Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2009-01-24, 01:30
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Smallvilles8epp12 - Ok, I must admit the Spoiler:
wifi eyes/feedback
idea was really cool. The main plotline dragged, as normal, however.
Old 2009-01-24, 05:13
!!!!!

You people know nothing. How dare you criticize Lost. These two episodes were without doubt the best episodes EVER, which amazingly, goes for every single Lost episode. Even in season 5, each episode is the best Lost episode so far. That was fucking. Amazing.

Seriously, I can tell you know nothing because no one has the ability to fully comprehend a Lost episode right after watching it, enough to criticize it.

Spoiler:
Wtf, Darkflame was entirely right in his prediction. How in the hell.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:37
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Rottentrolls s3epp6 - "Do you want a dustbin? I made 16 this morning trying to reconcil the Israeli's and Palestinians" - Trucklecrag (useless magician)
Old 2009-01-24, 20:50
Father of Shoda

I love Lost but right now it just feels like they keep filling the toilet with shit without flushing..

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2009-01-24, 22:03
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Saw the first two Lost episodes, they weren't that great. Dunno, I guess I'm just used to be at an OMGWTF mood after each episode, and it didn't happen now.

and btw, it does air in Israel now, just a couple of days after USA
Old 2009-01-24, 23:32
!!!!!

You two just didn't get it.
Old 2009-01-26, 10:52
Classic

Rottentrolls s3epp7,8,9 - This is genius. I love the olympic sports. "Cross Country Snocker" , "Downhill Badminton"
This should have been the next simpsons. Stupid tv schedralers.
Old 2009-01-26, 15:43
Classic

Lost s5epp1/2 - Superb. Very well done, with so many plotthreads coming together. Even minor pieces from previous seasons dont seem to have been forgotten about at all. Like a beutifall jigsaw.

The Spoiler:
Island time jumps
actualy seems a bit like a Stargate eppisode, oddly enough. Allthough Spoiler:
that was a location constantly jumping in space as a defense mechcanism, not jumps in time

Predictions -
Spoiler:

1. Ok, Niel is sooooooo going to die. He will probably end up being a corpse we saw in the cave back in s1.

2. Its possible, purhapes not likely, but possible, that the timejump happened at that specific moment precisely because Locke had to be alive.

3. Blackrock crashed on the island due to an earlier movement of the island in space time. Now, the weird thing is, that on this episodes the people were jumping in time, not the island.
But the island clearly also moved too.
So, in theory, it appeared under a ship....instant shipwreck in the middle of an island. Now, if the timejumps happened before (Ben also, after all, knew at least what the wheel could do), then that indicates the possibility that...
.. Rousseau came from the Black Rock, the Black rocks wheel is whats used by (presumably the statue builders) to control the exotic mater time-wheel thingy. Oh, and at some point they probably used a polar bear to pull the wheel about
(that way they could turn it without anyone leaving the island!)

Ok, and heres my rather extremely far-out, but just about possible dramatic twist -
Spoiler:
Maybe they go back in time so far they become the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Spoiler:
Wtf, Darkflame was entirely right in his prediction. How in the hell.
Not quite.
I didnt predict the Spoiler:
Continious jumping

I thought it would be just like Spoiler:
a one off switch, a bit like the doorway in Howls moving castle.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:07

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
Spoiler:
Maybe they go back in time so far they become the others?
I never understood that sort of thing. If a group of people is responsible for sending the heroes back in time, why would the heroes then become that group? The thing wouldn't make sense. Especially because they already established the "you can't change time rule."
Old 2009-01-26, 19:30
Classic

Spoiler:
Its what I like to think of as a "positive" paradox.
That is, something that cause's itself to happen.
Rather then something that cause's itself not to happen.

Thing is, positive paradoxs are actualy possible. Or, at least "more possible", As long as the event could have happened another way anyway.

eg. Classic example;
If I can invent a time machine on my own (without help), I can then send the plans back in time to myself to invent it. Its not really a paradox, because theres no actual contradiction. It could have happened anyway.

