Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2021-09-15, 20:20
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,071
Great game suggestion!!!!!!!

I am not sure why many of you here play titles like little big adventure
or beyond good & evil
y'know..
games that deal with freedom above all and overthrowing tyranny and citizen regulations all that

I have a game that's just right for y'all

lemmings

these guys might even be your kin!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alz6scd1nmwszzkjlhfd.jpg‎
Views:	182
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	10355  
__________________
Quote:
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2021-09-15, 22:28
elmuerte's Avatar
elmuerte elmuerte is offline
Master of Science & Magic
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 8,236
The Artful Escape was made for you
https://theartfulescape.com/


(I just finished it)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2021-09-15, 23:49
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
The Artful Escape was made for you
https://theartfulescape.com/

https://youtu.be/ZDj13Mz2voM

(I just finished it)
Hey!! That's really cool of you El. This game is very much the kind of game I'd play.
Thanks!!

__________________
Quote:
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2021-09-17, 05:07
CS2x's Avatar
CS2x CS2x is offline
inharmonic explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London
Posts: 1,998
“Who did it?” is an old question, but that doesn’t mean it is irrelevant. I didn’t think they’d suit either. But they’re willing to be bossed around and Stefanie has become more open to it. I think they’re both kinda bored too. I do think the next step for us is to take charge of a greater cast of actors, and we have a young bag-cat willing to participate now too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2021-09-17, 09:38
Bot13's Avatar
Bot13 Bot13 is offline
Look beyond reality.
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fortress Island.
Posts: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
“Who did it?” is an old question, but that doesn’t mean it is irrelevant. I didn’t think they’d suit either. But they’re willing to be bossed around and Stefanie has become more open to it. I think they’re both kinda bored too. I do think the next step for us is to take charge of a greater cast of actors, and we have a young bag-cat willing to participate now too. ������
Are you okay?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Did you know? Over 30 million people lurk the MBN every day. We who actually post here are like celebrities to them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2021-09-22, 02:44
CS2x's Avatar
CS2x CS2x is offline
inharmonic explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
Are you okay?
Thank you for asking. The tinnitus was raging and so I took Ambien, which seems to calm it down and allow for sleep. Unless you stay up after taking it, and so do things you barely remember the next day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2021-09-23, 15:04
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
Thank you for asking. The tinnitus was raging and so I took Ambien, which seems to calm it down and allow for sleep. Unless you stay up after taking it, and so do things you barely remember the next day.
the new qualude?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2021-09-30, 15:33
johnnybrubacker johnnybrubacker is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny Scunny, N. Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 504
Send a message via MSN to johnnybrubacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
Thank you for asking. The tinnitus was raging and so I took Ambien, which seems to calm it down and allow for sleep. Unless you stay up after taking it, and so do things you barely remember the next day.
Glad it's helping you man but zolpidem/zopiclone and the like can be addictive. Have you tried meditation? I found that the best to deal with my crippling insomnia (although that was more anxiety driven rather than physiological related like yours seems to be)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2021-10-01, 01:50
CS2x's Avatar
CS2x CS2x is offline
inharmonic explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
the new qualude?
Hah, you got me reading up on that drug (hadn't heard of it before.) This was a particularly interesting (and short) article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33428487

I think Ambien / Zolpidem is a bit less hardcore, and has less sordid connotations in my mind - but can still have pretty dramatic effects.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2021-10-01, 02:04
CS2x's Avatar
CS2x CS2x is offline
inharmonic explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybrubacker View Post
Glad it's helping you man but zolpidem/zopiclone and the like can be addictive. Have you tried meditation? I found that the best to deal with my crippling insomnia (although that was more anxiety driven rather than physiological related like yours seems to be)
Thanks for the post. I actually went through a year of very intense insomnia from 2018, before this tinnitus, so I can relate to you. I mean many nights of either zero sleep, or something ludicrous like 2 hours a night. It was crazy and awful and I don't know what brought it on, and few could relate. Weirdly the insomnia came first, and then anxiety built around the issue of sleep to an extreme degree. (It was also funny hearing people say things like, "yeah, I have sleep problems too! The other night I only managed to get six hours." I was thinking at the time, "six hours!? I would be totally overjoyed with that...")

You're right about zopiclone and zolpidem being addictive. It's a hard balance, because a certain kind of insomnia seems to beat all mind games and calming methods and tools experts tell you. And so often nights seem to be a choice between another night of no sleep, or taking a drug. You are probably right that mastering meditation of a certain variety would be a safer way to deal with it, however. I found all the standard methods (I tried them all!) and all the sleep hygiene stuff actually made me even worse in that period, and more fixated on sleep. It got better when I finally took seriously my wife's approach, and the approach one doctor said, which was truly believing this: "I am resting tonight. If sleep comes, that's a bonus. It doesn't matter if I don't sleep; I just need to remain restful. Sleep will eventually come; if not tonight or even the next night, it will still come." Of course I know sleep is important for health, but it was necessary to force myself to take away the need to sleep. Sleep "happens" and can't be performed or coerced (as I know you probably know well!)

