Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2010-09-24, 13:47
Lemonhead

Thanks DF, I'll check them all out
Old 2010-10-03, 15:23
Neko

Am now up to speed with how i met your mother. class show
Old 2010-10-04, 00:21
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
It is.
You might also enjoy Coupling which is a somewhat similar British show.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Fringe season3 epp1/2/3/4 - Pure awesomeness. Wow this show is fantastic.

How I Met My Mother s6epp1-4 - On average, still pretty good. Still managing to come up with some inventive plotlines.
Heres how I hope this season ends;
Spoiler:

The guy getting married is Barney.
The camera pans over the people at the wedding, with the future-ted having already mentioned he mets the mother there, the cameras anticipation builds up.
The camera pans past the crowd, past Barney, to rest on the bride...the mother....in a white suit....played by Felicity Day :P

Stargate Universe s2epp1 - Sucked, by I did like the ending shot. A bit defying gravity-esq.
epp2 - meh
epp3 - good episode in concept, somewhat ruined by implementation, but still much stronger then normal. Badly should have spent longer on the seed ship though. How about actually seeing the stargate factory in use eh?

oh, and would this show PLEASE stop with the pointless smallville esq music-montages that add bugger-all to the plot.

Genius season2 1/2/3 - Great fun. This seasons format is much more fluid.
Old 2010-10-25, 05:33
Do the evolution.

Now and then, here and there.

This animated series is absolutely amazing. It's like a mix of Spirited Away and Lord of the Flies... With visuals from the first and mood from the second... A boy named Shu by way of a huge device is transported into an alternate reality/the future and finds himself in a world where the sun is about to engulf the planet or go nova, but anyway fills half of the sky during red daylight. Water is scarce and war is the daily bread of the worlds inhabitants. It's full of adult themes like beatings and torture, children soldiers and even implied child rape - three times. The story is simple but gripping and at the same time pretty horrific - and most often then not leaves you feeling pretty weird/gloom.

If you're annoyed by the japanese voices the english dub is amazing - to the point of being better then the original cast - especially the mad king.
Old 2010-10-26, 14:13
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Though I like to watch Farscape the sience fiction show. But the I Dream of Jeannie the comedy one, never. I don't like to laugh without meaning.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:42
Classic

Good to see another Farscape fan
Old 2010-11-07, 01:21
Classic

John Doe
Reviewed By Darkflame (Type - tv-series, CreatedBy - Brandon Camp,Mike Thompson)

John Doe is best introduced with the help of the following diagram;

As the Doe-Y-Smith Correlation clearly shows, John Doe lies pretty squarely between The Dead Zone and Kyle XY in protagonist plot space.

Giving the show predates KyleXY by a lot, and Deadzone by a smidgen, the show's setup is thus quite original, focusing on both the origins of the character as he tries to recover his memory, while simultaneously using his unique skills to solve crimes.This sets the show up quite well for both ongoing and episodic storytelling, as well as good character development.The other nice thing about the set up is John Doe's gift.

He seems to know everything -Every fact ever spoken seems to be in his head. This is an interesting, yet not overpowered ability. So the shows got a great set-up - and mostly use's it for an interesting show.Mostly.Sadly it gets quite a bit repetitive at times..teasing big revolutions about the ongoing story...only for it to turn out irrelevant. (and it does this "trick" with the audience on quite a few episodes). The show doesn't need to do this at all, as its mostly episodic, and is strong enough on its own. However, it would be nice to see more genuine progress in the main story. Especially because the show was canceled before it could reveal much.

None the less, its a great series, and certainly fans of KyleXY or The DeadZone should check it out.
Be warned though, a few of the early episodes can be rather gory.

80%
Old 2010-11-08, 04:17

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Lala-ru!
Lala-ru!

LALA-RU!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!1111@!@$@#

5 years later and it's still stuck in my damn head.
Old 2010-11-14, 20:12
Classic

I probably should watch that. I have, after all, set myself the insane task of watching at least a bit of just about every sci-fi themed tv show ever made.
==

Misfits Season2 episode 1 - Good stuff. Less annoying then s1, maintaining a good balance. Overall this looks like it will develop into a nice Heroes antidote, especially now a third season has been commissioned too.
Old 2010-12-03, 15:53
Classic

Misfits Season2 episode 2 - That was....pretty brillent. I hope this shows growing in popularity because its writting seems to be.

Young Justice (tv Movie Pilot) -

Now, under normal circumstances I wouldn't think to watch a cartoon based around super-hero side-kicks. "Young" versions of characters tend to be marketing/toy-product based plots, or the comic book industry's lack of creativity leaking onto other mediums.
However, this Justice-League alike caught my attention for the soul reason of the writer; Greg Wiesman. That guy is a god.
Plus, unlike the rights-mess that is Marvel, they seem to be able to have the whole DC universe here without any problem at all.

