Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2009-01-30, 21:29
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Fringe 12 - Umm...so why wasnt the kid effected?
Because Dr. Brainmelter saw Agent Dunham coming and stopped the program? He didn't really have a reason to affect the kid.

About this episode (Fringe 1x12) it has the funniest scene ever in Fringe:
Spoiler:
..."After the program launched the disk was crashed-"
*Ring Ring*
*everyone looks suspiciously to inspect their surroundings*
"Did you hear that?"
*mysterious background music*
"Was that you...?"
Walter: "I haven't heard this sound in ages..."
*thrilling foreboding background music*
"I think... it's the phone."
*camera view shows us the phone*
*Ring Ring*
Old 2009-01-30, 23:15
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Buffy s3epp13 - Now THAT was an example of this series at its best. Really nicely constructed and plenty of funny bits.
Old 2009-01-31, 02:19
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Lost 5x03 - Great synopsis bot!
[Edit] Btw Bot (still Lost): Spoiler:
If Elli would date Sawyer it could mean Dan is Sawyer's son
Well I actually thought about it a bit more:
Spoiler:
She's pretty aggressive so I bet she digs those kind of males.
If she dated Widmore it could make Ellie (full name: Eloise, Daniels mother) mother of two childs: Daniel and Penny (who we know to be Widmore's daughter).

Sure Daniel is called Faraday but I'm sure there's an explanation for it.
Old 2009-01-31, 17:57
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Lost s5epp3 Spoiler:
-Excelent stuff. so many things neatly falling together.
Locke telling the Others to visit him, hence the scenes in the last season.
Widmore appearing on the island etc.

My theory is that Daniels mum is that old woman Desmond saw when time traveling, and who is apperently working with Ben at the moment.

oh, and that nuke is soooo going to be a plotpoint later.
Probably they end up blowing the whole island up near the end :P

Quote:
How's that for a paradox - if the compass Richard gave Locke to give Richard was given to him by Locke. argh1!!
Not nesscerly, Richard might now simply have two compass's.
He had the compass, he gets another one from Locke, he gives the compass he already had to Locke the second time, keeping the one Locke gave him.
No paradox Just one compass folded in time a bit.

Old 2009-01-31, 18:06
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Lost s5epp3 Spoiler:
Not nesscerly, Richard might now simply have two compass's.
He had the compass, he gets another one from Locke, he gives the compass he already had to Locke the second time, keeping the one Locke gave him.
No paradox Just one compass folded in time a bit.
Spoiler:
Yeah maybe, but what if. Technically Richard can choose to give Locke the compass Locke gave him instead of the one he already has. And that would mean one thing - that the compass is literally infinitely old. Hmm, kinda like Richard... Interesting.

Yeah, maybe Lost would end with the island (and possibly the whole world?) being blown up. That'd be a nice closure.
Old 2009-01-31, 18:15
Look beyond reality.

Spoiler:
Am I the only one having difficulties understanding people discussing lost in the 'now'/'past' way? It's all so relative. 'Now' in the series ('50s) or 'now' when the latest events occur (2004/5/6 ?), or even 'now' 31 januari 2009.
Old 2009-01-31, 20:14
Classic

I have long advocated we need a more diverse set of Verbs to cover time travel related things.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yeah maybe, but what if. Technically Richard can choose to give Locke the compass Locke gave him instead of the one he already has. And that would mean one thing - that the compass is literally infinitely old. Hmm, kinda like Richard... Interesting.

Yeah, maybe Lost would end with the island (and possibly the whole world?) being blown up. That'd be a nice closure.
Spoiler:

Lost will end with a shot of a computer readout with one of "the numbers" changeing by just a single digit.
Maybe as a result of blowing up the island, maybe not, but thats my leading theory for how it ends.

