, it's not like it's going to be in the stores or something..

Well, it's all your decision, and this is all just a tip for you, no critic
Old 2005-05-06, 07:29
Gobbles the bush turkey

I know exactly what you mean Horadrim.
I made a game over a 2 week school holiday and it was a clever, far-fetched, extreme story based on me and my freind's local life (school, locations, people) and i based the characters of my friends. When i first gave them a demo of it featuring the first level; they loved it, and thought it was a very funny parody of an issue we had before the holidays. Many people loved it. The main reason? Because they weren't expecting it and it was unpridictable. The next few weeks i released slightly updated versions of it, and it became obvious that they were getting more and more un-interested until they didn't even care anymore. Fortunately i stopped the slow leaking of goodness before thay lost all interest in it, and saved all my effort for one final release.
I am still working on it and i have brainstormed many good ideas and have been modeling and animating 3d movies for it. I predict that they will really like it more than they liked the first version.
It's like filling up a bucket of water in a desert, and there is a tap slowly despersing one drop at a time into the bucket which you eagerly want to drink from. You can either drink the water as it slowly comes out, or you can be patient and indulge in it when the bucket is full.