Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2006-07-30, 14:50
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Twinsen LBA - The Stellar Entity

OK , this is a first demo , so please try it out it is a text adventure LBA game and BE SURE TO READ the text file before entering the game I don;t want to tell you more , just play the game
Attached Files
File Type: zip LBA - The Stellar Entity.zip‎ (37.4 KB, 447 views)
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-07-31, 00:45
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
what did you make it in?
Old 2006-07-31, 00:53
Twinsunian Quetch

Text World 1.2 . Did you like it ???
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-07-31, 03:02
Do the evolution.

Gaaaaah!!!

Text game!
Must not scream...
must not...
aaaaaaaaaaaargh

* Jasiek hates text games

Pretty cool otherwise, looks like you've put a lot of effort into it.
Old 2006-07-31, 16:53
Twinsunian Quetch

thank youuu well I know they are hard to stand , but they let your imagination create worlds 1000 times better than any graphics could and here is THE FULL VERSION !!! : http://rapidshare.de/files/27667262/...ntity.zip.html
Old 2006-07-31, 17:32
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
they let your imagination create worlds 1000 times better than any graphics could
just like books do, i'd dream to read one of my fav game in novel, like lba or zelda, maybe i'll make it for zelda, anyway, offtoppic...
I must take the time and give a try to that game......
Old 2006-07-31, 22:00
Twinsunian Quetch

thanks , link , you SHOULD try it out .... I think it captures the LBA feeling superbe ...... well , it might seem so to me cause I have that picture in my head , the one I made the game after
Old 2006-08-01, 18:15
Twinsunian Quetch

are text-based games so boring ? No one will try it ???
Old 2006-08-01, 18:30
Previously Link

Few persons are taking a look at fan games, fanfics and such, espcially if they are small ones. I'll give a try later, but now i've more important stuff to do...
Old 2006-08-01, 18:36
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I looked at it, and gave up after a couple of minutes
Old 2006-08-01, 21:08
Twinsunian Quetch

and just when I was going to show the first demo of mine : LBA - The Stellar Entity Genesis , being a 2D graphical adventure . ... effort just isn't appreciated enough
Old 2006-08-06, 00:24
I lost the Game!

ooooh
i love text adventures i can't wait to play
Old 2006-08-06, 00:36
Twinsunian Quetch

WOW !!! Just when I gave up all hope Thanks ishashobar !!! u know how to revive hope
Old 2006-08-06, 00:43
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
love txt games!
will download tomorrow and see
Old 2006-08-06, 00:57
Twinsunian Quetch

thanks !!! OH , hi streggy !!! I haven't spoke with you or link cause MSN won't let me in ... will solve it these days I hope try the game guys ... it's my perfect view of all LBAs summed up in one final one , giving me peace with a final story
Old 2006-08-06, 01:01
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
even if it worked you wouldnt have talked to me cos i was in holiday
anyway, i know u did it with this text word thing, but is there anyway u can get the c source so u can port it?
just an idea :P
Old 2006-08-06, 01:09
Twinsunian Quetch

oh , just talked to the original creator of Text-World few days ago for the same matter , and nope , the source is gone ... it seems ... but he said he'll look for it
Old 2006-08-08, 15:42
Look beyond reality.

This game is pretty hard.
I guess only one out of twenty inputs actually give me a response, and one out of 100 actually do something that make me progress.
I have no clue where to find the key to get out of the house, btw. Maybe a small hint (or walkthrough )
Old 2006-08-08, 15:46
Twinsunian Quetch

well , that's cause you didn't play much text-adventures .... OK , BUT don't cheat !!! Look in the Goodies.txt and look at the commands for Twinsen's Bedroom .... JUST THAT !!! ... as soon as you'll get the hang of how things work , you won't need that text file anymore
Old 2006-08-10, 14:56
Sheepie for short

I just completed it. It's very good, apart from a few things that could be improved:

1. You can't always spell, particularly the word "symbol".
2. There needs to be a bit more flexibility in what you can type when the name of an object is ambiguous (e.g. made up of 2 words). Spoiler:
I also got stuck when trying to get out of the house because while I had tried "look on table" I didn't think to try "look on bed table". But then at the end, if you want to look at the light fountain you need to type "fountain" rather than "light fountain", which is a bit inconsistent.

3. There's an obvious lack of appreciation for Twinsun's geography and history, but I don't suppose this really matters.
4. There's a bug where Spoiler:
if you use the diamond key and then go back to the bird's nest, you can pick it up again, although it doesn't do anything the second time.

And I got stuck Spoiler:
with the "onix simbol" as I didn't think to try picking it up. A symbol isn't something you pick up normally; it's something you look at... this may have just been me being stupid though.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-08-10, 15:25
Twinsunian Quetch

well sorry about the SIMBOL ... I made it in a rush and my friend told me to use this word which in my language it is SIMBOL so I forgot to type SYMBOL ...

sorry about the fountain thing ... I will correct it .

I didn't appreciate Twinsun's geography and history cause in 20 rooms , you simply can't and I want to leave it like this , rather than putting weird stuff in the game ...

I'll check the diamond key thing

I will replace the onix symbol with an onix artifact/artefact ( it depends )

AND CONGRATULATIONS for being the first to complete my game you rock and obviously appreciate a good old text-adventure you will be put in a credits section with the ones who have completed the game and u'll be # 1
Old 2006-08-10, 16:18
Sheepie for short

Thanks . I only cheated twice...

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-08-10, 17:54
Twinsunian Quetch

:P cool man nice going
Old 2008-05-11, 14:33
Lemonhead

I know this is a 2 year old thread but I wondered if you still have the game, Quetch, and if you do could you please re-upload it to rapidshare as the file 'could not be found'. I really love text adventures and wanna play . Thanks!
The creatures arranged in a line and started to rape Twinsen in his anus, one by one.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
P.S. Forgot to mention that Twinsen's remains were fed to dogs.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
O.K., let's change the execution part. Maybe he was just beaten to death with clubs???
Old 2008-05-11, 21:45
Twinsunian Quetch

ahhh man I am so happy you wanna play the game sure, just let me find my old CDs it will take a while sorry but tomorrow I think u'll have it