Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-04-27, 18:06
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
It may feel awkward for a new member to find such thing in their inbox on a forum devoted to LBA.

EDIT: It's not in the inbox, it's in the "important announcments" section, actually!
OK, it's gone now. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:42
Pim! Pim!

this is a really inappropriate thread!!
for actual lba discussion there's the general forum, if you don't appreciate off topic then don't visit it!!
Old 2013-04-28, 18:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
this is a really inappropriate thread!!
for actual lba discussion there's the general forum, if you don't appreciate off topic then don't visit it!!
It has nothing to do with appreciating Off-topic or not... it has to do with finding an alternative to the MBN, where we don't need to bear some people's provocations.
Old 2013-04-28, 19:01
Pim! Pim!

as far as i can tell the provocative people don't even care about general
Old 2013-04-28, 19:05
Previously Link

What he means is people want to be able to post in off topic without being bothered by the constant trolling and the endless wars that follow.

I don't think an alternative forum is the solution though. Actually, I'm quite confident things will improve here.
Old 2014-05-24, 23:40
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
I already created one as far back as in October 2004. It's the Island CX Forum. The URL is: http://www.islandcx.net/forum .
It'd be nice if it could get some activity.

Edit: I just wanted to note that I'm looking for staff members there too, and I'd be glad to have you on board, Kasia.
Bumping to say that the forum is back. The URL is the same old one: http://www.islandcx.net/forum .
Old 2014-05-25, 00:18
Neko

This is a nice place. I haven't banned anyone for a while except bots
Old 2014-05-25, 00:33
Magic Ball GrandMaster

This board will survive anything.
It's been here for so long.
All thanks to El Muerte.
Thank you
And others.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2014-05-25, 22:46
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
This board will survive anything.
It's been here for so long.
All thanks to El Muerte.
Thank you
And others.
You're welcome.

Old 2014-05-26, 00:26
Magic Ball Master

There's no point creating anything then using this.
This forum it's our home for years and it's here where we feel comfortable and surrounded by great members.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2014-05-26, 12:35
Welcome to Zirla!

- xesf: For you, maybe. But I have few friends left on this forum. I don't really feel at home here, on the contrary, on this forum I feel like being a sheep in the wolf's den.
On this forum, I get almost no reward for my effort. Even my project is being completely ignored. My upwards mobility is also limited because apparently offenses from a decade ago are much more important than all the good I did and might do in the future.
I don't feel comfortable on this forum and there has been absolutely zero effort from some people here to make me feel comfortable here. That's why I still have my own forum, because it's really the only place where I can discuss the LBA games while being myself, without fear of reprisals, and without being considered a second-rate member even by the Moderators.
Old 2014-05-26, 12:49
Magic Ball GrandMaster

If it's of any consolation to you Battler, I still think you're amazing
I'm not really into the or any software at the moment, so I can't help you with your projects, but it's great to have your dedication. Apparently I wasn't there back when your troubles at the board started, and I can see that it's still troubling you, but I know that you've got what it takes to solve this. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of whether to persue a different board or not, that's ultimately your own decision.

But I feel this could be solved differently, that's all. I believe in you

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2014-05-26, 12:59
Welcome to Zirla!

- J McKalling: It can't be solved differently. Let me remind you that the guy who was recently promoted to Administrator, is the same person who last year proclaimed widely and loudly that I should be permanently barred from any Staff position on this forum solely because I got Banned twice a decade ago. That's basically declaring me a second-rate member. I couldn't give a damn about being a Moderator, this is about the principle.
Contrast that with BetaArchive, where after two more recent and longer Bans (each of the two Bans was much longer than both my MBN Bans combined), I was allowed back, and eventually with my effort, I became a Moderator too, and BetaArchive is known for having a harsher style of rule than the MBN, well this says a lot.
Why is it that BetaArchive could give me a chance, while on the MBN, I was told that no matter how well I behave and how much time passes since those Bans, I will basically still be considered a criminal. Yes, good way to make a person feel at home.

