Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games > Fan Maps
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Maps LBA themed maps for other games (Unreal, Half Life, etc.)

Old 2002-01-04, 12:43
the Cursed

Send a message via ICQ to CrOvAx
Yeah, little boy, you may betatest.

Oh yeah, in the alpha-map you'll see the contours of the Island build in WC. They won't be like that in the final release I just decided. I will build model with all the contours of the Island, and build the island itself in the T2-editor, which will look a lott nicer.
Old 2002-01-04, 22:33
Magic Ball Master

Me is back, and me has Tribes 2. I'll try it tomorrow. I think.
Old 2002-01-05, 02:20
Here.

Crovax...
I can't load the map.... It gives me an "Unhandled Exception" error when it's halfway done the "Loading Effects" I used winzip and I used subdirectories... Maybe it's because I use Win2k? If so... I have Win 98... But I don't have internet access on 98 so I can't test it with others... Please reply if you know a solution to this problem...
Old 2002-01-05, 08:47
the Cursed

Can't be because you have win2k, I also have it myself. "loading effects"? You mean lightning, don't you? Do you have mappack of Dynamix installed? You know, the last one. The sky I use (what do you guys think of the new sky? They were voices which asked for a lighter one, now I have one...) is from one of those maps.

Otherwise I will try to import it all in a vl2 file, allthough that didn't succeed the last time. I allrdy suspected it would go wrong, but that's what alpha/beta testing is all about, isn't it?
Old 2002-01-05, 14:32
Magic Ball Master

I've got the same error (other maps work fine). I'll try to install that map pack and see if I still have it.

Last edited by wacko; 2002-01-05 at 14:40.
Old 2002-01-06, 13:17
Magic Ball Master

Yep, it works now.

Nice map, really cool

I found one bug and a couple of terrain mistakes, like the floating harbor

Thr bug includes that I was able to get below the ground and walk around there, I did that near the sewers entrance at the cliffs.

The main town is very nice and detailled, but the rest is still a bit plain, especially the cliffs and around the lighthouse.

But it's great for an alpha version ofcourse
Old 2002-01-06, 13:26
the Cursed

Yeah, I know, I told you about the holes in the ground, and I see you found them.

The floating harbour... I lowered the water so the lvl of the water is right in the sewers, that's the reason the harbour seems to float. The cliffs around the island won't be in the final release, it's only for building a allmost precisely right island in the T2 editor, they will be deleted later. The model of the wizards tent wasn't meant to be in the alpha, and also those cliffs will be rebuild. The Light house itself is as detaled as in the game itself I think, and around it you shouldn't be looking !! Don't look at the island, only at the models, I will totally rebuild the island, when I find the time. Now I first have a examweek, so not really much time. I'll keep posting alpha's as I think there is something I think you must see or I think needs to be tested.

I don't think you can make a good screenie for the intropic with this version, can you? Not necessary.

Sky okay? And cool huh that the music works ! I find it quite cool, hopefully I will get a better one soon.

So, conclusion, you may not look at everything what's wrong, only the things that are right !

No, seriously, thanks for the credit, I'll try to give you better versions as soon as I make them. And I'll put a thank you for you in the introscreen also

Oh yeah, one thing you may do if you want to help is decide where I put the gens, turrets, inv. stations and the vehicle station. I have some ideas, but maybe you've got some better ones.
Old 2002-01-06, 13:51
Magic Ball Master

I must say that the models look great indeed. I won't comment the island itself anymore

Your idea was to mirror this island, so you'll get one Citadel Island per team, right?

Turrets could be at the top of the lighthouse (AA), at the museum (AA or plasma) and one at top of the cliffs (mortar).

A vehicle station would be best at the harbor, although if possible, you shouldnt use the standard T2 vehicle station but rather the console somewhere at the harbor and then the vehicles get build just in the water.

Inventory stations should be randomly placed in houses, not really hard to find places for that.

Generators could maybe be placed in Café Chez Luc or an other building at the surface. The sewers could possible be good for this as well.

Oh, one more comment before I forget it: sometimes I had the idea that the custom models were a bit too small. Especially when walking around in the sewers it was all pretty small and thight. If it's possible and not too hard, maybe you could make them a bit bigger...?
Old 2002-01-06, 13:57
into Dreams

Send a message via MSN to nights000
CrOvAx with some help from me you could have one team on citadel and the other on white leaf dessert.
Old 2002-01-06, 14:05
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by nights000
CrOvAx with some help from me you could have one team on citadel and the other on white leaf dessert.
But then it'll be harder to make it fair and hard enough to capture the flag for both teams.
Old 2002-01-06, 14:24
the Cursed

I'm gonna build a Desert Island in the future, with your help. But as Wacko allrdy stated, that won't we a balanced map, so I think I'm just gonna make 2 desert Island and 2 Citadel Island, or 1 and 2, with the flags on Citadel.

Yeah, I planned the turrets the same as you did. The inv. stations will be in most houses. And I could scale the sewers, but this are the sizes with which it fits beneath the other model, and are the sizes I somewhat calculated. I'll see what I can do.

I'm allrdy trying to model the vehicle of Twinsen to put in a mod, just to look if it works. Would be cool to use it in game IMHO, just shooting little balls

Gens will be in the sewers and in the back Twinsen's house I think. Two powercircuits.

