Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2006-02-13, 14:18
Happy!

Send a message via MSN to Bender
LBA sequel# 9999, this will get Finished.

Greetings and Salutations
Hey, some of your may know me, well i've told a few ppl about this project already "quite a time ago", well I am studying Games Programing, and I really want 2 create a proper sequel to LBA, one that will stand up to its name.
Right Now i am about 60% complete of writing the engine, the game will offer state of the art graffics, phsyics, sound and cutscenes.
When this engine is compelte it will be ready to create the LBA sequel, the engine should be done in a few months, I really am looking forward to working on this project and it will 100% get finished.
well, u can check my site out in my sig and see the type of games and screens i am making/ have made.
I will add a page for the game on the site tommorow.
Well i thought id annouce this project now as the engines comming along nicely.

well cherio for now.

Last edited by Bender; 2006-02-13 at 16:39.
Old 2006-02-13, 14:45
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
really looking forward to it
Old 2006-02-13, 16:29
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Beautiful... We will expect the best of you.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2006-02-13, 17:06
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Cool work, but I really strongly recomend not calling it LBA3.

We have a shot at a *real* LBA3 at the moment, so we dont want any fan project causing confusion.
Old 2006-02-13, 17:20
weee

--> Fan Games

Well, good luck. Let's wait and see what you're up to
Old 2006-02-13, 19:24
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
As I said before , If Bender , Bot13 , Thehen , Link , me , Jasiek and others working on fan games WOULD FINALLY JOIN UP in a team , the game would be done within months ... let's hope that once your engine is ready and people will see it's true value , they will start realising that this is the best possible idea
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-02-13, 19:52
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
As I said before , If Bender , Bot13 , Thehen , Link , me , Jasiek and others working on fan games WOULD FINALLY JOIN UP in a team , the game would be done within months ... let's hope that once your engine is ready and people will see it's true value , they will start realising that this is the best possible idea
Amen! Stop being so selfish you fan-game creators :P.
Old 2006-02-13, 20:43
weee

I think it's ok that there is more than 1 fan game. Anyway they should join and make 1 game only if they feel like it. After all it's meant for fun, not profit
Old 2006-02-13, 20:49
Twinsunian Quetch

I don't even want TO THINK about taking money from LBA fan games . I was only suggesting to make a big capable team . And if the Fan games will be made for fun , they will remain only unfinished projects .. To express myself better , yes they should be done FOR fun , but not IN fun , if you know what I mean
P.S. : Bender , on your site , the download link for 3D Pacman is broken ... could you give me the right one ?
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-02-13, 20:58
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
To express myself better , yes they should be done FOR fun , but not IN fun , if you know what I mean
Obviously it should be a combination of both.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:32
I lost the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
Cool work, but I really strongly recomend not calling it LBA3.

We have a shot at a *real* LBA3 at the moment, so we dont want any fan project causing confusion.
*looks in quetch's sig*
Old 2006-02-13, 21:39
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
I already told him that once
Old 2006-02-13, 22:26
Twinsunian Quetch

sorry ... I'll change it now
Old 2006-02-14, 03:35
Happy!

lol, thankz 4 ur replys, yeah it would prob be a real good idea if we all work 2gether to create this game, as when the engines done, there is still alot of work to be done, ie story, models and sounds, so the more people aboard the better .
p.s Darkflame, yeah i wasnt too sure what to call the fan game, so i just put lBA 3...lol, will think of a catchy name and update it.
Old 2006-02-14, 04:12
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
LBA : Ultra Ultra Happy Happy Fun Fun Game ?
LBA : The Return of the revenage of the curse of funfrock?

Sorry, I am not to good with names
Old 2006-02-14, 08:53
Do the evolution.

Or the "Loony Buduoir Adventure" ?
Old 2006-02-17, 17:22
Happy!

