Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2002-03-10, 23:43
God of Dialup

generating jpeg previews

i installed this preview version of some adobe thing, and it made all .jpg files open with the stupid adobe thing, which takes a lot longer than opening it with internet explorer. so i uninstalled the thing so it gave me the option to choose what i wanted to open it with, so i chose the internet explorer thing. so then it made the icon for .jpg files the internet explorer thing. after awhile i figured out how to give it its original icon, but now when you click on a .jpg file, it doesn't give you the preview on the left hand side that it normally gives when you view the folder as a web page, and that makes it really hard to figure out what you're looking at, since a lot of my pictures have names like epone1, epone2, epone3, blah blah blah blah blah up to like 70 something, so i have no clue what it is until i open the thing, and that takes extra time, and it's annoying!

does anybody know how to make that little preview of the picture come up on the left hand side when the folder is viewed as a web page?
Old 2002-03-11, 08:17
Lauren...

You can go to Start menu--->settings--->mapoptions and there are settings for the folders.

(don't know the exact name in English, because I have the Dutch version)

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2002-03-11, 15:54
Old , grey and Uncle

Send a message via ICQ to Fromsej
Send me your E-mail , I might be able to help.
[email address]
Let it be.
"Beatles"
Old 2002-03-11, 17:39
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Shift Left click>>open with>>
Select the defult app, and tick "allways open with this".
Click ok.
Old 2002-03-12, 05:08
God of Dialup

yeah, i've been in folder options alot to try and figure it out, but almost anything i do doesn't work. if anything i've screwed up stuff in there more...

Darkflame, i don't have a problem with it opening in internet explorer, i know how to do that, my first problem was with getting the original icon back, which i fixed, and my problem right now is getting the little preview of .jpg images to show up on the left...
Old 2002-03-12, 09:13
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
The icon should change when the programe assigned changes, It shouldn't be a seperate thing.
I don't know about the previews, but I imagine its because the system isn't reconsising them as image files.
Old 2002-03-12, 21:50
God of Dialup

yeah that makes sense, but JPEG files are.... JPEG Files, not JPEG Images. .jpe is an image and so is... uh.... .jp-somethin', and those still work... so maybe that is the problem...

but that doesn't make sense because it was called a JPEG File, not JPEG Image before the whole thing started...

about the icon changing when the program assigned to open it changes, when you open a JPEG File (at least on my computer) it used to open it with internet explorer, but the icon wasn't of internet explorer, it's that weird paint brush thing and the window... or whatever. when i uninstalled that tryout version of the adobe thing, it left the program to open .jpg files blank with that little windows flag thing, so i assigned internet explorer to open it like it used to be, but that made the icon an internet explorer icon, which i (for some reason) thought was annoying because it wasn't that way it was before, so i figured out how to get the icon back to its original appearance without changing the program thing that opens it.

well i'm not sure if that made sense, but as of now i dont' have a problem with getting it to open with the right program and getting the icon back to normal -- i fixed that.

now i need to figure out how to make the preview... i'll play around with your idea that it has to do with it not recognizing files with the extension .jpg as images....

*criez!*
Old 2002-03-12, 22:53
Classic

Well, i'm sorry but I don't know.
I tend to use PSP's "Browse Folder" button to view images. (Or Quickview)