Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-09-09, 23:43
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
I am not talking about how you would mod. I am saying that your personal fight with lipstick and anakin is the only reason you smear their rep and try to get them banned. You don't really care if other people misbehave. But when lipstick says something unfriendly to someone else, YOU attack her! You let personal stuff intervene in your assesment of what is going on here, I don't.
I don't really care if other people misbehave? That's very wrong. I lectured Kasia via e-mail, only to get back a response from her that I don't have emotional intelligence to understand why she behaves like she does.
I also lecture my fellow members on my own IRC network all the time when they misbehave, and I certainly have no personal fights with them. Again, you only look at my posts here, don't even know what I do elsehwere, and make assumptions about my way of thinking.
Also, I only react when A_LIPSTICK is unfriendly to either me only, or the whole forum, which naturally includes me. If you notice, I for example did not partake at all when A_LIPSTICK had the argument with Jack in the Anime thread, nor did I report any post there.
But I do and will react when A_LIPSTICK attacks me with statements such as "you obviously made this up because your story does not unfold according to my expectations". Like it happened in this very thread.

In addition, it's interested you're concerned about A_LIPSTICK's reputation being smeared, while apparently not caring at all about my own reputation being smeared.

Also, I want this forum to be a mature and peaceful place. Right now, it's not so. Look at this very thread as for why. I merely expressed my opinion about the way that guy's Spanish thread was handled, and got called whiny by A_LIPSTICK for it. When I mentioned an example of a similar example that happened to me on another forum, she accused me of making things up simply because the event I mentioned, did not unfold according to her expectations and standards.
This is why I keep trying to stop them, because with them around, any time anyone dares even remotely express anything they don't like, gets attacked by them like that.

Quote:
You could be my best friend and lipstick could be my bully, but I would still judge the same.
Then please show that. Protect all members the same way, instead of being overly defensive towards A_LIPSTICK while standing by and watching when me or SpaceGuitarist get attacked by her and her friends.

Last edited by Battler; 2013-09-09 at 23:52.
Old 2013-09-10, 00:17
<3 MP

This thread is well on its way to "epic" standards
Old 2013-09-10, 00:24
Polly parrot

Yep, not much will be able to stop it now... Maybe if a mod locks it down
Old 2013-09-10, 00:40
Idyllic + whimsical

Battler I'm still wondering about the Jesse shitting incident you mentioned.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-09-10, 02:09
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I am not talking about how you would mod. I am saying that your personal fight with lipstick and anakin is the only reason you smear their rep and try to get them banned. You don't really care if other people misbehave. But when lipstick says something unfriendly to someone else, YOU attack her! You let personal stuff intervene in your assesment of what is going on here, I don't.

You could be my best friend and lipstick could be my bully, but I would still judge the same.
It doesn't change the fact that A_LIPSTICK keeps harassing everyone around here (I don't think she did this to me yet, but I feel annoyed by the fact that so many people get attacked by her) and nothing happens to her. She might think its funny to do that, but many of us don't. I have already explained to you the reason why I don't like that, and I won't stop thinking that. Its purely to call attention and being mean with others, and that's never good to keep keep the peace in the forums.

Talking about that, If we had it, then I would be fine with whatever happened here. If we could just discuss without harassing and acusing each other, it would be great.
Old 2013-09-10, 07:17
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
It doesn't change the fact that A_LIPSTICK keeps harassing everyone around here (I don't think she did this to me yet, but I feel annoyed by the fact that so many people get attacked by her) and nothing happens to her. She might think its funny to do that, but many of us don't. I have already explained to you the reason why I don't like that, and I won't stop thinking that. Its purely to call attention and being mean with others, and that's never good to keep keep the peace in the forums.

Talking about that, If we had it, then I would be fine with whatever happened here. If we could just discuss without harassing and acusing each other, it would be great.
She's been banned for it and since then she stays within bounds. I defend anyone who stays within bounds.
I don't defend her more than others, since calling someone whiny really isn't over the line.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:55
Polly parrot

Or saying that she/he made up something ?
Old 2013-09-10, 13:47
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Reek: Thank you for once again posting the type of post that is the problem. Once again we get attacked for saying something you guys don't like/approve of. That needs to stop.
And maybe I have no balls, but I'm not an animal, so I need brains, not balls.

