Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2006-12-18, 09:51
Registered Schnitzel

Quotes

I don't really like the way quotes are handled right now.
So I have a few suggestions:
1. Create a "Quotes" namespace, and copy all the quotes from the mbn to that namespace. The page title for each quote will simply be its MBN id (e.g. http://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/2047 will be copied to http://twinsunica.waxo.nl/index.php/Quotes:2047).
This will also help us categorize the quotes (e.g. Said by twinsen, said to twinsen, on lba1, on lba2), and will help us search through the quotes easily (using the wikimedia search engine), and do other cool stuff as well.

2. modify the quotes template so it will simply include specific quote page (e.g. "{{Quote|id=2047}}"). This can be quite easily done. It will also include a link to that quote's page.
This template will also have various options, like:
a. {{Quotes|Quote=xx|Character=yy}} will still work as it used to (but we will avoid using it).
b. We could have quote links, which will only include a link to the quote's page, and not include the quote itself.
etc etc.

What do you think?
Old 2006-12-18, 17:56
Master of Science & Magic

Don't know if it changed in mediawiki after 1.5. But changing stuff that has to do with namespaces isn't easy.
But I think there are other ways to incorperate the quotes.

Anyway, it's fairly easy to get easy to parse data from the MBN game quotes, simly add '/xml' to the url and you'll get an XML output of the quotes:
http://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/2047/xml
Old 2006-12-18, 18:28
Registered Schnitzel

I guess you're about the namespaces, but I still want each and every quote to have its own article, so we can edit them freely (like adding links and categories). It could be something like Quote_2047.

Is there a way to automatically generate articles in Twinsunica? (Wacko?)

About the XML: Cool, didn't know that.
Old 2006-12-19, 04:44
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
There are bots that can automatically create articles/change stuff.