Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-08-10, 01:06
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Twinsen LBA Brick Layout Library Editor

LBA Brick Layout Library Editor version 0.01 Beta
=================================================

Current features:
- Both LBA 1 and LBA 2 brick layout libraries;
- Copying/removing items and changing item positions (in library); copying means from Library 1 (read-only) to Library 2 (library to edit);
- A legend;
- 2 different item classification methods for LBA 2.

Things to do:
- Saving the settings into an .INI file;
- Operations with .HQR files;
- Editing sound/floor type of a block of a layout (Library 2).

How this program works
----------------------
You have to load two libraries. Library 1 is the source library, which is the one you take the items from, and you will probably load various libraries as source library during the modification of a BLL. Library 2 is the library, that you're editing, thus all operations modify this library.

The operations are:
- Add: copies the selected layout from Library 1 to the position of the selected layout in Library 2;
- Remove: removes the selected layout from Library 2;
- Move up: moves the selected layout up in Library 2;
- Move down: moves the selected layout down in Library 2.

If you want to better understand, what icon means what type of item, choose "Show Legend" under "Options". When you're finish editing, save the library.

Credits
-------
Me (OBrasilo): for starting the program and general coding.
George (kargeor): for huge coding help.
Kazimierz Król (Zink): compression and decompression routines, and documenting the BLL file format as well.

Links
-----
The program: http://www.obrasilero.com/BLLEdit.zip.
The source code: http://www.obrasilero.com/BLLEdit-source.zip.

I hope you'll find the program useful.

- ChaosFish: Please add this program to the Quick Start sticky thread.
Old 2005-08-10, 13:42
weee

Well done Obras!
This is a very useful tool. Thanks!

Found a tiny little bug: When you File -> Open and then click Cancel, the program crashed.

But overally it's great!
Old 2005-08-10, 13:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- ChaosFish: Thanks.

Yeah, later I found that same bug myself. I'll release a new version later today.
Old 2005-08-10, 16:54
Magic Ball Master

Great work indeed. It still yet dificult to change libraries and the program sometimes crashes but its a nice thing to start and I know it will be improved later.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-08-10, 18:47
Fruto di tutti frutti

Good work.

But instead of putting this "classify" thing (which is useless IMHO), you could put these little images for sounds and for floor types (different of course), just for information.

I can give you my code I wrote to arange layouts on the screen, so that very little of free space is visible (screenshot attached). You could use it to display layouts from both libraries so we could drag & drop them (there could be a problem with indexing, because layouts are not arranged in the order they are in libraries). Or just display a list with layouts resized to the same sizes (about 40x30, or some).

Anyway, bug report:
- When I open a library from LBA 2, the "classify by floor number (LBA 2 only)" is still inactive.
- When I open a first library from LBA 2, and a second from LBA 1, the program doesn't ask me if it is from LBA 1 or 2, so when I then open first library from LBA 1, the program thinks, that both libs are from LBA 2 and they are in fact form LBA 1.
- "walking over water" sound for LBA 1 (I wrote in specification that it sounded like walking over water) is in fact sound of a sailing boat.

With the sound and floor naming, wait until I release updated version of *.bll files specification.
And I am going to split the *.bll extension into *.bl1 and *.bl2, for LBA 1 and 2, because they have identical formats, but some parts of data have different meaning and there is no way to distinguish one from another.

EDIT: forgot to attach the screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg‎
Views:	228
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	4923  

Last edited by Zink; 2005-08-10 at 19:12.
Old 2005-08-11, 16:26
Welcome to Zirla!

OK, here's a screenshot of the program in its current state. I successfully made it display the layouts, now I only have to make this thing a list box.

The screenshot (also attached):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blledit.jpg‎
Views:	345
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	4925  
Old 2005-08-11, 22:08
Magic Ball Master

Nice improvement

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-11-20, 21:16
Welcome to Zirla!

I just wanted to say that I already started the process of converting this program from Visual Basic to Delphi, which will increase its spead and add more possibilities for various stuff to be added to it.

Special thanks go to Zink for helping me greatly with the conversion process since he explained (and will explain me more) many things.

So as soon as the program is converted to Delphi and the layouts display etc. finished, I'll release version 1.0.0 final.