Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2012-11-01, 00:44
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
No...at least not for Mario Kart. Cant find any explanation of the reason though.
Download play is locked due to different system encryption keys, and your effectively copying a exe from one system too another.
But why the hell they would disable local play when you both have the game is just nuts I dont get it.
Maybe some games it would make sense if there was multiplayer bug fixs between regions releases, but that would be rare really.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:41
Magic Ball Master

And they expect me to pay money for a product that is this defective - on purpose?

I don't think anyone in the video game industry will sell me a console anytime soon.
Old 2012-11-01, 21:21
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
DRM is everywhere sadly. Gog.com, HumbleBundles VS almost everything else.

As I said though, you can play online worldwide (any region to any), and the systems various streetpass things work between different regions systems. So they clearly dont mind international gamers playing together. Must be something weird in its WLAN chip/drtivers.

Thus, I suspect its thus a side-effect of something else, but I just cant figure it out. Its probably piracy related.
Old 2012-11-15, 18:30
Polly parrot

I saw bit. trip saga 3DS for 20€ and couldn't resist

Quick presentation : Contains 6 games (bit. trip beat, bit. trip core, bit. trip void, bit. trip runner, bit. trip fate and bit. trip flux) made originally for the wii eshop, than released as a stand-alone Wii title. 3 of the games were ported to PC so far, beat, runner, and core. This is now a 3DS port.

About the port itself : This is an awfull port ! The game is in 2D, so the 3D is useless. Even worse, When 3D is activated, it brings the fps down ! Truly horrible, I always play it in 3D. Due to the screen being smaller, certain elements are harder to be seen. The wii version has bonus levels, and you can register your score online, none of this in the 3DS version WHY ?!

Now, about the game(s) itself : DAMN IS IT AMAZING !!! These games are all based on extremely simple and original ideas, but that wasn't enough for the developper ! Awesome music and graphics !

I'll present only core, which is my current favorite
Here is what your screen looks like :

With the arrow keys, you can choose a direction to shoot a beam to :

And by pressing a, you make that beam become solid, so the little squares (known as beats) won't pass through it.

However, you can make your beam solid only during ~half a sec., so you have to time it well.

These are premade levels, meaning the beats are not randomly generated, they will always come in the same order everytime and there are 3 different levels.
The beats come in the same rhythm, making this game a hybrid between a rhythm and a reflex game.

Truly...wonderful...
here is a short vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0hliWO7Kg

Last edited by Polaris; 2012-11-16 at 16:40.
Old 2012-11-16, 02:53
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
I played Runaway: A Road adventure (2001)
it's a spanish point and click adventure game that pretty much became a cult at its time, but I've played it for the first time. I'd rate it 7-. The adventure game is pretty solid, the graphics were great 2d lasts forever, 3d doesn't. This game is pretty much in 2d, I think its graphic will never be considered "old". Voice acting is ok. What really pissed me off is the game itself: puzzles aren't hard at all, they're all very easy, except some. But There is always some damn hidden item that will keep you busy for hours! I ended up searching the same area for hours without finding anything, because either the object was almost hidden, or it was too little!! Many times I thought "Is this an adventure or a hidden object game?". Too bad, because it ruined what could be a great game. It's ok if in an adventure game I spend hours trying to find out what to do, but if I miss an item (OR EVEN AN AREA) because it's too well hidden, then I get pissed off.
The game kind of reminds me of Broken Sword, but with a big difference: now I have its 2 sequels to play, but when I finished BS1 I thought "Let's hope the sequels are as good as the 1st one!", now I hope the sequels are better.

Sorry for interrupting the whole 3ds conversation, au revoir!
Old 2012-11-16, 12:38
Classic

I played Runaways but it frustated me so I gave up
Preferred Secret Files/Tunguska etc....those games have a hotkey to show all interactable objects in a scene. No Pixal hunting!
Old 2012-11-16, 20:08

Last game i played was sonic heros .3. I haven't finished it. but its a good game... i've tried all the teams, and good god Now i truely understand everyones hate for Big the cat.
Old 2012-11-16, 20:29
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

It's because everyone prefers ponies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I played Runaways but it frustated me so I gave up
Preferred Secret Files/Tunguska etc....those games have a hotkey to show all interactable objects in a scene. No Pixal hunting!
Thanks, wishlisted
Old 2012-11-16, 21:20
this's longer than allowe

I'm replaying Commandos: Beyond the enemies lines. That game is just awesome, first game I ever played online. Once I finish it I think I'll play DOTT or Sherlock Holmes: The case of the serrated scalpel, both amazing point and click classics.
Old 2012-11-18, 03:47
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Those are all great games! Great choices there!

Hitman - Blood Money. 9.5/10
It's nearly perfect, I'm amazed. Can't talk about it in just a few lines, but the amount of freedom and variety you have in each level is incredible. Play it if you haven't, even if you don't like the genre, you're gonna love this game. Just don't solve every mission shooting at everyone and making a lot of mess or you'll ruin your gaming experience forever
Old 2012-11-18, 04:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Those are all great games! Great choices there!