As for the watch, Id say though, that an infinitely old watch would be just dust...vapour. Impossible to "give" to someone.
So probably Richard couldnt give him the other one even if he tried :P
Of course, I'm not exactly sure what he would witness from his perspective if he did try. He wouldnt see it fall to pieces because he then never would have had it in the first place. Maybe his brain ruptures or something instead :P
Old 2009-01-31, 20:46
!!!!!

But then again,
Spoiler:
Richard is also supposed to be dust. Instead he looks young and healthy.

About the ending, nice theory. Maybe the numbers would change to 4-8-15-16-23-43.
Old 2009-01-31, 23:33
Classic

Spoiler:
Bodys are alive, we eat, we regenerate damage. Watchs arnt alive
(I tried to think of some clever anti-creationist statement here but failed).

Nah, it wont be the last digit, or the first...one of the middle ones.
Dunno why, just feels more...Lost-ish.
Or I'm just going mad.

BattleStar Gallactica - s4epp13-- *yawn* Not much here, got better near the end, but I cant help thinking these last two epps have mostly been a distraction from the main plotlines that need to be wrapped up.
Also, really, I'm fed up with shows where "the general population" act stupid and manipulatable so easily by whoever. In this case it should be quite darn clear to everyone that all cylons are not on the same side, yet that point isnt ever raised.
Old 2009-02-01, 00:21
You what?!

Smallville s08e13
This season is just getting stupid. And this episode I actually felt bored watching it.
Old 2009-02-01, 01:37
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
By the way,
Fringe 1x12 - Looks like whoever wrote this episode played Gex.
That video reminds me of
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9eb_sS2rEvE
Old 2009-02-01, 04:58
Classic

Buffy season3 - Bit of a mixed bag. Plotwise it had some of the best ideas, and certainly some very witty scripting. Also some downright fun eppisodes. (drunk Spike).

Other eppisodes were really inspired concept wise. (eg, epp13, Which is basicaly taking the sort of story youd expect for a season final, and running it as something merely going on in the background to a story focused on a secondary charecter)

However, all the Angel stuff, and all the Faith stuff pretty much bored me.
Either people flipping sides without good justification, or people thinking someone has flipped sides with out. A lot too fast or too contrieved.
Still, the season final was kick-arse.
The Mayors charecter over the whole season was also fun.
Old 2009-02-02, 23:59
!!!!!

Crap!!
Kyle XY is canceled

There will never be a fourth season

Damn it! I like this show.
Old 2009-02-03, 00:35
Classic

Annoying indeed.
I can only guess Kyle must have been one of their most expensive shows to make.
Its not technicaly canceled mind you "not renewed" is marginaly better, as it gives more hope for other networks to pick it up.
---
Buffy s4 epp1-7 - Pretty poor storys really from a concept standpoint, but the humour and some of the scriptwritting is very well done. Epp7 especialy has some very funny bits.
Each epp seems to end on a unpuncated joke too, which seems to be a kinda scripting template, but one that works.
There dosnt seem to be any ongoing story strands that irratate me so much so far. (like the faith and angel plotlines last season). However, theres neither anything that really grabs me.
So more a so-so season then one with highs and lows, at least, so far.

Rottentrolls s3- Still easily one of the funniest things to been on tv. Perfect for the 8minutes it takes to eat my breakfirst.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2009-02-03 at 00:47.
Old 2009-02-03, 16:27
!!!!!

It must be canceled because it's expensive. It's canceled DESPITE it's their most viewed show. They must figure "those bonehead viewers of ours will watch any crap we give them anyway, why should we make stuff that costs us money?"
Old 2009-02-03, 17:05
Classic

Yeah, the really depressing thing is that Kyle isnt THAT expensive...its not in the category of Lost,Heroes, or even Prison Break. Not even close.

