Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2015-03-03, 18:23
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- Jesse: 5-10 years. Want to keep making money? Keep composing.
Nah that makes no sense. What if after ten years it suddenly gets picked up and is making much more. It is your work after all.

Agree to disagree.
Old 2015-03-03, 22:44
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Cause you dissed us composers

Quote:
Yes it is. But that doesn't strenghten your case.

Quote:
How about just life? Seems fair to me. You die, it becomes public domain?

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2015-03-04, 01:56
Polly parrot

But... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

And if you relive the subject, why isn't this strengtening my case ? They claimed copyright of a music that was already out there ? Frankly, anyone can do this.
It's a corporation who did it ? Irrelevent, this would sound as ridiculous if it had been a single human.

And once again, why is no one but me pissed off by this x)
Old 2015-03-04, 02:16
the legend

It didn't relief it only revived this thread which, frankly, should die.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2015-03-04 at 04:46.
Old 2015-03-04, 11:04
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
But... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

And if you relive the subject, why isn't this strengtening my case ? They claimed copyright of a music that was already out there ? Frankly, anyone can do this.
It's a corporation who did it ? Irrelevent, this would sound as ridiculous if it had been a single human.

And once again, why is no one but me pissed off by this x)
Because there will always be absurd exceptions to any rule.
It doesn't make a case to just abandon copyright altogether
Old 2015-03-04, 13:20
Polly parrot

But... This is hardly an exception, here the rules have been exploited, sure, but this (the censoring) wouldn't have disturbed you if the public started singing Koncz Zsuzsa's Happy Birthday ? (hungarian singer)
Old 2015-03-04, 13:26
Neko

So lets just drop copyright?

It anything, doesnt it actually make a case for what Roy and I said? Copyright for life. Not after
Old 2015-03-04, 21:15
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Nah that makes no sense. What if after ten years it suddenly gets picked up and is making much more. It is your work after all.
Well, so? Shit happens. If I do paperwork for a company and 10 years later, while I'm no longer employed, the company suddenly becomes tremendously successful and starts making millions thanks to my paperwork, do I get to profit from that? Nope. So why should you profit from a similar situation.

But well, alright 10 to 15 years then.

Quote:
Agree to disagree.
No, I prefer haggling for the years.
Old 2015-03-04, 22:13
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Well, so? Shit happens. If I do paperwork for a company and 10 years later, while I'm no longer employed, the company suddenly becomes tremendously successful and starts making millions thanks to my paperwork, do I get to profit from that? Nope. So why should you profit from a similar situation.

But well, alright 10 to 15 years then.

No, I prefer haggling for the years.
Hahaha, yes lets drag this out :')

The difference is employment: you get jobsecurity, the artist gets no security but that small chance of scoring. Same with entrepeneurship no?
What about company ownership? How does that fit your ideal society?
Old 2015-03-05, 14:19
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
the artist gets no security but that small chance of scoring.
The artist chose to become an artist, knowing fully well what he could expect from it. Noone stood and forced him to become an artist at gunpoint.

Quote:
What about company ownership? How does that fit your ideal society?
If you mean private enterprise, then an absolute yes, but companies shouldn't be enormous. Huge companies need to be broken up. Otherwise, monopolies ensue (looking at you, Microsoft), which stifles innovation.
Old 2015-03-05, 15:40
Neko

So ok if the artist is dead poor but heaven forbid he may get rich.

nice one
Old 2015-03-05, 17:45
Welcome to Zirla!

- Jesse: In my system, noone would be dead poor, as everyone would have the right to live a dignitous life. Hence why already minimum income would be set so a person can actually live on it rather than as it is in capitalism, where it's often below the livable limit.
And of course, income increases would be provided, there would just be maximum caps set so that we don't get multi-billionaires hoarding most of the world's wealth.
Old 2015-03-05, 19:41
Neko

Right, but that would probably count for company ownership as well then.