In Lost's case, all there needs to be is the potential for them to have traveled back in time somehow without the others being there. As long as that could have happened, then the fact they become the others (or rather, their ancestors), and thus caused them to go back a different way becomes possible.

Ah, but as you say, Lost has the "you can't change time rule", so even that potential "first change" wouldnt be possible under the shows cannon. True.
But, in cannon, theres nothing to say things can't cause themselfs either.
It merely means that, according to the show, the structure of time is fixed with that little loop in place to start with.
That is, the flow of time dosnt exist at all. It dosnt need a "previous timeline" to exist, its just a 4D structure with out consciousness going along little paths in it.

This isnt a good explanation for (real) physics, because its a bit of a "just because.." answer, and thus not very elgant.
But for a show dealing so much with fate and distiny, it might not be so far out of place.

Of course, its still a long show.
They got enough ground to cover already :P

And not for something completely different;

Spectular Spiderman s2epp1/2 - Still pretty fun. Loving the funky themetune.
Old 2009-01-26, 20:23
!!!!!

(Lost) Need I remind you that Spoiler:
The rules are changeable in Lost. But it takes only something that is "uniquely and miraculously special" to change them. Desmond did change the timeline a couple of times when he saved Charlie. Although the timeline did course-correct itself so that other things that were supposed to happen would happen, Desmond did change a little of it (moving Charlie's death from one spot in time to another is changing the timeline).
Old 2009-01-26, 20:25
!!!!!

Btw WACKS!!!, Did you watch those episodes on the big screen?
Old 2009-01-27, 08:12
Magic Ball Master

yes we snuck in a lecture room at the end of the day after classes, ordered pizza and watched Lost on the projector. It was nice
Old 2009-01-27, 22:07
Classic

Buffy season2 - Meh, pretty bad. For some reason this season is looked upto (apperently), but for me s1 had much smarter, more witty scripts.
Too much angst here, especialy the first epp.
Still, there was highpoints. Specificaly any scene involveing Spike or Drusilla.
Drusilla is particular fun bad girl.

Buffy s3 epp1/2 - Meh, still too much angst, but there was some quite funny/unexpected scenes too.

Rottentrolls - Still bloody funny.

Kyle XY - s3epp3 - Terrible, predictable, utter rubbish.

Earl s4epp15 - That was a good one, loved the last 5 minutes.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2009-01-28 at 20:47.
Old 2009-01-28, 23:52
!!!!!

Kyle XY 3x03 - Wonderful, delightful, utter awesomeness.
Spoiler:
Jessi moves in with the Triggers, Jessi naked in the shower, Kyle and Amanda finally break up, Jessi naked in the shower... The only way this episode could be better is if Amanda's head would have exploded like that bulb Dr. Arzt style.

It's was a feel-good episode, and it was awesome.
Old 2009-01-29, 02:51
Classic

You gota be kidding. Your taste isnt that bad.
I mean, seriously, in summery its the worst plotline ever;
Spoiler:
Kyle has to kiss someone to fix something in their brain, only he has to practice on the girl his girlfriend is suspecious of first. With the door unlocked. After being interupted once already. I mean, for frells sake.

and no Spoiler:
two seconds of Jessi's back on half the screen dosnt make up for it
and, extra bad, Spoiler:
Andy is away

--
Jack Buers Action Hour Day7:Epp5 - Actualy, pretty darn tension-er-ific. The McGuffin this season is redicolous, of course, but the secondary plotline involving the murder is very strong.
Old 2009-01-29, 11:29
!!!!!

