Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA: The Great Rebellion
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA: The Great Rebellion A game, made on the LBA 1 engine, and set between LBA 1 and LBA 2, in middle of the outbreak of a mass rebellion, and Twinsen has to end the rebellion. (homepage)

Old 2006-10-06, 21:38
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Twinsun General Information And Feedback

This project has been going on for some time now, so I think it's time for it to finally have a thread on the MBN as well.

So anyway, now onto the subject.

1. What is LBA: The Great Rebellion?
This is a game, made on the LBA 1 engine, and set between LBA 1 and LBA 2, in middle of the outbreak of a mass rebellion, and Twinsen has to end the rebellion.
It's also a direct continuation of this LBA 1 modification of mine, but with all the nonsense about the brokers removed.

2. Who is working on it?
I'm the Team leader.
Next, we have Quetch, who is responsible for graphic and pixel art, 3-D modelling (if it will be needed), and voices.
There's also Ricochet, who is responsible for the music, and helping with the storyline.
We also have Neko, who is helping with the music and with the storyline.
There's also kat15pl, who is the second coder.
We have Double-J, who is responsible for the storyline, and more voices.
We also have StreGGy, who is the main storyline writer.
Then, there's GCArrera, who is our main concept artist, main sound engineer, and also helps with storyline.
And there's Faust, who's our second sound engineer.
There's also Lewi-G, who is helping with the 3-D models.
Also helping us is F2bnp, who is the dialogue writer, and third coder.
We also have Victor Allard, who is our second concept artist.
And in the end, there's also Kobold, who is our Web technician, second grid-maker, and main German translator.

3. What is the current progress of the game?
Currently, part of the storyline has been already decided, and two grids - Desert Island military base, versions with both the full base and the destroyed base.

4. Are there any screenshots available of the game?
Yes, there are screenshots available of the above-mentioned two grids. They are attached, BTW.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I'm still in the LBA Prequel Team, and this project is NOT in anyway intended to harm the LBA Prequel.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desert_m_base.jpg‎
Views:	436
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	6150   Click image for larger version

Name:	desert_m_base_d.jpg‎
Views:	397
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	6151  

Last edited by Battler; 2006-11-01 at 15:23. Reason: Updated the Team list...
Old 2006-10-06, 21:55
You what?!

Cool bases! But it sounds exactly like the LBA prequel, heh...

Who's rebelling against what exactly, anyways?
Old 2006-10-06, 22:03
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Ricochet: Thanks for the compliment about the Bases.

BTW, it's not exactly like the LBA Prequel. The LBA Prequel is set way before LBA 1, while LBA: The Great Rebellion is set between LBA 1 and LBA 2.

And to answer your question, a group of political rebels, which consists of members of all four Twinsunian species, and whose main headquarters is the Desert Island Military Base, has rebelled against the new, democratical leader of Twinsun, a certain Angus LeGavroche, because he accidentally spilled some of FunFrock's mutation liquid into the Citadel Island caves (well... it happened when he was visiting those caves as a tourist on Citadel Island), and that spawned 2 types of creatures: the Tralü's (last examples of a Tralü family seen in LBA 2), and the Giant Spiders (last example seen in LBA 2).
Old 2006-10-06, 22:20
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
I really hope that since both LBA-Prequel and LBA-TGR use a similar principle of reverse engineered LBA1 , work will go twice as fast for both of them and well I really wish that all the LBA hacking and devotament of the team members will make the LBA projects go in a straight upwards direction , and one day we will see at least one of these many projects completed ..................... hummmm nice speech
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-10-06, 22:23
Welcome to Zirla!

- Quetch: Well... I think that LBA: The Great Rebellion will be make on TwinEngine anyway, since I wanted to add space for new inventory items.

And I hope that one day, both this and the LBA Prequel will be completed (I'm sure of that, actually).

BTW, Team status update: Ricochet is now in the team as well, as music composer and storyline helper.
Old 2006-10-06, 23:52
Magic Ball Master

Yay! A GR thread!

