Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2012-07-16, 20:56
Quetching a Mr.

Post LBA Programs For Time Commando?

I haven't made a post in quite awhile. I hope all of you still love me, and I will still be sticking around. Since I haven't made a post in quite awhile, I have decided to come up with this. This has nothing to do with LBA, but it might in some ways. LBA 2 and Time Commando were made by the same people. Of course we know who these poeple are, Frederick Raynal, and his team. When you play LBA 2 and Time Commando, everything seems, and looks so similar. The graphics, the models, even some of the sounds are the same in both games. I've heard Funfrock's sounds in Time Commando from LBA 2. I've even heard the rocket ship above head in Time Commando, which you also hear in LBA 2 at the ending as the Esmer Shuttle is flying over head above the people on Desert Island.

Becuase of all of these similar subjects, I was wondering:

Is it possible to use the LBA Image Viewer, for the sprites and backgrounds from Time Commando?

Is it possible to use the LBA Model Viewer for Time Commando models?

Is it possible to use the LBA Package Editor to open files from Time Commando?

Some of these, I might already know the answers to. Nowadays, I still do some research, and I still look around to see if these are possible to do. I got Time Commando from GOG months ago, I looked in the folder, and it had an HQR file. I opened it up with the LBA Package Editor, but nothing was recognized. The graphics are so similar in LBA 2 and Time Commando. Wouldn't Time Commando have the same model format as the models in LBA 2. If yes, I would be very happy. If no, I would probably do some more research and see if I could find anything new.

Anyways, hope to hear from you all later. I need to close this right now, because I have somewhere to be. Best Regards - MrQuetch
Old 2012-07-17, 02:17
Polly parrot

There are no time commando modding tools as far as I know...
Old 2012-07-17, 18:37
Magic Ball Master

Well what files are in your Time Commando folder? Are they HQR's? Can LBA package manager open them?
Old 2012-07-17, 19:52
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
There are no time commando modding tools as far as I know...
I know that. But I am asking this, can some LBA Programs open up some of the Time Commando files too?
Old 2012-07-17, 19:59
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Well what files are in your Time Commando folder? Are they HQR's? Can LBA package manager open them?
There are all kinds of different files. There are TXT's, BAT's, EXE's, and more. There are also a lot of TCS's, which I honestly have no idea what these files are. Some can be opened up by everyone's computer, while others can only be opened by the creators. Yes, there are HQR's. LBA Package Editor can open the HQR file up. But, all of the entries are blank. I think it shows this, because no one has found out what these entries are yet. If there is some one that has found out what these files are, I don't know who it would be.
Old 2012-07-17, 21:52
Magic Ball Master

I have made long time ago few Time Commando entry descriptions and I think it never got updated in LBA Packaged Editor. Got to check my backups for that. Anyway, it was really few.

Some images can be open with Image Viewer, I remember at least extract the Menu image.

As for models, I think the format is the same as LBA2 or at least very very close to it. If you manage to extract the models it should open in the viewer.

Scenes and all the rest are specific and we don't have anything to load it.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-07-18, 05:54
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
I have made long time ago few Time Commando entry descriptions and I think it never got updated in LBA Packaged Editor. Got to check my backups for that. Anyway, it was really few.

Some images can be open with Image Viewer, I remember at least extract the Menu image.

As for models, I think the format is the same as LBA2 or at least very very close to it. If you manage to extract the models it should open in the viewer.

Scenes and all the rest are specific and we don't have anything to load it.
Thanks for the information, alexfont. I will see what I can do.
Old 2015-03-03, 01:52
the legend

I am currently in love with Time Commando and want to see the models and their animations in a viewer, too. They are quality stuff, as good as those from LBAs.

I've tried on my own but failed. My knowledge of this stuff is limited. So I hope someone out there can help me. The main game HQR file seems to be ressourc.hqr , download it here.

Attached are the main files on the CD. You guys are my last hope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tc.jpg‎
Views:	133
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	9951  

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Tags
frederick raynal, lba1, lba2, time commando