Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-08-14, 23:24
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Lightbulb LBA Scene Manager

Dear folks,

your waiting has come to an end... the LBA 1/2 LSC (scene) editor 1.00 beta is here. You have it attached; but not only that, but also the source code. I hope you'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

It can (for now) only edit actor/sprite data, for zones and the rest, you'll have to wait (I have to decipher, how they are saved into LBA 2 scene files first), but it has a working Save As feature, and also an option to auto-detect scene type (LBA 1 or LBA 2; I don't recommend using it, since it does not always detect files correctly).

Sorry for the delay (1 day), but the servers here are not currently perfectly working (the speed is 31.2 kbps, although it works as on a 7.8 kbps ), so thanks for your understanding.

BTW: ChaosFish, please add it to the sticky thread (the one with the programs list), OK?

Yours sincerely,
O_Brasileiro.
Old 2004-08-15, 00:15
Magic Ball Master

Ok I'll add your program in the Quick Start thread

Bug Report:
  • Overflow error in the Z coordinates.
  • Bonus Type scroll increase the Rotation Speed label.
  • Bonus Quantity scroll increase the Rotation Speed label.
  • "Invalid property value" error when change the actor.

Edited:
. Program added in the Quick Start thread.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website

Last edited by xesf; 2004-08-15 at 00:26.
Old 2004-08-15, 19:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Arrow Reply to alexfont...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
Ok I'll add your program in the Quick Start thread

Bug Report:
  • Bonus Type scroll increase the Rotation Speed label.
  • Bonus Quantity scroll increase the Rotation Speed label.
  • "Invalid property value" error when change the actor.
Edited:
. Program added in the Quick Start thread.
- alexfont: thanks for the bug report; I just fixed those last bugs.

So I attach with this file the LBA 1/2 LSC Editor 1.02 beta, which fixes the bugs, reported by alexfont, and also other bugs, found by me. Also, it now detects the bonus type, and displays it (a new label was added). However, I'm waiting (of course) for more bug reports.

BTW: The servers work OK today.

- alexfont: edit the link in the Quick Start sticky thread, so that it specifies this new version of the program. OK?

Last edited by Battler; 2004-08-15 at 19:49. Reason: Forgot some lines...
Old 2004-08-15, 21:26
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Bug Report:
This error is there yet.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2004-08-15, 21:29
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: can you specify exactly, in which file some actors cause this error? Otherwise, I can't fix it.
Old 2004-08-15, 21:37
Magic Ball Master

It happens all actors.

Btw, you're getting wrong the sprite index. In the first scene file (Prison) the first sprite is the Plataform and have the entrie #26. In your program you have #0. The #26 are in the Animation Entity.

Old 2004-08-15, 21:48
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
It happens all actors.

Btw, you're getting wrong the sprite index. In the first scene file (Prison) the first sprite is the Plataform and have the entrie #26. In your program you have #0. The #26 are in the Animation Entity.
1. The Z-problem was caused by the incorrectly corrected hsZ_Change and hsZ_Scroll procedures (initially, I did the number conversion wrongly, then corrected it; in those two procedures incorrectly). This has been fixed now.

2. The wrong sprite index was for LBA 1/Relentless only. This has been fixed now too (changed the offsets).

And, also change the Quick Start sticky thread, so that it links to this new version of the program.

And, I also express my extreme gratitude to you for testing the program. More bug reports are welcome.

So, now I attach the version 1.06 beta (the prorgram now also has a real about dialog, now a form, before, it was a MessageBox).

Last edited by Battler; 2004-08-15 at 21:50. Reason: Forgot some lines...
Old 2004-08-15, 21:55
Magic Ball Master

The thread was updated.
Btw, you're getting to few actors. The first scene have 22 actor without Twinsen you're getting 13.

Old 2004-08-15, 22:15
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: could you tell me, please, how to check, if I found a sprite/actor thing? Because the current check doesn't find all of the 23 actors.
Old 2004-08-15, 22:20
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
what the program does?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2004-08-15, 22:25
Welcome to Zirla!

- Lightwing: my program does exactly, what alexfont's LBA Scene Editor does: edits the entries, that are stored in the LBA 1's or LBA 2's SCENE.HQR file.
Old 2004-08-15, 22:40
Magic Ball Master

Like I put in the LBA Scene Format:

You need to get the staticValue for each Actor. Then if(staticValue & 0x400) is a Sprite Actor, Else is an Actor.

Old 2004-08-15, 22:49
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: 1. explain me the above for Basic (or at least for Pascal), not for C.
2. before this sprite/actor check, how do you determine, whether it is a sprite/actor data, and not a zone, flag, etc.
Old 2004-08-15, 23:05
Magic Ball Master

if(staticValue & 0x400) Don't know in other languages but I think it's similar.

This is a bit check.
0x400 -> 0100 0000 0000. It will test the 11 bit.
It's an AND ( & ) operation with the staticValue.

For example:
If you have 0x7 & 0x4 == 0x4 because 0111 & 0100 == 0100.

Edited:
If you didn't get that, try to find over the internet something about bit fields

Old 2004-08-15, 23:13
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: I got this now. But, how do you determine, which kind of data it is: e.g. how do you know, that it's not a zone or a flag? Can you explain this to me?
Old 2004-08-15, 23:20
Magic Ball Master

Oh sorry, I forgot that.

This is a different thing. In the file you first open the Sprites/Actors then some offsets next the Zones and some offsets next the Flags.

