Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Closed Thread

Old 2000-10-27, 22:17
Neko

Talking

guess we made a mistake

this board kicksass

and we do too.

the lba community is very creative.,
in fact we do better then alot of other game communitys

if lba was more a sucsess it wouldn't be special.
i mean: big games has great forums, but for a game that was never a sucses it is clear that lba is big.

Well, what should i say?
people will never create fanfics, music and these great sites if the game is bad.

Old 2000-10-27, 22:30
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
To be honest, when i tell someone that I like LBA...they just snigger like little women (no offense Atresica).

I think because LBA has the image of a "kids" game, ppl don't like to express to the world their undying love for it. I think if LBA3 was perhaps not as Cartoony or "kiddy" there would be a much bigger online community. Although having said that, I like LBA the way it is and think it should STAY "kiddy" and cartoony.
Old 2000-10-27, 23:44
Neko

yeah, you're right

it should stay this way.
lba is lba
nothing else

but here it is even worse

'i like lba'
'what????'

they have no idea what it is .

Old 2000-10-28, 00:11
Master of Science & Magic

Wink

Yep, it's like that.
Anyway, I think that Fred likes it a lot that we keep his creation alive. You don't realy see a still active Alone in the Dark community.
Old 2000-10-28, 00:44
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Cool I agree

I agree with that LBA wouldn't be LBA if it wasn't a little bit 'childish', but I think LBA 2 was more childish than LBA 1.

I also visit some other boards and I once posted something (don't remeber what) with something about LBA and most there liked the game very much.

Anyway it's good the community lives again!
Old 2000-10-28, 01:00
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
Lightbulb Look at the time stamps on some of these messages

it's almost like IRC.....almost.

No I don't know what is't like in the Netherlands, but in the UK ppl just laugh at the word LBA. But I already explained why that is (see near the top of thread). Although PCZONE (our leading games mag) rate it very highly and only just this year gave LBA2 a top score in and adventure games SuperTest!
Old 2000-10-28, 01:37

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
LBA has something that no other game has. And it would probably take two housr for me to list all of the reasons for why I love it. And LBA does have something no other game has. But I guess no one will every understand it until they play it, and realize what it really is.
Old 2000-10-28, 10:36
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
I agree, it has somekind of magic and it grabbes you and won't let you go untill you finnished the game and then your angry because the game is finnished.
Maybe it are the dialoges, the characters (you can indentify yourself with them), the surrounding....actuall everyting.
We need more games like this one (as I said before: Try Terranigma (SNES) it looks a little on it)
Old 2000-10-28, 13:38
!!!!!

This game is so good because it's original. I think we need more original games, not more games like it... anyway LBA3 will probably be better then LBA2, and a better game then LBA2 is the best game ever...
Old 2000-10-28, 13:50
Magic Level: Red Ball

Unhappy Gone, and probably forgotten

Yes, it is good to have the LBA community alive again. It's good to see tou congregating, sharing ideas and the spirit of LBA. Problem is, this didn't occur on my board. Oh, I acknowlege that El Meutre's board is technically superior, (and it rocks, what with the emoticons and added user end support), but I feel kinda bitter that most of you ditched the humble Twinsun Tribune without even a word of goodbye...
So, maybe you can go there, post a final message and I can close it down for good, since the board is already showing signs of degredation (messages keep deleting themselves). Then, I promise I'll try to stay happy, and not critise people or diss their parents and close relations....
Thanks...
Old 2000-10-28, 14:24
Master of Science & Magic

Well, I've posted my official goodbye message from the Twinsen Tribune, I hope it will be there long enough for someone to see it.
Old 2000-10-29, 22:49
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
Question huh?

hey, silverfish........but i thought you said you were eventually not going to delete twinsen tribune. what are these goodbye messages for then? can't get it at all....
Old 2000-10-31, 03:21

Exclamation That's it!!!

Silverfish you cannot delete that message board just becuase there aren't much people there as it used to be. I mean look at Jess. He had to watch his visiters leave and go to your site. But he didn't just delete his site, now did he. I strongly protest the deleting of that site, but if you are think about doing it ponder some of this. If you delete the site you will prove that you are not strong and weak. At least not as strong as Jess who was in a worse situation then you are right now. By deleting or not deleting that board every little detail about your character will be told.

There are two ways out of this, Silverfish. Either you surrender your ship or you self-distruct it.
Old 2000-10-31, 13:18
Neko

Cool haha, lightwing is right :)

you don't have inner strenght
Old 2000-10-31, 14:49
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
Thumbs Down c'mon silverfish..

i completely disagree with the deleting of twinsen tribune. silverfish, you have to understand that we love this site, no matter how many visitorsit has. remember the disappointment of the people when the lba mb was deleted (the 1st one)? that's how we'll feel about twinsen tribune. you have to understand this dammit!!!
Old 2000-10-31, 22:16
Magic Level: Red Ball

The original LBA1 message board was deleted!?!?!?!?!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 2000-11-01, 07:22

Uh, I don't really see how your sarcasm fits with what were talking about. Either that, or I don't see what you're trying to explain with that messages...
Old 2003-12-21, 21:01
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfish
The original LBA1 message board was deleted!?!?!?!?!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
i never got to see that..... :'(
Old 2003-12-21, 21:09
!!!!!

Dan, please don't reply to such an old thread. I won't delete your post this time, but please avoid it in the future. If you want to discuss the old LBA message board, than just open a new thread (you can link to this thread if you want).
Old 2003-12-21, 23:09
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Slay them all
Old 2003-12-21, 23:25
Magic Ball Master

Old cow.
--> closed
Closed Thread