Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > SpeedRunning > LBA1 Speedrunning
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA1 Speedrunning Just how fast can LBA1 be done?

Old 2018-04-01, 04:10
lba 4 life

bulldozer skip found!

Dear MBN friends, it's with great pleasure that I announce that Bulldozer ( boulder) skip has been found!

What am I talking about? We found a way to skip the long scene towards the end of LBA 1 where Twinsen drives a Bulldozer through the building site and then clears the road of 3 large boulders before going to face Funfrock

In itself the skip alows over 2minutes to be saved. But Bulldozer skip is much more than that.

For some of us, it has been a dream, a crazy idea, an unattainable goal, the holy grail of LBA 1 gaming. Ever since the game came out in 1994 people have been theorizing and attempting all kinds of feats to get through those 3 big boulders. It has obsessed some of us, me included. Alas, no way was ever found during the last 24 long years and it seemed no one would ever get passed those 3 boulders. It would remain a mere fantasy in the brains and hearts of foolish dreamers.

Then something amazing happened. A speedrunner named Kuky discovered that in LBA 2 it was possible to clip through certain doors by jumping towards them and opening the holomap at the same time. Shortly after that Doc Paisley tried to do the same in LBA 1; the glitch worked but only in slopes.
Then has we were trying desperatly to get the skip, Freeman suggested that we tried to jump directly on the boulders that block the road; he had analyzed with LBA architect that one of the boulders had a hit box.

Then as I was playing on this 31 of march the unthinkable happened: after attempting to jump and open the holomap towards the 3 boulders, Twinsen teleported on the other side: bulldozer skip was real.

I can't describe the joy I felt at that moment, the joy that WE felt. It was like if our wildest fantasy, our boldest dream had been realised ....this shows the power of friendship. It shows that you should always believe in your dreams. You should always believe in your ideas and keep faith that one day they will come true no matter the odds. It shows that when people come together they can achieve anything in life no matter the size off the boulders in their way. Please forgive what could look like an overraction but this meant so much for me.
I can't help but to think that somewhere Darkflame is looking at this with a grin on his face. 24 years later and our beloved game still gifts us with joy, emotions and surprises. What an amazing game!!

Big shoutout to Amnesti( Mevx), Freeman (Gravel22); Doc paisley( Serializer) and Zebrazilla ( Homeless) and the entire LBA community. love you guys!!

link to the video of the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245262707
Old 2018-04-02, 01:02
Polly parrot

(Skip itself is from 57:00)

Whoah, nice ! Just checked the video, nice seeing all the joy on your face and in the chat
Old 2018-04-20, 04:00
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Nice message kash. It pretty sums it all. VERY exciting moment! And yes after that I was like everything can work now! We search port astronomer skip and guitar skip!! Great stream!
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2018-04-25, 14:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
I now wonder if it's possible to just somehow kill the boulders with the magic ball, or with the sword.
Old 2018-05-03, 17:16
meee39

I wonder when we will discover the pipe trick?
Old 2018-05-03, 20:18
Polly parrot