Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-04-28, 15:32
You what?!

What insults? Kasia was banned for various reason but mainly for a reported private message. Do not assume that you know everything going on.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:34
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
I thought she was Banned because of the flame-war that happened in this thread.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:35
You what?!

Please give specific examples of any insults I have made.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:36
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
You accused her of lying, and you also violated her privacy.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:37
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
You accused her of lying, and you also violated her privacy.
Those are not insults as far as I know. I think Darkflame's conclusion on the matter should be enough.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:43
You what?!

I accused her of nothing, I simply gave both sides of the story.
But regardless, as Link says, lying is not an insult.
As for violation of privacy, reported posts are not meant to be private.

I would ask you (all) to kindly think before you post.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:43
Welcome to Zirla!

Violation of privacy is in violation of EU law. That alone causes it to be a violation of forum rules as well.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:46
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
As for violation of privacy, reported posts are not meant to be private.
Sorry, it's up to Kasia to decide if he wants her reports private or not. She want them private. Therefore, you violated her privacy, and with it, the EU law and the forum rules.
In any case it's still leaking of information that isn't meant for non-staff to see. On any other forum I'm on, that'd be grounds for demotion.
Also you alleged that Kasia is "not as innocent as she seems", etc. That's a personal attack.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:52
You what?!

I can't believe I need to explain this.

This is the internet.
NOTHING is private.

If you don't want people to see it, DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET.

And really? You think that is a comment worthy of a ban? Or even an infraction?
Old 2013-04-28, 16:07
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
I can't believe I need to explain this.

This is the internet.
NOTHING is private.

If you don't want people to see it, DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET.

And really? You think that is a comment worthy of a ban? Or even an infraction?
No, you still can't go and leak staff-only information to non-staff. If you did that at work, you'd get fired quite fast. And I'm getting tired of people treating the Internet like a damned Alternate Reality Game, it's not. Man, where is Jasiek when we need him...

Also, as a moderator you're supposed to set the example of good behavior. So to staff, stricter rules should apply than to the rest of the members.
Old 2013-04-28, 16:10
You what?!

Fine Battler, please inform the police of my actions.

You're right about the second point, however. I have slipped up in this thread, but it is difficult when someone is telling a very one-sided story about you and making you out to look worse than you are, wouldn't you agree?
Old 2013-04-28, 16:17
Welcome to Zirla!

It's not about the law. It's about having the staff follow some basic ethics rather than thinking they can distribute any information at will.

Also, you could have simply ignored Kasia.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:52
Pim! Pim!

battler just move on, everybody can see kasia's behaviour was inappropriate, and a forum isn't an analogy for a country...
Old 2013-04-28, 19:38
Welcome to Zirla!

And who is using a country as analogy... if anything, I used workplace as an analogy. Leak the wrong information to the wrong person, and you're fired. The Moderators should know better than to leak information like that. Kasia's behavior being appropriate or not, Kitarii behaved unethically.
Old 2013-04-28, 20:34
Pim! Pim!

if the mods are the police then the forum is a country, and kitarii didn't leak information because it was used internally in a board meeting hahaha
Old 2013-04-28, 21:07
Welcome to Zirla!

He did leak information. The post reports are not meant to be public, otherwise vBulletin would be handling them differently. Kitarii should have at least asked her if it was OK to post said reports.
Old 2013-04-29, 19:55
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
He did leak information. The post reports are not meant to be public, otherwise vBulletin would be handling them differently. Kitarii should have at least asked her if it was OK to post said reports.
Battler, please drop this. Darkflame confirmed the reports are in fact not supposed to be private. I think the admin knows that better than you or even vBulletin, because it's something an admin can choose. I do not know why they are effectively private, but that's just the way it is, currently.

Anyway, DF explained what he thinks about this, which should be enough.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:28
Polly parrot

Then, could that sub-forum be open for consultation, but only admins allowed to post ?
Old 2013-04-30, 00:36
You what?!

No, because the discussions are private.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:44
Magic Ball GrandMaster

However, if it would be possible to extract a read only copy of the original report to a public subforum, would that help?

It may cut both sides; people may see what others report, but others can see what they report as well.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:50
You what?!

There's no need most of the time - I only showed it because Kasia had brought it up already.

But enough, please leave this subject alone now.
If you have any different queries about the new rules (or suggestions), then post them here.