(Kyle XY) Well yeah the plot was silly, but for some reason I still liked this episode. Spoiler:
It wasn't Jessi's back, I guess I just felt so much ehm.. empathy for Kyle to almost see what he was seeing. Yep.
Old 2009-01-29, 16:09
Classic

Buffy s3epp8 - Now that was utterly brillent. After some very poor eppisodes elsewhere this season (like epp7), this was pure quality.
Spike + Drunk = Pure Win.
Especialy Spoiler:
When we wakes up with his hand on fire
Old 2009-01-30, 16:08
Classic

My Name Is Earl s4epp16 - Brillent. Utterly Brillent. How they keep the quality this high I have no idea. I love the ongoing story of Darnell (or, rather "Harry Monroe") being in the witness protection program.
Old 2009-01-30, 16:10
!!!!!

Cool, I'm gonna have to do an Earl marathon sometime to catch up.
Old 2009-01-30, 16:27
!!!!!

By the way,
Fringe 1x12 - Looks like whoever wrote this episode played Gex.
Old 2009-01-30, 16:48
Look beyond reality.

Lost s05e03. Best episode this season. Still bored so here's a synopsis:

Spoiler:
It all starts in some kind of foreign country with Desmond searching for a doctor. We think this is some kind of island-thing, but Penny is about to give birth to Charlie, their son.
Next shot: they're sitting on the boat watching out on Great Britain. It's about 3 years later judging on the age of Charlie. Desmond got the 'memory' so he needs to find Faradays mom there. She's not there so he asks Widmore where she is, and he tells him to go back to the USA.

Back on the island; redhead is getting worse. I don't know what's happening but I think it has to do with her being born on the island. Maybe she shouldn't be able to see her 'past'-self on the island? That's weird though because she wasn't even born in the '50's.. we think..

They're getting captured by Richard Alpert. They need to dismantle a 'jughead' bomb, probably at a location of one of the future Hatches.
This bomb actually existed, by the way.

When one of Richards guys escapes, Locke does not shoot him, because he says he's one of his people. I'm not sure why this is. Alpert goes back to visit young-locke because old-locke told him so. It's all quite a bit of a paradox.

Desmond knocks at a door looking for Spencer, an acquaintance of Faraday. She suffers from 'dementia' but I guess we all know she suffers from the same thing that struck Desmond and the communications-guy at the freighter: she doesn't have a constant so she's stuck in times.
Widmore financed everything of course, because he's the only one that knows investing in time-travel science isn't a dead end, and he wants to get to the island.

Back at the island, Juliet is acting stranger than ever. She seems to know quite a lot of what's going on. Why didn't she tell Jack when they were so close? And why should she even know ANYTHING? She was just a doctor, and a new one as well.

Faraday is being led to the camp by someone I suspect being his mother. She talks with her jaws closed - she should date Sawyer.

Locke sits down and talks to Richard Alpert. It's funny how he is explaining him what he was explained by Richard earlier. Well... 'earlier'. Time is relative, just like Faraday told us a hundred times before.

Can't wait for the next ep!
Old 2009-01-30, 16:53
!!!!!

Thank god you used the spoiler tag, I'm just about to watch it.

[edit]
By the way for those who still use torrents to get shows, renegadearmy.net has some interesting links.
Old 2009-01-30, 18:18
Classic

Fringe 12 - Umm...so why wasnt the kid effected? This better be explained later.
Old 2009-01-30, 21:18
!!!!!

Lost 5x03 - Great synopsis bot!
Spoiler:
You have some interesting points there that I haven't thought of. I guess Elli is Dan's mother, it does make sense. And he did say (when she asked if he loved the girl she reminded him of) "oh it's nothing like that, believe me". And good point about Charlotte being born in the island.

How's that for a paradox - if the compass Richard gave Locke to give Richard was given to him by Locke. argh1!!

Yeah I hope they won't kill Charlotte. On the other hand it would probably result in Dan being more tough and less wimpy, so I can see it happening for his character development... bummer.

[Edit] Btw Bot (still Lost): Spoiler:
If Elli would date Sawyer it could mean Dan is Sawyer's son

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2009-01-30 at 21:52.

Tags
series, shows, television