Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2015-02-13, 04:26
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Exclamation Convert LBA LM1 model files to MDL (source)

"It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks", try 8 years!

So I did email xesf (alexfont) about this and he pointed me towards what I'm sure is useful information, but I'm really not that savvy when it comes to programming. Basically what I want to do is convert LBA 1 character models (and hopefully animations) into a more ubiquitous format so that they can be used in Source Film Maker and beyond. I first landed on LBAnimator and found that it could be used to export an AutoCAD (.dxf) file, but when I opened the resutling file I found that this format only contains the model shape and not the rest of the data.

Xesf pointed me to neolbanet where there are a bunch of tools, among which appears to be an LM1 to OSG converter (https://code.google.com/p/neolbanet/...ols%2Flm1toosg) which would be a good step in the right direction but, considering my aforementioned lack of programming knowledge, I do not know how to compile this or whether it can be used to convert the character models (it appears they have only used it to convert the holomap).

As for converting the animations to DMX files that would be compatible with the hypothetical eventual MDL files, I haven't even begun thinking about that one!

It would be awesome if we could work this out!

Xesf's info about lm1 files: http://lba.fishos.cc/fileinfo/index.php?file=spec&id=8
Old 2015-02-13, 06:37
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, not as active as before. We had brave and great times here, though.

I remember Lupin working on something related to models years ago. I guess he made an exporter as well, but for LBA2. I'm sure it is here somewhere in the forum in the LBA online related topics.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2015-02-14, 01:16
Polly parrot

Or maybe try to contact the main guy behind LBAOnline, Rincevent_123 (he did nearly everything apart from the gui).
Old 2015-02-16, 22:53
Magic Ball Master

You mean LBANet, because LBAOnline was another project that came a little before LBANet

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2015-02-17, 10:57
Polly parrot

Yes, LBANet, sorry '

Tags
convert, lm1, models