Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2007-06-11, 05:52
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Vandal attack

Check the recent changes .

Looks like bots rather than real people to me, and still I wonder how they managed to register. Anyway, banned them all.
Old 2007-06-11, 10:10
Master of Science & Magic

it's a manual action, bots can do way more dammage
Old 2007-06-11, 15:35
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Yep, this is one of the disadvantages of mediawiki I guess. (in case of it was bots)

Good job kicking their ass morshem

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-06-11, 16:58
Magic Ball Master

Well, I'm glad it's this minor. For automated sign-ups and spam I suppose there should be a pc-or-human check (popular example: type over distorted text in an image) on the sign up page, or even introduce moderated signing up. But I don't think such a thing would ne necessary for now, seeing how long the Twinsunica as a wiki is around now and how little spam/vandalism we've had so far.
Old 2007-06-11, 17:15
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, I do not think it is necessary, considering the Twinsunica isn't known much around the web, as compared to many other wikis.
Old 2007-06-11, 17:17
Zebrazilla

If it were to suffer alot from vandals in the future, I guess we could implement something. But as for now, let's just leave it as it is.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2007-06-12, 14:32
Magic Ball Master

Kobold, I guess there are tricks (Google search phrases) to find any MediaWiki site, even for example inactive test installations. I suppose they're an easy way to place links all over the internet, not only to put links for naive people but also to get a higher ranking in the Google results caused by these links. So it wouldn't surprise me if someone made a nice crawler/bot specialized in any MediaWiki sites.
Old 2007-06-12, 14:55
Magic Ball Master

We had a bit of trouble at the Prequel site as well, someone put a malicious code in our header. Not too nice.

Alex fixed it up right away though, so no worries.
Old 2007-06-12, 15:01
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
We had a bit of trouble at the Prequel site as well, someone put a malicious code in our header. Not too nice.

Alex fixed it up right away though, so no worries.
Oh! I thought it was your extremely slow server that made my computer crash when viewing your site...

Can my computer got infected?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-06-12, 15:23
Magic Ball Master

I don't think so. It was a link to some retards site, and there were nasty downloads, but I don't think so. Dopey's Norton went nuts on the site saying there was a trojan, which brought it to our attention, but I know my Symantec didn't. Our PC's are clean, so I'd run a scan to be safe, but I think we averted any damage.
Old 2007-07-04, 19:40
Magic Ball Master

I just noticed another teeny weeny bit of vandalism occuring yesterday.

We've recently set up and started using MediaWiki at my work, and we made it there so only sysops can create new users. If necessary we could introduce a similar moderated user sign up for the Twinsunica.

I wasn't sure of this possibility before, or the ease of implementing it, so I just wanted to make a note of it.

See here.
Old 2007-07-15, 04:48
Magic Ball Master

I noticed quite a few number of users with random names in the User List. They don't seem to be contributing anything constructive; two recent changes are two users independently changing a "+" to a " " in two different articles. My guess is they're automated.

Time to just throw them out? Worst case is they're sleeper accounts that could massively vandalize a lot of pages simultaneously.

Perhaps time to introduce moderated user registration after that?

Update: I just installed the ConfirmEdit extension which adds a CAPTCHA to do certain actions; an example can be seen at the sign up page. Once logged in I don't get these while editing a page for example, but I'm not sure where they do and don't turn up, let me know if they get in the way anywhere. There's mentioning of them at the version page page (under 'Hooks').

Update 2: I created a list of suspicous user using a new template.

Last edited by wacko; 2007-07-15 at 05:35.
Old 2007-07-15, 11:25
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Hehe, nice. Never even noticed all these, maybe we should include registration logs in Recent Changes (I know it's possible because the Hebrew Wikipedia does that, but I don't know how to do it).