OK....the name i thought of was, LBA3 "insert your name here "...lol
anywayz thought i would post a few screens of how engine is commn along, ps, ive had 2 use one of my old 3D models and its not very good, i would be very happy if some1 could plz send me a .max with a twinsen model...that would be awsome.
right now i am implementing normal mapping which is by far the most hardest/ but best thing ever, this is what it will allow:
Some1 creates a high poly version of character (90,000) poly's
some1 creates a low poly character (2,000) poly's
The high poly character's model gets turned into a texture.
That high poly texture is applied to low poly model.
and walla u have a very high lookn model.

Cube Mapping

Shaders

Volumetric Cloud:

nearly intergrated phsyics and all is going very nicely, realalisticly, if i am the sole deveoloper on this project it may take quite a number of years to fully make, but if i do get a hand in the artistic/creation/story side then that time would greatly speed up.

well latas for now.

EDIT: Sorry bout the missing link for 3D pacman, but some how its gone missing from my hdd, this was a uni assignment and as such they have a archival backup of it, i will try and get the link fixed within the week.

Last edited by Bender; 2006-02-17 at 17:32.
Old 2006-02-17, 18:42
Look beyond reality.

This is amazing, really inspiring. Keep posting.
Old 2006-02-17, 20:50
Classic

Some nice work there.
I am sure assets can be shared between a few projects here though...maybe the LBA Remake team can give you their citidale island which you can adjust/upgrade as nesscery to fit yourengine.

Bumpmapping/Normal Mapping is cool, theres a usefull NVidia app called "Melody" that converts models well. (if you havnt already heard of it)
Old 2006-02-17, 23:25

hey im new here but am a massive fan of LBA2. Its interesting you are trying to make an LBA3 my friend is totally mental about the game. Could ask him for any ideas on the story side of things. As for a name im pretty useless as well. Maybee one of these:

Sendell's Quest
Twinsen Reloaded

i duno. I am trying to learn 3dmax at the moment. But I am trying to persuade autodesk to give me a student edition as im only 16 and am not technically a "student".

I think a new race should be included in the next LBA like another planet. The best part of LBA2 was the way it lasted.

Alex.
Old 2006-02-18, 00:19
Classic

Welcome to the forum
Please stay, browse around.
We have a few LBA fan-game projects...AS WELL AS A CHANCE FOR A NEW OFFICIAL GAME (see top right corner of the page)

Quote:
Twinsen Reloaded
Old 2006-02-18, 00:47

Yer its all happinin at the moment lol. There obviously alot of talent here. I dont know much about programming and please dont yell at me but cant you just use another game engine already made by someone else. I was reading an article and it said most game engines nowdays are based of the quake engine with a modular design. Couldnt you just use one of them for the physics and just rewrite the renderer. That way you could optimize performance and cut down on production time. I have done some work using the hammer sdk for css and know a little about the BSP system but i think you could just simply make a more efficient culling system to cut out the pollygons not seen. I duno if you can use vectors to do this but that would seem quite efficient to me.

PS. i think the new LBA would benefit from a more 3d approach like wow with the 3rd person or 1st person view. To give you more accuracy with that good old magic ball and laser gun. Also you can see more of the world. Downside would be slower performance and it would possibly make the worlds seem alot smaller.

Oh yer ill post my customised LBA cardboard box on here soon
Old 2006-02-18, 11:30
Happy!

Hey Alex and welcome to the forums, yeah the quake 3 engine is free to download now, but its very criptic, as in its highly optimised, and is quite hard 2 understand, my engine on the other hand is object oriented and have a main manager to manager all the entitites, such as sound, phsycis ect, and for phsycis, i am using an free sdk called Newton, so all i have 2 do is intergrate this into mine, for the view that will be in the game, this can be changed around very easily and can have multiple camera options, 1st, 3rd and fixed.
Old 2006-02-18, 13:34

ok kl
Old 2006-02-18, 15:22
Classic

Its a good idea to use existing engines, but most of them are disigned around FPS games.
Adventure games are always the oddball genra that has to be custom-coded each time

That said, might be usefull nicking subroutines &or techiques from engines where its usefull.