Anyway, I got over that and started sleeping great again. Wonderful! And then tinnitus struck. LOL. And actually I could usually sleep with that initial tinnitus, until further issues happened to the ears and the tinnitus went to a severe level. And so sometimes the choice seems to be Zolpidem or diazepam or wine or whatever or no sleep, again. However, there is less anxiety than last time, because I survived a year of no sleep and didn't loose my mind, and so I know the same can happen again. Zolpidem also seems to do something to the sound of the tinnitus - it "softens" it, and I'm also very sensitive to it and get tripped out. I musn't enjoy that too much or get used to it, as you say, because that would a dangerous trip downwards. But I can't judge people who get into these spirals; many of them are terrible anxious and besieged by pain in other ways. None of us or few of us would be making these choices if we didn't have physiological or psychological happenings we didn't want and never expected to have.

Anyway, enough rambling. I don't know why I always do this on the MBN!?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2021-10-02, 02:08
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
Anyway, enough rambling. I don't know why I always do this on the MBN!?
Because this is the MBN:

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2021-10-05, 21:00
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
strange dreamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 7,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
Sleep "happens" and can't be performed or coerced (as I know you probably know well!)
Sometimes a rag of chloroform will do. ;)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2021-11-01, 21:43
johnnybrubacker johnnybrubacker is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny Scunny, N. Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 504
Send a message via MSN to johnnybrubacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x View Post
Thanks for the post. I actually went through a year of very intense insomnia from 2018, before this tinnitus, so I can relate to you. I mean many nights of either zero sleep, or something ludicrous like 2 hours a night. It was crazy and awful and I don't know what brought it on, and few could relate. Weirdly the insomnia came first, and then anxiety built around the issue of sleep to an extreme degree. (It was also funny hearing people say things like, "yeah, I have sleep problems too! The other night I only managed to get six hours." I was thinking at the time, "six hours!? I would be totally overjoyed with that...")

You're right about zopiclone and zolpidem being addictive. It's a hard balance, because a certain kind of insomnia seems to beat all mind games and calming methods and tools experts tell you. And so often nights seem to be a choice between another night of no sleep, or taking a drug. You are probably right that mastering meditation of a certain variety would be a safer way to deal with it, however. I found all the standard methods (I tried them all!) and all the sleep hygiene stuff actually made me even worse in that period, and more fixated on sleep. It got better when I finally took seriously my wife's approach, and the approach one doctor said, which was truly believing this: "I am resting tonight. If sleep comes, that's a bonus. It doesn't matter if I don't sleep; I just need to remain restful. Sleep will eventually come; if not tonight or even the next night, it will still come." Of course I know sleep is important for health, but it was necessary to force myself to take away the need to sleep. Sleep "happens" and can't be performed or coerced (as I know you probably know well!)

Anyway, I got over that and started sleeping great again. Wonderful! And then tinnitus struck. LOL. And actually I could usually sleep with that initial tinnitus, until further issues happened to the ears and the tinnitus went to a severe level. And so sometimes the choice seems to be Zolpidem or diazepam or wine or whatever or no sleep, again. However, there is less anxiety than last time, because I survived a year of no sleep and didn't loose my mind, and so I know the same can happen again. Zolpidem also seems to do something to the sound of the tinnitus - it "softens" it, and I'm also very sensitive to it and get tripped out. I musn't enjoy that too much or get used to it, as you say, because that would a dangerous trip downwards. But I can't judge people who get into these spirals; many of them are terrible anxious and besieged by pain in other ways. None of us or few of us would be making these choices if we didn't have physiological or psychological happenings we didn't want and never expected to have.

Anyway, enough rambling. I don't know why I always do this on the MBN!?
Really sorry for the awfully late reply.

Yes you're right, unless you have had crippling insomnia you can't relate to someone suffering from it. Mine started after a bad breakup (which in hindsight was a wonderful thing) and I would be suffering from horrible repetitive thoughts that wouldn't allow me to sleep. This was at the beginning of my specialisation years and when I would go into work as a zombie I'd come off as an idiot as I couldn't answer questions or think on my feet. Basically I found that insomnia destroyed my lateral thinking and creativity - don't know if you felt the same way.

I don't know how I stumbled onto meditation and then finally discovered Eckhart tolle. I found that his explanation about meditation was the best and then after doing it regularly - especially before bed, it allows me some level is sleep. Also I've started taking Cbd oil before bed recently and that kind of helps too haha.

Yes, I also agree about the vicious cycle of trying to get yourself to sleep - it's the worst! I remember trying to just lie in bed for hours not trying to move but just thinking again and again that I'll go to sleep.

For me the worst effect it's had is when I've had to go Oncall at work after a few poor night's sleep...just so frightened that I'd make a fatal mistake. However, its all been ok with no problems.

Hope you're getting better sleep again! Seriously, it's so hard to underestimate the importance of sleep. I never take good sleep for granted these days and I'm thankful when I get a decent night's rest.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Game - Why Is LBA2 So Addictive? Aaron2011 General 8 2013-03-27 22:34
Great Potential LBA3 Game Engine Logan General 2 2011-02-03 02:32
Q & A/Suggestion Box Double-J LBA Prequel 59 2007-08-18 17:03
great new game 3d 1 full level chrissy Fan Creations - General 77 2004-07-11 01:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:41.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, the Magicball Network