Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2007-07-20, 09:22
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
Quetch, I can't really understand why you're weeping so much for materials from the LBAx project. Since the last time I released the last demo and all these stuff you've done with my models and textures, I really don't want to release ANY materials from LBAx, no matter who's asking for them.
If Davide returns and wishes to contunue the project with me, maybe then we'll release screenshots or the first part of the game. Until then everybody should wait.

Last edited by Horadrim; 2007-07-20 at 18:02. Reason: to correct a typo
Old 2007-07-20, 10:26
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
man, I don't want ANY material ... come on, can't u get past over that ??? I just wanted to see some screenshots cause I only saw some thumbinals and I just LOVED them ... nothing more ... what do u think I could do with some screenies ?
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-07-20, 17:40
Magic Ball Master

I think we just need to wait for Mad_Aeon...
Old 2007-09-10, 23:32
Boobs!

This is scary!
The LbaX site is no longer there and MadAeon's home page is completely different!
Has he given up on it?
Old 2007-09-11, 13:23
Magic Ball Master

I think its safe to assume this project is dead. Take it out behind the shed and shoot it.

That being said, I'd love Mad_Aeon and Horadrim to send the Prequel team the files and content, even though Horadrim has stated he does not wish to distribute the source files. I would absolutely love to work on this game, and its actually what really got me into the LBA modifications and fangames.

Making a game with a unique engine would resolve most of the problems we have with the Prequel - namely, the limitations of the LBA 1 engine.

I think, without being to ambitious, that the Prequel team could certainly work on LBA X once the Prequel is complete.

[email address]
Old 2007-09-11, 15:12
HMMV

Send a message via MSN to RobG
So sad, looked like this game had a lot of potential. Projects of this scale require lots of time and dedication from their developers, and I guess real life gets in the way a lot.

It's exciting that the prequel team would like to continue LBAX's development though. I hope you can arrange to get the source from Mad_Aeon one day. I'll look forward to it if it ever happens.

BTW, Double-J, what exactly is the prequel team finding limiting in regards to the LBA engine? Just curious
Old 2007-09-11, 16:08
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
BTW, Double-J, what exactly is the prequel team finding limiting in regards to the LBA engine? Just curious
Well, for starters, I'm in charge of coordinating the voices. One of the problems is that the engine only allows for a certain recording format, which doesn't lend itself well to voice quality. We're trying to work around it with Dopey as our sound engineer, he's come up with some great filtering and remastering ideas that help a bunch, but its still not perfect. The LBA engine will not accept any other audio file format, which is a pain.

Similarly, on that same vein, we are trying to find a way to "fool" the engine into accepting Jesse and Dopey's awesome songs, in their original format. Right now, we have a problem where the in-game engine wants MIDI only, and that will certainly take away some of the atmosphere from their tunes.

On a more technical level, there are just small things which we're fixing and completing, but it takes time. For instance, some of the shader values for models are hard to change right now, but Alex is working on it, to implement in his LBAnimator. Other things include problems with sprite animations.

Basically, just stuff that is annoying, but fixable.
Old 2007-09-11, 20:18
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
What has the Prequel to do with this?, Isn't it 100.04 percent certain you use original LBA1 engine anyway?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-09-11, 22:36
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
What has the Prequel to do with this?, Isn't it 100.04 percent certain you use original LBA1 engine anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
See RobG's post.
Old 2007-09-12, 17:17
Magic Ball Master

So, LBA1 engine isn't for certain you are saying?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-12, 20:01
HMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
So, LBA1 engine isn't for certain you are saying?
No, I'm pretty sure they are sticking with the LBA engine. Double-J was mentioning that AFTER they FINISH the prequel it would have been nice to work on this engine for something. The LBA1 has its limitations, but they are trying to work around them.
Old 2007-09-12, 21:08
Hello

Why don't you guys just make your own engine?lol
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Old 2007-09-13, 06:48
Boobs!

Too difficult and time consuming.
Old 2007-09-13, 10:06
Twinsunian Quetch

so damn sad LBAX was the fan project I loved the most when u think that when I first came to the fan project section back in 2003 I think, I thought LBAx was LBA3 such good memories
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-09-14, 10:16
Free-lance designer

I hope it wouldn`t "sound" rude, but I`d rather give my stuff to Jasiek, instead to*any*of*the*other projects. Besides I have affinity to his project and I like his ideas..wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }
Old 2007-09-14, 12:19
HMMV

I don't think its rude. You spent hundreds of hours creating content for the game, it's yours to do with what you please.
Old 2007-09-14, 14:19
Magic Ball Master

Some parsing errors in your post though.
Old 2007-09-14, 16:11
Magic Ball Master

"Give it to Jasiek", it sounds as wrong as giving to LBAPrequel imo. I mean unless you have commercial thoughts about the engine, just give it out to everyone.

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-14, 17:46
Free-lance designer

The effects and the other code-like stuff I prepeared for the engine are only compatible with the modified GLScene engine, which mad_aeon used. When I said that I`l give my stuff to Jasiek, I mentioned the models and their textures.
BTW, the forum hates me. First was the empty post, then this with the html code. What the hell is going on?

Last edited by Horadrim; 2007-09-14 at 19:37.
Old 2007-09-14, 18:42
Magic Ball Master

Ah ok, it's your/made_aeon's decision.

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-14, 21:31
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
BTW, the forum hates me. First was the empty post, then this with the html code. What the hell is going on?
Try User CP -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface and try changing your editor there, maybe it changes something.
Old 2007-09-16, 11:33
Twinsunian Quetch

he can give it to whoever he wants or make it opensource but I think it's best if he gives them to Jas
Old 2007-09-16, 14:26
Magic Ball Master

Best for what?

I can't imagine how Jasiek (or anyone else for that matter) can use it better if other people doesn't have the sources.

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-16, 19:18
Twinsunian Quetch

I meant the 3d stuff
Old 2007-09-16, 19:57
Magic Ball Master

blah blah.

I can't imagine how Jasiek (or anyone else for that matter) can use it better if other people doesn't have the '3d stuff'.

(image by leoboe! )