------------------------[ format ]-----------------------

u16 = unsigned short (16bit)
s16 = signed short (16bit)
byte (8bit)

+ = to add in the previous value
* = unknown
'+=' = to add the previous saved value
'=' = previous value (don't add nothing)

//----------------------------------------

+1 byte Talk Color
+1 byte Armour
+1 byte Life Point
+1 u16 // This value will be needed to add when the next '+=' was request
+2 u16 Actor Move Script
+= u16 // Add the saved value - // This value will be needed to add when the next '+=' was request
+2 u16 Actor Script
+= // Add the saved value
[ / Actors Cycle ] // End cycle

// get the last value in the actors cycle. This value is the number of Zones that exist in the cube.

= u16 Number of Zones
+2

[ Zones ] // make a cycle: start with 0 and increase till the value < Number of Zones
= u16 Bottom Left - X Coordinates
+2 u16 Bottom Left - Z Coordinates
+2 u16 Bottom Left - Y Coordinates
+2 u16 Top Right - X Coordinates
+2 u16 Top Right - Z Coordinates
+2 u16 Top Right - Y Coordinates
+2 u16 Zone type (ººº)
+2 u16 *
+2 u16 *
+2 u16 *
+2 u16 *
+2
[ / Zones] // End cycle

= u16 Number of Flags
+2

[ Flags ] // make a cycle: start with 0 and increase till the value < Number of Flags
= u16 X Coordinates
+2 u16 Z Coordinates
+2 u16 Y Coordinates
+2
[ / Flags ] // End cycle

Old 2004-08-15, 23:23
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: my question is: which bytes do caracterize the beginning of an actor or sprite data. Apparently they are 23h 00h, but not only that. What else can caracterize an actor/sprite?
Old 2004-08-15, 23:45
Magic Ball Master

I don't get the actors with that.

What you first need to get is the Maximum number of actors that exist in the scene. Note that this number include twinsen.

To get this number you need to: (hope I made it right)
. Go to the offset 2Dh and save this value.
. Now add 2h in the offset.
. Now add the previous save value in the offset.
. Save again the value in this new offset.
. Now add 2h in the offset
. Now add the previous save value in the offset.
This last one will have the total number of actors ( for example 23 in the 1st scene ).

Then:

. Add 2h in the offset.

Then you need to make a cycle to obtain the Actor values. // actorvalues - 1 ( without twinsen )

. Same as last offset. // staticValue
. Add 2h in the offset. // Entity Number (FILE3D.HQR entrie)
. Add 2h in the offset. // Body - Entity Instance
. Add 1h in the offset. // Animation - Entity Instance
. Add 1h in the offset. // Sprites index (SPRITE.HQR entrie)
. Add 2h in the offset. // X Coordinates
. Add 2h in the offset. // Z Coordinates
. Add 2h in the offset. // Y Coordinates
. Add 2h in the offset. // Hit Force
. Add 1h in the offset. // Bonus type (ºº)
. Add 2h in the offset. // Character Angle
. Add 2h in the offset. // Rotation Speed
. Add 2h in the offset. // Behavior
. Add 2h in the offset. // Crop Left
. Add 2h in the offset. // Crop Top
. Add 2h in the offset. // Crop Right
. Add 2h in the offset. // Crop Bottom
. Add 2h in the offset. // Bonus Amount
. Add 1h in the offset. // Talk Color
. Add 1h in the offset. // Armour
. Add 1h in the offset. // Life Point
. Add 1h in the offset and save this value.
. Add 2h in the offset
. Add the saved value in the offset.
. Add 2h in the offset.
. Add the saved value in the offset. // in the last cycle this will be the number of total zones.

// end of cycle.

Old 2004-08-15, 23:56
Welcome to Zirla!

Well... got it now. Thanks, alexfont. Without your help, my program would still be at a 1.00 beta state. Thanks again.

EDIT: I tested, what you wrote here (transformed it into code), and everything works correctly (for LBA 1/Relentless). Tomorrow, I'm going to test, if this also works for LBA 2/TO.

EDIT 2: Now, here I attach the newest version of this program. It's the LBA 1/2 LSC Editor 1.10 beta. Alexfont please update the Quick Start sticky thread. OK?

Last edited by Battler; 2004-08-16 at 02:09. Reason: Tested alexfont's specification...
Old 2004-08-16, 19:49
Welcome to Zirla!

Alexfont, please update the Quick Start sticky thread, so that it specifies version 1.10 beta of the program. OK?
Old 2004-08-16, 19:52
Magic Ball Master

You don't need to alert always about that. I'll update the thread always I saw some modifications, so please don't make such post, OK?

Old 2004-08-16, 20:04
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
You don't need to alert always about that. I'll update the thread always I saw some modifications, so please don't make such post, OK?
OK, I won't make such posts anymore. OK?
Old 2004-08-17, 01:34
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: you didn't update the Quick Start sticky thread. Please update it, OK?
Old 2004-08-17, 12:43
Magic Ball Master

Errr....

Edited:
Btw, why you don't upload the files in your site server? In that way I don't need always to change the downloaded url for your program. Just need to put the updated text.

Last edited by xesf; 2004-08-17 at 18:38.
Old 2004-08-17, 20:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Errr....

Edited:
Btw, why you don't upload the files in your site server? In that way I don't need always to change the downloaded url for your program. Just need to put the updated text.
There you go. Now I put it onto my server. Here are the links:
LBA 1/2 LSC Editor version 1.10 beta
LBA 1/2 LSC Editor version 1.10 beta source.

BTW: Don't know why, but ProHosting links those files to download pages, so you must click the link on the page, that will be opened, in order to download the file(s).

Better now?

Last edited by Battler; 2004-08-17 at 20:15. Reason: Forgot an explanation...