Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-03-13, 21:25
Little Bastard Warrior.

Help for Metal Gear solid 2 substance for PC

Okay i bought the game, I find out that it requires a DVD drive, so I put my brothers DVD drive in my fathers computer and after alot of time it works, but I then have to upgrade the graphic card so the game actually looks good, so I do that and the game works find except that the controls suck ├╝ber arse.
So later I delete the game and then my father buys his DVD drive and now the **** won't work. When I press run in the start-up screen, the game crashes and replies with a:

"failed creating IDirectsound8 object".

Help me.

Technical specs for my fathers computer:

Processor: AMD athlon(TM) xp1600+

Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

Sound card: C-media 97.

Please don't reply with a: buy a PS2, 'cause is the most stupid answer in the world.

P.S: I have checked the internet (and google) for help, but there doesn't seem to be anyone with by problem and Konami is really bad at the support thing.

P.P.S: My brothers computer can play the game but his screen is always green?.
Old 2004-03-13, 21:49
Magic Ball Master

(re)install new DirectX?
Install newer soundcard drivers?

Also:
start > run > dxdiag
and run the tests under DirectSound.
Old 2004-03-20, 19:08
Little Bastard Warrior.

Thanks for the help. I got past the problem (I think it was a new version of Directx, that did the job). But the game continues to have problems:
I used to have the problem, that the FMVs didn't show, but still played sound. So I got the advice, that I should download that codec pack: "Ace mega codec pack". So now I can see the FMV's... for awhile.
After playing a few seconds, the movies freeze and the sound continues...
Please help, with this too. I have already checked the rest of the internet, and konamis support board, but people only seem to have the problem with that black screen and continues sound.
Old 2004-03-20, 19:39
Still in a dream...

the Kazaa lite codec pack might help, I hear its very good.
Old 2004-03-20, 21:41
Little Bastard Warrior.

There was this guy on a konami support forum, that suggested that I unregistered the codec that I was using to watch the movies. He said that if I did it, it would all work. But it doesn't work when I try.
He said that I should do this: Start > Run > regsvr32 /u "C:\Programmer\ACE Mega CoDecS Pack\Registry FileS\Quality\direct vobsub.dll"

there are just a few problems with this: the file "direct vobsub, isn't a .dll file, and I can't find any .dll file that is called anything familiar to "direct vobsub.

Pandemona: I'm not sure I should install more codecs?
Old 2004-03-20, 22:23
Still in a dream...

It can't hurt to install more codecs imo. You can always remove it later . Try that. Otherwise, latest drivers like wacko suggested.