The TV Pilot is a great start to the show, allthough a bit too battle/fighting heavy for a adult audience. Its clearly not as dark/deep as Gargoyles, or as outright fun as Spectacular Spiderman. But it has strong characters, humour and I look forward to more. I suspect it will become more engrousing in time, as Greg paints very large universe's with huge story-arcs and good pay-offs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Young-Justice.jpg‎
Views:	543
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	8563  

Last edited by Darkflame; 2010-12-03 at 17:09.
Old 2010-12-08, 11:17
Banned

Hello friends
I am new in this community I like this community I want to share my favorite two TV shows with you In which first is "Watch Family Guy" and second is "Eureka episodes online" both are really nice and good Tv show. I hope you like them.
thanks

Last edited by Darkflame; 2010-12-08 at 13:18.
Old 2010-12-08, 13:18
Classic

Yes, "Watch Family Guy" is a great show.
Old 2010-12-12, 16:53
Classic

Fringe - just awesome. Mind blowing. Awesome. They cant possibly keep this up.
Old 2010-12-29, 20:28
Classic

Dr Who "A Christmass Carol" - Wow, someone actually came up with a good, new, dickens story variation, awesome and imaginative stuff. Some great one liners too.

Misfits Season 2 - Superb. THIS is how you do a superhero show. Season1 was around as good as Heroes was, but bad in different area's.
Season2, however, blows it out the water. And is far far more interesting then "no ordinary family", and (probably also the other superhero shows appearing over the next few months). Its still rude/crude in places, but the characters and plot is fantastic. Its funny, exciting and unexpected.
Its rule-breaking.
Its just what TV needs.
I can't wait till Season3.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2010-12-30 at 12:37.
Old 2011-01-14, 22:07
Classic

The Cape Epp1- That was fantastic Very recommended.
Old 2011-01-15, 18:26
Do the evolution.

I recently saw a Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars and I really liked it!

Pretty sad "SYFY" didn't renew SGU for a third season... MGM is back on it's feet though so maybe it'll still be made!
Old 2011-01-15, 19:19
Classic

I would guess MGM might do some tv movies, or even bring stargate back to the cinema in some form.
Old 2011-01-17, 07:14
Do the evolution.

From what I know they confirmed any film based on either Stargate SG1 or Atlantis will never be made (they did destroy the sets and sell all the props). So it's either something completely new or a renewal of SGU or the franchise is done.
Old 2011-01-17, 16:24
Classic

Destroying props doesn't put anything out of the question, its happened between other shows seasons before.
Farscape had its whole ship rooms destroyed after s4 and they still replicated them back for the miniseries, for one thing, and those are some pretty elaborate sets.
The question is more one of demand really.

Personally though I think the stargate universe is big enough to allow a few differently focused miniseries without specifically needing to spin off frrom a tv show.
Old 2011-01-17, 17:11
Do the evolution.

And there's one that still has three seasons to go... that has it's props and sets still intact...
Old 2011-05-02, 20:49
Classic

Stargate Universe (last few with the decedants plotline) - I must admit a marked improvement again,interesting concept and some very nice FX shots - allthough I lot of the kino flashbacky bits were a waste of time.

Dr Who "The Impossible Astronaut (1)" & "Day of the Moon (2)" - Utterly awesome. Quite a few plotthreads to wrap still, but that was fantastic. Drama,comady, great concepts and unpredictable.
I cant wait for more.

Fringe -
A lot hangs on the last episode of the season, but its mostly been pretty great this last half season.
Old 2011-05-03, 12:54
Magic Level: Green Ball

Yeah the new Dr Who was surprisingly good, even if Smith is a god awful Doctor.

Looks terrible next week mind.
Old 2011-05-11, 15:41
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

Why do you think Smith is a terrible doctor? I like him, he has a certain charm about him. I wonder if you suffer from the fabled "TennantMania"?
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2011-05-13, 12:15
Classic

I think Smiths ok too, I actualy thought Christopher Eccleston was the best in recent years though - They can all do manic and charming, but whileTennant took a few years to pull of "serious" well, Eccleston did it more or less from the start.

Anyway, piraty episopde was "ok" but no where near as good as the opener.
===

And while I'm here, some finals;

Stargate Universe - Despite some good episodes leading upto the end, that was a highly meh-worthy and very contrived final.

The Cape - Merely Ok for an "unexpected" ending, but still a shame this show was canceled. Would have been nice to see the universe evolve a bit more.

Fringe - omg wtf bbq! That ending was insane :P And theres a 4th season...yes!

Tags
series, shows, television