Add to that the fact that most people I had good relations with, are either gone (SpaceGuitarist, Quetch, etc.) or have been driven out (Kasia), well... even more reason to not feel comfortable here.
Old 2014-05-26, 13:15
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Yes, it's clear that it's still very hot to you. I understand that it is hard to think this could be solved in a different way, and I wouldn't mind if you didn't. But I'm convinced there is a way.

In every conflict there is more than one perspective, and while not being a part of it, I can see more than one here. It is also clear to me that both sides are not fully understanding the other. This is exactly why I see a real solution. If you'd let me, I'd like to help you see it, but only if you really want me to. Regardless of your ultimate choice.

Old 2014-05-26, 14:14
Welcome to Zirla!

- J McKalling: Then please help me see it.
Old 2014-05-26, 14:21
Magic Ball GrandMaster

All right, I'll continue this over PM

Old 2014-05-26, 14:25
Polly parrot

Quote:
My upwards mobility is also limited because apparently offenses from a decade ago are much more important than all the good I did and might do in the future.
Who said that ? No really, I'm genuinely asking, because I never heard anyone but you bring these up over the last five year
Old 2014-05-26, 14:29
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Please Polaris, allow me to talk to Battler before the subject can escalate again.
Let it rest for a while, I'll get back on this later.

Old 2014-05-26, 15:18
Polly parrot

Okay, sorry.
And sorry Battler.
Old 2014-05-26, 15:44
Magic Ball GrandMaster

This thread could of cource continue the discussion related to an alternate forum, as any issues I'll be talking about with Battler, would be separate from this thread's subject anyway.

Old 2014-05-26, 16:50
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Umm..guys..have you noticed that this forum is fucking dead?
Does all this stuff even really matter anymore?
Old 2014-05-26, 17:37
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Umm..guys..have you noticed that this forum is fucking dead?
Does all this stuff even really matter anymore?
Well, this forum being "dead" only has anything to do with inactivity and/or lack of active subjects from active members, and nothing with however any member feels about the board, so I guess this means it may still matter.

Old 2014-05-26, 18:05
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
That reminds me, this thread was opened back when some members here accused elliptic and myself of ruining the forum and preventing other people from having quality conversations. Me and elliptic on the other hand claimed that people here love our shenanigans, and that if it weren't for us this forum would be dead.

Well MBN'ers had about a year to have quality discussions uninterrupted by elliptic and myself. We all know how that turned out...
Old 2014-05-26, 19:37
Neko

You are very good at framing things completely different than the facts.
So by saying I personally think people who have recieved bans aren't a good choice to become moderators I suddenly declared you a criminal?

That makes no sense.

At the moment I think about it a bit differently, if the said member has shown a clear change of behaviour over the years I would definitely reconsider it.

Edit: so you got banned at other places too? XD
What did you do??
Quote:
- J McKalling: It can't be solved differently. Let me remind you that the guy who was recently promoted to Administrator, is the same person who last year proclaimed widely and loudly that I should be permanently barred from any Staff position on this forum solely because I got Banned twice a decade ago. That's basically declaring me a second-rate member. I couldn't give a damn about being a Moderator, this is about the principle.
Contrast that with BetaArchive, where after two more recent and longer Bans (each of the two Bans was much longer than both my MBN Bans combined), I was allowed back, and eventually with my effort, I became a Moderator too, and BetaArchive is known for having a harsher style of rule than the MBN, well this says a lot.
Why is it that BetaArchive could give me a chance, while on the MBN, I was told that no matter how well I behave and how much time passes since those Bans, I will basically still be considered a criminal. Yes, good way to make a person feel at home.

Add to that the fact that most people I had good relations with, are either gone (SpaceGuitarist, Quetch, etc.) or have been driven out (Kasia), well... even more reason to not feel comfortable here.
Old 2014-05-26, 19:49
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Jesse, when I asked to let Battler's subjest rest for a while, did you think this did not need to apply to you as well? Please, I'm serious. I'd like to talk to you too about this, please be patient.