Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2012-04-14, 07:02
Quetching a Mr.

Adeline Brawlers (Super Smash Bros) LBA

I am still pretty new here on MBN, and in my opinion, I came up with this crazy idea! I am not sure if any of you have played Super Smash Bros before, maybe some of you. But it has been released worldwide (I think) a few years ago. The last one made was Super Smash Bros Brawl, I say Smash Bros for short. Super Smash Bros is a fighting game, it is 3D, but you fight in a 2D Path. The last one alive in the battle wins. The Game was released by Nintendo, so it has many Characters from Nintendo. Anyways, after playing, and beating all three of these games made so far, I decided to come up with this Game.

I have just barely started development, but it might just be cancelled like all others. But hopefully this can be finished.

I want you all to know this. If you want to help, feel free! Seriously Quetches, I just started this so if anyone wants to, and is willing, you can help out!

Note: This game will have Characters from these games:
LBA
LBA2
Alone in the Dark
Time Commando

So far, this is what I have come up with:
Title: Adeline Brawlers
Characters: Twinsen, Zoe, Funfrock, Jerome, Soldier (LBA1), Emily, Edward, Albrecht, and Stanley.

So, if any of you want to help, feel free. And what do you Quetches think? Is this a good idea? Or should I just stop it?
Old 2012-04-14, 11:47
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Are you making the game from scratch?
It might be easier to see if its possible to reskin the actual smash brothers game with LBA characters then play on a emulator? :P

Not sure how much is known of Nintendo file formats , but someone did rip the whole of Twlight Princess's textures and models once.
Old 2012-04-14, 19:16
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Are you making the game from scratch?
It might be easier to see if its possible to reskin the actual smash brothers game with LBA characters then play on a emulator? :P

Not sure how much is known of Nintendo file formats , but someone did rip the whole of Twlight Princess's textures and models once.
I was planning on from scratch. But I have seen some rips of Characters from Twilight Princess, and actually Super Smash Bros Brawl too. But then we would need to change the shape of the Characters so it wouldn't look like Link had Twinsen's Eyes and Ponytail for Example. And I don't know of an emulator to use, but we could try to look for one.

I was planning on using a Drag-And-Drop Program callled Game Maker. I am so used to the layout, it might not be too hard. The Platform Game Takam and Cocopuffs mad and called Twinsen was made with the exact Program I use, "Game Maker". I was thinking the settings 3D, as there are few limited functions with 3D options in Game Maker. And the Characters would be Sprites that looked at the Camera. It would be super high-res sprites though, not small sprites like 16x16, maybe like 600x1000.

But if we can, it would be great to have an emulator, and 3D models, and an easier Program that I could understand somehow.
Old 2012-04-15, 22:34
Polly parrot

Put in that Shaman from Soul Bubbles plsplsplspls !!!

Joke, do whatever you have time/energy/will for, this sounds fun, I hope it'll get finished !
Old 2012-04-16, 03:57
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Put in that Shaman from Soul Bubbles plsplsplspls !!!

Joke, do whatever you have time/energy/will for, this sounds fun, I hope it'll get finished !
I have never played Soul Bubbles before. There could be a possibility though that maybe I could put him in. Is he that dude that looks like a miniature Twinsen?

I will continue to work on the project, I already have about around 15% of the sounds for the game already complete. If I continue this, it should be done sometime before 2013. But if it takes awhile longer, before 2014 for sure! I promise!

I just came up with this recently, and I might put him in...
What would you think about the possibility of playing as Frederick Raynal?! If I put him in, he would probably be the hardest person in the entire game to beat. He would be one of the most strongest, and he would be really hard to unlock! Wow, I am pumped now! I need to continue this!
Old 2012-04-16, 18:12
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
Is he that dude that looks like a miniature Twinsen?
Yep, he is. His Japanese alter-ego is a bit different though

If you put in Fred, others might be jealous
Old 2012-04-17, 02:24
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Yep, he is. His Japanese alter-ego is a bit different though

If you put in Fred, others might be jealous
What do you mean, jealous? Do you mean jealous, like some of the other Game Creators Fred worked with back then? Like when he had the argument with the Sequal of Alone in the Dark and left Infogrames to go start Adeline Software International?

Or do you just mean jealous like some people in general?
Old 2012-04-17, 14:23
Polly parrot

The first one
Old 2012-04-17, 16:11
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
It wasn't just Fred that left, it was his whole team.
If Fred has the "honor" of being in a smash brothers style game (even Nintendo doesn't use Miyamoto, hilarious though that would be :P), then other members of Adeline would also deserve to be in their imho.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2012-04-17 at 16:28.
Old 2012-04-17, 16:40
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
The first one
That could be, but I still might put him in. Even though other developers would be jealous.
Old 2012-04-17, 16:42
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
It wasn't just Fred that left, it was his whole team.
If Fred has the "honor" of being in a smash brothers style game (even Nintendo doesn't use Miyamoto, hilarious though that would be :P), then other members of Adeline would also deserve to be in their imho.
I know, I have seen the Alone in the Dark GDC Video on Youtube, and I have read on Wikipedia as well. I love learning about Frederick Raynal and how Games came to be, back 20 years ago.

So... I shouldn't put Fred in my Game?
Also, what does "Imho" mean?
Old 2012-04-17, 17:44
Classic

"In My Humble Opinion" - kinda a pointless statement really, as its obvious :P

Tags
adeline, brawl, lba1, lba2