Also, the reason why noone complained about SpaceGuitarist's crap was because he said his crap while he was being targeted by half the forum for things he didn't do. And surprise, surprise, the targeting mostly came from people associated with #lba.
However, yes, SpaceGuitarist should also refrain from flaming people. Everyone should. But at that time, his own crap was minor compared to the crap that was being flinged against him.

And as for the teasing, I don't like being teased, deal with it. Yes, I'm over-sensitive, but I won't change for the sake of a few people I only know on an Internet forum. And neither will Polaris et al. change. So why not accept that and stop attacking all of us every single time one of us dares react in a way you don't like/approve of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
She's been banned for it and since then she stays within bounds. I defend anyone who stays within bounds.
I don't defend her more than others, since calling someone whiny really isn't over the line.
Exactly this is my problem - her attitude is considered within bounds on this forum, whereas it should be against the rules.
Simply put, the stay on this forum should be pleasant for everyone, and anyone who does anything targeted at another person that said another person deems unpleasant, should be punished for it.
I stood and watched as I was being bullied in high school and not a single teacher did anything to stop it. Sure, a few dozen circulars were made about how from that point on there would be zero tolerance for any kind of harassment, but it never got enforced.
I will certainly not stand and watch as two people on this forum are doing their best to make me relive all the worst experiences I had in the past, and the forum Staff, who should protect all the members, complain about how I'm allegedly smearing reputations while defending the bullies.
Old 2013-09-10, 14:24
Neko

Dinofly

No it shouldn't be against the rules to call someone a liar. What if that person is really lying?
Just because you are overly sensitive doesn't mean we should bend the rules.

No way do we have to accomodate to everyones desires. What if a person takes offence when a woman is adressing him in a thread. Should we introduce gender inequality then?

I feel sorry for your past. However, you aren't being bullied here. You are being told a harsh truth. Thats something else.
Old 2013-09-10, 14:59
Welcome to Zirla!

- Jesse: All I'm asking is to enforce basic respect among members.

Quote:
No it shouldn't be against the rules to call someone a liar. What if that person is really lying?
It can be said politely too, for example, "I think his story is false because I find that kind of behavior from people unlikely". See, no need to be use overly harsh language.

Quote:
I feel sorry for your past. However, you aren't being bullied here. You are being told a harsh truth. Thats something else.
A_LIPSTICK could have still expressed her point more politely. What's being disputed her is not the content of her post, but the way she expressed it and how it comes across.
Old 2013-09-10, 16:20
Idyllic + whimsical

Am I on Battler's ignore list or something?
Old 2013-09-10, 16:36
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
Am I on Battler's ignore list or something?
Yeaj what did they say exactly about me?
Old 2013-09-10, 17:30
Welcome to Zirla!

- Rex_Hollywood: The incident was after Anakin and A_LIPSTICK were Banned from this forum a few months ago, and most of you in #lba proceeded to complain how Jesse is some kind of evil corrupt monster for dating to Ban you guys.
Old 2013-09-10, 18:14
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- Rex_Hollywood: The incident was after Anakin and A_LIPSTICK were Banned from this forum a few months ago, and most of you in #lba proceeded to complain how Jesse is some kind of evil corrupt monster for dating to Ban you guys.
I didn't date them
Old 2013-09-10, 18:38
Polly parrot

Reek : you don't have my tone, so you couldn't understand what I meant to say, I simply wanted to make sure that Jesse implied it, so there won't be any need to discuss it again
And I don't hate Lipstick either.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:18
Neko

Quote:
- Jesse: All I'm asking is to enforce basic respect among members.

It can be said politely too, for example, "I think his story is false because I find that kind of behavior from people unlikely". See, no need to be use overly harsh language.

A_LIPSTICK could have still expressed her point more politely. What's being disputed her is not the content of her post, but the way she expressed it and how it comes across.
Respect is earned, not a basic right.
Anyway, we just disagree about this. I agree on thread closures, but not this bit.
So it has nothing to do with being lazy or not thinking things out, I just don't see this as a kindergarden that I need to manage. It's more like a pub: if people are throwing beer around and smashing bottles it's time to intervene. If people are a bit mean deal with it, you're an adult now.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:36
Welcome to Zirla!