Ugh...more script to write...
Old 2006-10-07, 00:18
the hobbits to Otringal

Cool more LBA stuff!
I find the positioning 'gart houses' a bit strange, to be honest.
Also if this took place after LBA1 sould'not there be more living plants on Desert Island, after the wise man played the fute?
Really looking forward to playing The Great Rebel.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2006-10-07, 11:20
weee

Wonderful, more LBA mods!
Old 2006-10-07, 11:41
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Wonderful, more LBA mods!
indeed... can't wait

the screenshots look a bit crowded
Old 2006-10-07, 22:18
Welcome to Zirla!

OK, news. Neko just joined the LBA: The Great Rebellion Team. He's going to help with the music.

BTW, could some moderator correct this in my first post:
Quote:
2. Who is working on it?
I'm the Team leader.
Next, we have Quetch, who is responsible for graphic and pixel art, 3-D modelling (if it will be needed), and voices.
There's also Ricochet, who is responsible for the music, and helping with the storyline.
In the end, we have Double-J, who is responsible for the storyline, and more voices.
To this:
Quote:
2. Who is working on it?
I'm the Team leader.
In the end, we have Double-J, who is responsible for the storyline, and more voices.
Please?
Old 2006-10-07, 22:20
Magic Ball Master

Done

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-10-07, 22:21
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Thanks.
Old 2006-10-07, 22:26
You what?!

Can we have an MBN group for this project, like the RMP?
Old 2006-10-08, 00:07
Welcome to Zirla!

- Ricochet: I agree, we should have one.

BTW, I forgot to say, that this scene will also appear in LBA: The Great Rebellion.

Also, kat15pl just joined the Team now, as second coder.

So could a Moderator could correct this in the first post:
Quote:
2. Who is working on it?
I'm the Team leader.
To this:
Quote:
2. Who is working on it?
I'm the Team leader.
There's also kat15pl, who is the second coder.
Please?
Old 2006-10-21, 00:42
Welcome to Zirla!

I have to say ULTRA-HUGE thanks for El_Muerte almighty for making this sub-forum here.

I made a sticky thread here now with the project planification, and another thread with information of where to send samples.

- El_Muerte: Thanks again.

Last edited by Battler; 2006-10-21 at 00:48.
Old 2006-10-21, 08:18
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Thank you El-Muerteee !!!
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-10-21, 11:10
Magic Ball Master

Great!

(Hey, we get a flood of forums lately, don't you think? )

The red color you are using in the planification thread don't match the LBA 1 Grassland Theme, they're unreadable.
Old 2006-10-21, 11:13
Welcome to Zirla!

- Kobold: Ahhh... thanks, sorry. I'm going to fix that now.

It's that I copied the thread from my forum, and my forum uses a darker skin, and thus requires different colors.
Old 2006-10-21, 11:17
Magic Ball Master

I already thought "Is this a 1-by-1 copy of Obras forum?"
Old 2006-10-21, 11:24
Welcome to Zirla!

- Kobold: LOL, I copied the threads from there because otherwise, I would have had to re-write them from scratch.

Anyway, I fixed the Project Planification thread now.

Well... this thread, though, was first made here on the MBN.
Old 2006-10-21, 11:47
Magic Ball Master

You have the 50th forum of the MBN
Quite many...
Old 2006-10-21, 12:01
Welcome to Zirla!

- Kobold: Actually, quite some MBN forum ID's between 1 and 50 are unassigned, and some are hidden.
So I think there are something between 30-35 public sub-forums here on the MBN.
Old 2006-10-21, 12:05
Magic Ball Master

Where I did I saw such Project Planification?!

Can't wait to see this project running. This have all to start before the Prequel project, and I really forward to see it.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2006-10-21, 12:14
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Let's just say your thread was a good template.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and I have to say that even as for now, this project is developping quite fast already.
Old 2006-10-21, 15:41
Magic Ball Master

You're welcome