Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-10-08, 01:05
weee

Huge terrorist attack on Sinai

A really big terrorist attak has happened about a hour ago in an Israeli hotel on Sinai.

As it seems now, there'll be over 100 victims.

This is shit.

There are still more explosions reports going on.
Old 2004-10-08, 01:46
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
WTF Sharon's politics keeps killing more people.
A disaster of course with this many deaths
Old 2004-10-08, 01:55
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Typical answer.

Sharon may or may not suck ass,

But you can't just blame Israel. I want people to finaly REALIZE how fucked up are (some of) the arab countries 'politics' which are actually encouraging it. FFS.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:01
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Fool, Sharon's politics are benefiting the arabs more than any other Israeli prime minister's policy since Rabin.
Like Fishos said, it's typical for someone to pop up and say "oh it's sharon's fault", "oh it's that idiot bush's fault again" bla bla bla.

So, NO, Sharon is doing a lot for the arabs, in fact, he's doing so much for them that there are many israeli who are calling him a "traitor" and "arab lover"

So this attack isn't because of sharon's policy, it's because the hamas are bastards. They WANT to keep the conflict going on, if there's no conflict anymore, the hamas will have no reason to exist.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:02
Hello

Of course, there are always two sides in a conflict, but the apartheid wall and such things aren't really helping, thats what I mean. It feeds the hate, just as Bush feeds the west hate in the middle east.

Apparently the Israelis knew that there was some threat, because they have warned people to go there earlier in the week. 30 killed, 114 injuried in the main attack, a few dead in the other two attacks, most of the victims are Israelis, but there are also some of other nationalities.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:07
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Fool, Sharon's politics are benefiting the arabs more than any other Israeli prime minister's policy since Rabin.
Like Fishos said, it's typical for someone to pop up and say "oh it's sharon's fault", "oh it's that idiot bush's fault again" bla bla bla.

So, NO, Sharon is doing a lot for the arabs, in fact, he's doing so much for them that there are many israeli who are calling him a "traitor" and "arab lover"

So this attack isn't because of sharon's policy, it's because the hamas are bastards. They WANT to keep the conflict going on, if there's no conflict anymore, the hamas will have no reason to exist.
I would prefer if you could leave the personal insults out.

Of course, but Hamas and other terror organizations there lives thanks to the hate amongst the uneducated people. Otherwise they wouldnt get anyone to do join in and do the attacks. The aggressive politics feeds the hate.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:09
Party animal

Yes, so far it's 3 explosions, 30 killed and 114 injured.
The Counter-Terrorism Bureau warned israelies that there is a very high chance of a terrorist attack in egypt, especially sinai. But thousans of israelies vacationed there anyway.
Not a very clever move on the palestian's part. just when the egypt-palestinian relations were becoming active. sigh.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:11
Party animal

Quote:
I would prefer if you could leave the personal insults out.
k.
Quote:
Of course, but Hamas and other terror organizations there lives thanks to the hate amongst the uneducated people. Otherwise they wouldnt get anyone to do join in and do the attacks. The aggressive politics feeds the hate.
Yes, but the hate has existed for a long time.
I don't know if they hate us less now, but they should, since we're in the middle of a complete withdrawal from the Gazaa Strip.
(if they are grateful for this withdrawal, they have a funny way of showing it ^^)
Old 2004-10-08, 02:13
Magic Ball Master

How sad.

I can't be arsed to go into the whole Israel-Palestine debate, but I'll just say that both sides are as bad as each other, and I dunno if the 'vicious circle' will ever be broken. The Palestinans bomb the Israelis, which causes the Israelis to go and kill a few Palestinians, which then triggers another terrorist attack... and the the Israeli army go into the Gaza Strip or West Bank... etc etc. Then you've got the whole America issue on the side which throws andother spanner in the works, and the whole history of the area.

Gah.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:17
Hello

Yeah, its a difficult situation, as we said before here, and as we learned before here, there is no much use to discuss this matter since it usually just leads to flamewars between axx and some western guy.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:18
Magic Ball Master

Hmmm... I've just had a look on another forum I'm a member at, and a member produced this informative post that you might find interesting:

Quote:
This is very surprising. There's no precedent for this really... Taba is extremely close to the Israeli border (as in a few hundred meters away) but it is nevertheless in Egypt.

Egypt has a very strong authoritarian government and terrorists have not been successful in doing anything there since the crackdown in 1997 after some foreign tourists were massacred while visiting ancient temples in Luxor. The only thing I can think of is maybe certain elements of their security forces were paid off to allow this. They draft all males into either police or military, and there's tons of discontent with the regime (Pres. Mubarak has been in power almost 25 years, with US approval of course), as well as obviously solidarity with Palestinians. Some of these 21 year old security officers with no prospects and strong anti-Israel feelings may have turned a blind eye to terrorists planning this, or even helped them.

Killing Israelis may not have been the only reason either. Attacks like this weaken Egypt's tourist industry and thus weaken the Mubarak regime. If it appears that people can get away with this kind of thing, his hold appears much less strong.

FYI, Ayman Al-Zawahiri (Bin Laden's #2) is Egyptian, and before he joined Al Qaeda was the head of the domestic terror group that sought to topple Mubarak and replace him with an Islamist regime. This group was largely decapitated, with mass arrests/tortures/leaders renouncing terror, after the attacks of 1997. At some point before then Zawahiri had already left Egypt and turned his focus to international actions with Bin Laden.

If this is the work of Al Qaeda rather than a Palestinian organization-- which is likely, given the sophistication with three simultaneous attacks, not just Taba but also two other nearby resorts, and the fact that it's outside Israel-- then it may be Zawahiri finally giving Mubarak some payback.

Very interesting New Yorker article about Zawahiri and the history of Islamic terrorism in Egypt and how it inspired Al Qaeda can be found here: http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?020916fa_fact2a
Old 2004-10-08, 02:20
weee

Quote:
its a difficult situation, as we said before here, and as we learned before here, there is no much use to discuss this matter since it usually just leads to flamewars between axx and some western guy.
100% agreed. The MBN had enough of this crap.
Old 2004-10-08, 02:33
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Woah, WTF

And this news caught me right after I went out of Shlomo Artzi's performance....
Old 2004-10-08, 08:11

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
*Gets a chair and pop-corn*
*Awaits for some endless philosophycal debate to ensue*
Old 2004-10-08, 08:29
Idyllic + whimsical

This is shit!

Because of that attack, they canceled Trainspotting on channel 10 and I needed to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!!!
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2004-10-08, 11:19
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K
This is shit!

Because of that attack, they canceled Trainspotting on channel 10 and I needed to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!!!
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND OR SOMETHING?!

There was a better movie on channel 22
Old 2004-10-08, 11:42
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
What surprises me is that at the same time I saw this news, there was also an attack on the Indonesian ambassade in France (30 wounds, fortunately no deaths).

I think this is more directed to the Egyptian tourist industries than to Israel. The fact that they could target Israeli's at the same time seems only like a benifit, especially considdering the Sinai has a steady flow of tourists and Soukot.

AFP (www.afp.fr) has a pretty complete item about the attack