- Jesse: Yes, exactly, I'm an adult, so I want discussion on adult level, not on teenage level. And I'm interested in discussion on a discussion circle level, not on a pub level. What this forum should provide is a middle ground between those who want discussion on a pub level and those of us who want discussion on a more serious level. Instead, the pub level group are telling us "who cares about the rest of you, we want to do whatever we damned please, the rest of you be damned". See the problem?

I want this forum to attract more people like me, who want to research the LBA games in depth, figure out their file formsts, develop modification tools, etc. But instead, this forum is catering to the ones who come here to randomly chit-chat on a primitive pub level.

Quote:
Respect is earned, not a basic right.
I'm not talking about respect as in "you're the best". I'm talking about respect as in "you're a fellow human being so I will treat you as such rather than as a piece of trash". But if you mean that kind of respect is earned, then we might as well allow racism, anti-semitism, and other far-right beliefs here. But I bet you wouldn't want that now, would you?

Last edited by Battler; 2013-09-10 at 19:43.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:50
Neko

Nope I don't want that.

It's not the oub telling you, rather it's management telling you what's allowed and what not. If df wants me to mod more strictly I'd be happy to oblige. I personally prefer publevel, but it's not my call is it.
Old 2013-09-10, 19:57
Welcome to Zirla!

- Jesse: If you prefer discussing stuff on a pub level, that's your decision. My point is that, I prefer discussing stuff on a more serious level, so I'd appreciate it if people respected my decision and stopped barging into serious discussions with pub-level comments. If any of you pub-level guys want to contribute to serious discussions, feel free to do so, on a serious level.
You guys can have your pub-level discussions in your own threads if you guys so wish.

If we can't agree on that, then I will talk directly to elmuerte himself. And if I can't reach an agreement even with him, then some of us will leave and go to my own forum. I have no problems with people discussing stuff on a pub level where appropriate, but if people can't agree to keep pub-level posts out of threads where pub-level posts are not appropriate, then I (and not only I) am effectively unable to stay here.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:06
Neko

You're turning my words around. Now it looks like you are the adult and I the drunk guy screaming.
My point is that you are acting like kindergarten by crying when someone says as much as 'you're lying'. It's you who cannot hold your own when someone simply points a finger at you. If you want me to enforce that people get infracted for that, we will have succesfully established the opposite of adult discussions. In adult discussions real things are said. You don't beat around the bush.

You've been here long enough btw to know how this place works. if you really cannot handle it, then do go to your own forum. 'Nuff said.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:08
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
I do not recall this incident.
Can you provide any logs?
Old 2013-09-10, 20:32
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
You're turning my words around. Now it looks like you are the adult and I the drunk guy screaming.
My point is that you are acting like kindergarten by crying when someone says as much as 'you're lying'. It's you who cannot hold your own when someone simply points a finger at you. If you want me to enforce that people get infracted for that, we will have succesfully established the opposite of adult discussions. In adult discussions real things are said. You don't beat around the bush.
Yes, you're right.
But the problem is, the people from #lba never say a nice word to me, always just negativity. That's what my problem is. I can accept being told harsh truth when it's due - what I can't accept is being told nothing but negative things, nothing but how I'm a bad person, all the same time.

Quote:
You've been here long enough btw to know how this place works. if you really cannot handle it, then do go to your own forum. 'Nuff said.
And I just may. And I will not be the only one. It's sad that isolating ourselves like North Korea is the only solution, but if the alternative is being forced to turn my personality by 180 degrees and behave like Anakin and A_LIPSTICK, then isolation is the better alternative.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:39
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
battler you've been talking about leaving/starting rival forums more or less since the day you joined. we all know you're not really going to leave so shut up and stop whining already.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:42
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek
battler you've been talking about leaving/starting rival forums more or less since the day you joined. we all know you're not really going to leave so shut up and stop whining already.
This time, marcosmapf is with me. And possibly SpaceGuitiarist too. And even Kasia might be interested.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:49
Neko

Why would they have to say nice things about you? You don't have to become best friends with them. Just shrug, you don't need them. Theres people who don't like me either, so what?

Btw, if someone told me I lacked emotional intelligence to understand then....woah