Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2014-10-16, 07:21
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsen Twinsen's Structure

I have come to realize that Twinsen has such a simple structure, yet when I come to draw him on paper or model him on a 3D program, it never looks exactly like his "complex" structure. I have a post from either a year or two ago, and it features one of my older Twinsen models. Some liked the color of his robe, and others said that he had the structure of an urban thug.

Has anyone else thought of or even considered this same idea? I think a problem of mine is trying to get down the small features on his face. You have got to admit, his lip radius or diameter is so small, that Adeline probably didn't even need to model the lips that high polygon for the cut scenes of either LBA 1 or 2. Heck, even in the close ups you can never see all of the polygons on Twinsen's lips. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter.

We all appreciate the game for what it is, and there are all kinds of limitations. I guess they just had to make the best out of what they had.
Old 2014-10-17, 11:39
Polly parrot

Use this shape as a reference when modelling his head.
(kinda big image)
Spoiler:

No wonder the specie is called quetsch, what is on the picture has the same name
Old 2014-10-17, 12:11
Let's make LBA 3 happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
Has anyone else thought of or even considered this same idea? I think a problem of mine is trying to get down the small features on his face. You have got to admit, his lip radius or diameter is so small, that Adeline probably didn't even need to model the lips that high polygon for the cut scenes of either LBA 1 or 2. Heck, even in the close ups you can never see all of the polygons on Twinsen's lips. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter.
Well, I wanted to make my own 3d model of Twinsen some time ago and I stumbled upon these problems too. His shape and structure are pretty abstract.

I have the feeling that the 3d model of the cgi cutscenes of Twinsen (in LBA 2 for example) sometimes change from time to time.

My guess is that the people who made the animated cutscenes didn't completely know what is correct structure was. So you don't have to worry too much on the correct shape I think
Old 2014-10-17, 13:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I certainly had trouble the times I tried to model him. Just cant get the feel right.
Pitty as I want to 3D Print him sometime.
Old 2014-10-18, 15:57
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I certainly had trouble the times I tried to model him. Just cant get the feel right.
Pitty as I want to 3D Print him sometime.
If I ever get my hands on a 3D Printer, the first thing I'll do is to print a dinofly for myself

Tags
lba1, lba2, structure, twinsen, twinsun