I was planning to build the vehicle pad behind the house, at the beach. But it's also possible to build it there, yeah. Don't think I'll be able to let them spawn with station. I might be able in the future to change the model of it if I'm gonna make a mod, into nothing, or just something else. I could also build it as spaceshipairports as in LBA2. I shall see.

Last edited by CrOvAx; 2002-01-06 at 14:30.
Old 2002-01-07, 01:25
Here.

OK.... I got the final map pack, it works now, thanks wacko...
Umm... a few things:
Some of the buildings are hard to get out of, you could have the in the basement of the cafe, where the two "stairs" meet, bellow them and a bit to the left... About the harbor, you really need to fix it looking like it's floating, make ground around it or something... Also, if I can find a modeller I can try to make a model of the Dino-Fly as the shrike... We should also have a "ferry" maybe a Gunship-like Wildcat ? I dunno... Also, there are some points in which you can't get out of the water because it's too deep... You should have packs lying around the island... Mainly repair and sheilds.. I think that with some work after the final release, the map can be made into a beutiful dathmatch from a CTF... Also, should'nth you have the flags on Desert and Citadel? Otherwise there would be no point of going onto Destert Island...
Old 2002-01-07, 10:08
the Cursed

Okay, one question, do you read my posts?!

First of all: I said you must NOT look to the Island. I just put it there so you can walk, nothing more, nothing less.

Second: it is an ALPHA!!! So no inv. station, no packs, no nothing ! It's quite logical that there are repairpacks and stuff, I think I play the game enough to know that.

Third: We just decided that it isn't fair to put them on two different Islands. And if I put Desert Island between two Citadels you'll have to fly over it, don't you?! And if I put an objective there also, you just can't miss it.

Last: Yeah, I know about the hard to get out thing, and I'm working on it.

So just read my posts more carefully and you would have known allmost all of this....

But okay, nevertheless, thanks for testing, and it would be cool if you could get a model of Dinofly, Twinsen's car, or something else. The boat isn't possible I think, because there is no way of coding it to stay on the water.

Oh, Nights, the model you asked is uploaded. The next time I'll put it in the teamfolder, but now it's just on my server.

http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~frun...adelisland.map

Save target as, and it should work. It still isn't rdy 100%, but I hope you find some use for it. Sorry it took so long.

Last edited by CrOvAx; 2002-01-07 at 17:02.
Old 2002-01-08, 03:54
Here.

I do read your posts...
I meant the invs and packs for later, the packs I had in mind as just some extra packs lying around the island, as some maps now have them, instead of just being in bases...
I'm not too sure how to skin for T2, but I'd be more than happy to try my best if I get the software...
Old 2002-01-08, 15:20
the Cursed

You could help me by making some really nice screenies of Dinofly, Twinsen's car and the spaceship, ingame or in the movies. From all angles. Then I can build a model I think.

But first I've got a load of exams, so I won't do really much this week.
Old 2002-01-08, 15:35
Magic Ball Master

Car:

[ edit: crap, why doesn't it show the images while using the [ img ] tag? ]
Old 2002-01-08, 20:17
the Cursed

Thanks, I thing they can be usefull. A pitty they are still somewhat from above: they would be perfect if they were from a horizontal view. But I don't think it is possible to make such screenies of the car ingame, or it should be with a bug. Whow, wait, can't it be done by putting your car on top of an mountain, walk down, and make a screenshot from something beneath the top ?
Old 2002-02-01, 13:05
the Cursed

Okay, good news for the people who want to buy T2, but thought it was too expensive. For the dutchies, check this:

http://www.gamers.nl/nieuws/11531

The news is that Tribes2 will become a budgettitle for around 13 or 14 euro, and that's no money for such a great game ! So now go all buy it ! (okay, not now, when the bugetversion is released).

Update what I've done the last time:
- Improved the tent
- Made the palmtree
- Made the remains of the jail
Old 2002-03-11, 20:30
Here.

Crovax, how is the beta coming along?
Old 2002-03-11, 20:54
Magic Ball Master

I'm gonna buy T2

(Dutch users: € 14,95 including shipment (search for Tribes on that site))

EDIT: crap, there's another € 9,- for pay-on-delivery...

Last edited by wacko; 2002-03-11 at 21:00.
Old 2002-04-02, 04:43
Here.

Hey...

I know... this isnt the right place to do this or anything... But If anyone has T2: I'm running a T2 dedicatd football server! Tribes 2 Football! it's called "FootBall, Anyone" It should be up after 4 PM (GMT) Tommorow, or even earlier, and all day on week-ends.
Old 2002-04-10, 18:59
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
Yea, well, isn't there a trial of Tribes 2??
Old 2002-04-10, 23:18
Here.

Just a crappy d-mo
Old 2002-04-11, 14:40
the Cursed

Thumbs Up

Sorry I didn't make any updates in the last couple months. I didn't do much, except finish allmost all the models. I can't go further, because I need the model of the sewers of Nights000, because I lost that file in a format. He will send it to me in some days he said. (To be true he should send it to me this monday.... )

But I'll see if I can make a new beta for you people soon.

Oh yeah, Tribes2 will be newly released including an expansion in autumn 2002. Before that there will be a classic version as I allrdy said.

I'll do my best, I hope I can give you some updates in some time, you guys deserve it.
Old 2002-04-11, 17:59
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
and won't you be able 2 do some screenshots of your map ?