Small cast, normaly just 1 or 2 special effects per episode.
When a network can't afford that for their most watched show, you know the networks going down pretty fast.
Old 2009-02-03, 18:46
Father of Shoda

Heroes episode 14

I think it was a good episode and it gave some answers Spoiler:
like if Peter had regained all his powers,the copycat power or just the flying one.. (He got his original copycat power)

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2009-02-04, 17:48
Classic

Heroes epp14 - Yeah, pretty nice. The redunction in powers all-around is paying off nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerath^ View Post
Spoiler:
like if Peter had regained all his powers,the copycat power or just the flying one.. (He got his original copycat power)
Spoiler:
Not so sure actualy, I think he has in fact got a weaker version of his old power...he has to touch the other person now it seems.
Basicly he seems now be like Rogue from the Xmen
Old 2009-02-04, 20:40
!!!!!

Heroes 3x14 Spoiler:
Lol, "flight 915".
Old 2009-02-04, 21:23
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Heroes
Spoiler:
Sylar is officialy the best character in the show. Noa and Nathan are also good characters, the others are too shallow characters.

So wait lets sum it up -

once upon a time there was a company researching to develop powers by capturing people with powers and researching on them.

they found out a formula, hid it, decided to just monitor people with powers for safety.
then father peter decided to give people powers to make the world a better place, with Nathan agreeing.

and now again Nathan want to lock all people with powers?
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2009-02-04, 21:37
Classic

Spoiler:
I think the idea is he thought everyone having powers would be safer then just some people having them. But that idea should be made much more clear.

Also, personaly, I think Slyer is a terrible charecter was terrible plotarcs. Ret-coning him to have different parents is just bad, imho.
One of the few things I liked was the eppisode back in s1 showing his origins as a watch fixer....that made sense, it was elgant.
Since then though, since his non-death in season1 it seems like they have been struggleing to justify the charecter.
They should kill him asap, and let the actor leave to do other things, because the actor is great, not the charecter.
Old 2009-02-04, 23:03
Father of Shoda

Then we agree to disagree, I think he is great both the character and the actor

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2009-02-05, 00:30
Classic

Quote:
Then we agree to disagree
I dont agree with that!
Old 2009-02-05, 15:29
Look beyond reality.

Lost s05e04:

Spoiler:
Well I wish I could type as long of a story that I did with the previous episode... But this one just isn't as interesting.
The whole Aaron-story; I don't care about it. Ben can have two reasons for taking the baby from Kate:
1. He needs the baby and Kate to come to the island and that will go better separately, because Kate will never agree anyway.
2. He needs the baby to stay, but Kate should go back to the island. Separate them and take Kate.

We see a couple more flashes. Everyone who has been on the island before gets nosebleeds (just as I expected the reason would be).
They find the camp but no one is there. This was for me a hint they are somewhere in the future. However, they find a canoe that hasn't been there for longer than 24 hours, because the water in the bottle hasn't evaporated yet.
They take the boat and go out to sea. They're shot at by an unknown boat. It might be Widmore's people taking over the island somewhere in 2010-2020.
Or the people on the boat are Jack, Kate, Ben, Sayid, etc. Don't know why they would shoot though.

Sawyer sees Claire delivering her baby with Kate. This moment is interesting, because the 'freaky' people that were seen in season1,2,3 were clearly there, and not just imaginations.

At the end we see a raft with a French science-team on board. Finally, I was waiting for this moment. Danielle looks hot, btw.
Jin was alive, which pops up the question if people like Michael survived the explosion as well. Though Jin was on the deck and had a bigger chance surviving than Michael, who was nearly hugging the bombs.
Also, dr. Shephard told Michael he had the green light to go.

I notice it has become a long story nevertheless, so that'd be a good sign.
Quite interesting episode, but enough with the off-island stuff, k?
Old 2009-02-07, 08:07

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Battlestar Galactica Ep 14: Blood on the Scales

Best episode in the series bar none. Consistant story flow. No farfetched plots, no over dramatization. Some truelly amazing Visual FX shots and cinematography. Felt like I was watching a movie instead of an episode. Why the crap did it take them 4 years to finally get it right?

Tags
series, shows, television