Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2012-04-26, 03:57
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsen AITD Reference WIP

Note, that this is Fan-Made, not an Official Game. I know that this post has nothing to do with LBA, but it does with AITD, well, it sort of does. I have played and beaten AITD a few times now, around 5 or 10. And I just decided to make this, it's a custom AITD somewhat similar to the one Fred released with Infogrames in 1992. This is what I have so far though. Ignore the Grid and the Blue Box seen in the picture.

Everything in the picture is all hand made by me. And yes, the backgrounds and the character models are supposed to look like the style used for the models in the original AITD. Suprisingly, I might be able to mistake my player model for an AITD model. This is a WIP (Work in Progress) so far, but I will only do this for the first room for now. This might be released in a few months, but maybe not. I will try to continue to make more models, such as a cabinet, and a chest as seen in AITD. If you notice in the picture, there is a window, and a trap, these were in the first room in AITD, and I decided to do the same kind of idea.

Here are the programs I have used so far to make this:
Game Maker 8.0 (For making the Game)
Step Voice Recorder (To record some Sound Effects)
Audacity (To cut-out the Sound Effects)
3ds Max (To make my models)
Misfit Model 3D (To export the models into obj. format)
Game Maker Model Creator (To add texturing, ect, to the models)

Game Maker is not a very efficient program for 3d, and there are only a little amount of 3d options. But I have used Game Maker for a long time, so I am going to stick with it for now. Game Maker can handle higher poly models, but you need to have a faster computer for that. So that is why I made my models low poly.

Also, I am trying to look for people who are good with 3d in Game Maker. If anyone knows someone who could help me out, it would be appreciated. I am not good with scripts, but I can try to get my player model moving with animation. Unfortunately there is no "Articulated and skinned 3d characters" (Frederick Raynal Saying at GDC) in this, Game Maker just doesn't support this kind of function yet.

What do you Quetches think about this? Give me your honest opinion.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:30
Polly parrot

I think it does look like AitD
Maybe you could try to work on the character, we can see way too much triangle.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:32
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Very cool.
I got no experience with Game Maker.....based on Dark Basic Pro isn't it?
Old 2012-04-27, 04:05
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Very cool.
I got no experience with Game Maker.....based on Dark Basic Pro isn't it?
Dark Basic Pro? I have never heard of it, so I am not sure.
Old 2012-04-27, 04:07
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I think it does look like AitD
Maybe you could try to work on the character, we can see way too much triangle.
Alright, I'll fix that soon. And yeah, it does look like AITD. I tried to fit the style somewhat similar to AITD.

Tags
adventure, frederick, infogrames, raynal