Hitman - Blood Money. 9.5/10
It's nearly perfect, I'm amazed. Can't talk about it in just a few lines, but the amount of freedom and variety you have in each level is incredible. Play it if you haven't, even if you don't like the genre, you're gonna love this game. Just don't solve every mission shooting at everyone and making a lot of mess or you'll ruin your gaming experience forever
Couldn't agree more. I actually like the whole Hitman saga, and the new hitman that is about to come out "Hitman: Absolution" looks really cool, there is a bonus mission for anyone who preordered the game, "Hitman: Sniper challenge" and you can tell the style hasn't changed.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:27

just beat Okamiden!
Old 2012-11-18, 11:24
Classic

Thats VERY much on my to play list. Loved the Wii version, and as the DS Zeldas disappointed me it looks like just the fix.
--

Still playing Hotel Dusk.....great game, but I took a break and now cant remember what I was doing
Old 2012-11-18, 14:30
Magic Ball Master

If you're still in the market for Virtual Console games, buy them now. The first games are already being pulled with the Wii U launch ahead. And not just some obscure TurboGrafX games you've never heard of before. Donkey Kong Country will be gone by next week in America.
Old 2012-11-18, 21:14
Classic

yeah, thats just shocking. But I dont get it...what difference does it make if I pay Nintendo for the Wii copy or pay them for a WiiU copy
The games are transferable too anyway.

Does Nintendo actually think people will buy the WiiU for VC games? Seems unlikely...
but I cant think of another reason.
Old 2012-11-18, 21:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
yeah, thats just shocking. But I dont get it...what difference does it make if I pay Nintendo for the Wii copy or pay them for a WiiU copy
The games are transferable too anyway.

Does Nintendo actually think people will buy the WiiU for VC games? Seems unlikely...
but I cant think of another reason.
five bucks says that people would buy the wiiu just for the VCgame.... (i'm buying it beacuse its nintendo)
Editwhy didn't you guys tell me i messed up the spelling?)

Last edited by Ditzy Doo; 2012-11-19 at 18:29.
Old 2012-11-19, 10:41
LBA2 Maestro

Yesterday I played Aliens VS Predator 2010 for the first time, pretty cool game and nice graphics ;D
Old 2012-11-20, 20:15
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_matrox View Post
Couldn't agree more. I actually like the whole Hitman saga, and the new hitman that is about to come out "Hitman: Absolution" looks really cool, there is a bonus mission for anyone who preordered the game, "Hitman: Sniper challenge" and you can tell the style hasn't changed.
I've been playing Absolution for 3 or 4 days at a friend's who works in a gaming store and I'm disappointed to tell you Absolution is not as great as blood money. Less freedom, looks more like a Splinter Cell game than a real hitman game... only in some missions you have multiple choices to kill a target, in most levels you don't have to kill a target, but progress, going on, reaching a certain place, like any other stealth game. I'm kind of disappointed, but I can't say it's a bad game, it's just not in the hitman style. It's made of missions with multiple levels, not one mission only contracts... Maybe I just need to get used to it, it's just not what I expected. I bought Blood Money without thinking a minute about it... I don't feel the same way about Absolution.

EDIT: Finished... it took only 7-9 hours. What a disappointment... Not going to buy, instead I just discovered by accident that blood money is FREE with google chrome! If you haven't played the game yet, do it now! It works perfectly, you just need chrome and an add on by square enix
http://beta.coreonline.com/hitman-blood-money/

Last edited by Streg; 2012-11-21 at 17:51.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
I've been playing Absolution for 3 or 4 days at a friend's who works in a gaming store and I'm disappointed to tell you Absolution is not as great as blood money. Less freedom, looks more like a Splinter Cell game than a real hitman game... only in some missions you have multiple choices to kill a target, in most levels you don't have to kill a target, but progress, going on, reaching a certain place, like any other stealth game. I'm kind of disappointed, but I can't say it's a bad game, it's just not in the hitman style. It's made of missions with multiple levels, not one mission only contracts... Maybe I just need to get used to it, it's just not what I expected. I bought Blood Money without thinking a minute about it... I don't feel the same way about Absolution.

EDIT: Finished... it took only 7-9 hours. What a disappointment... Not going to buy, instead I just discovered by accident that blood money is FREE with google chrome! If you haven't played the game yet, do it now! It works perfectly, you just need chrome and an add on by square enix
http://beta.coreonline.com/hitman-blood-money/
I was going to buy Absolution today, but since I don't want to waste money, I'll try it out first. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 2012-11-27, 17:26
strange dreamer

Anyone tried Limbo ?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2012-11-27, 22:23
strange dreamer

Haha, nope, not that one.

THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBwfZ8iAYU

Winner of over 90 awards, highly rated by critics, acclaimed as a masterpiece by players.
And I tend to agree, even though I have discovered it only yesterday and played just a bit.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2012-11-27, 23:58
Polly parrot

I didn't play it fully, but true, it seems wonderful so far.
Old 2012-11-28, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Haha, nope, not that one.

THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBwfZ8iAYU

Winner of over 90 awards, highly rated by critics, acclaimed as a masterpiece by players.
And I tend to agree, even though I have discovered it only yesterday and played just a bit.
Looks nice!

00:28 is that a mosquebee?
Old 2012-11-28, 03:14
strange dreamer

No, just a giant mosquito.
Quote:

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2012-11-29 at 02:20.
Old 2012-11-28, 10:30
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Both the last window and Hotel Dusk are in my list, but I'm waiting for a more calm moment to play an adventure I've never played before... Oh, ok, actually I totally forgot I had these games, I'm starting The Last Window today while I wait for the bus/tube! :P

Tags
games, videogames