Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2006-03-18, 10:48
Clack

Unhappy Relentless on XP

Hello... 2 years ago i installed LBA 2 on my Computer (Worked with no Problems) i played it all the time ^^ - Later on i found Relentless in my dads Box for old games, I tryed to install it on my computer... it worked and when i camed to the Menu in the game evreything was moving fast... Music worked but when i started the game and i camed to the Movie at beginning... when the movie ended the game shut down, Then dad searched for something at the Internet... The game stated to work!! Woohoo!! - Now i tryed again... now i cant even install it X_X not even LBA2 - It says that it only works for DOS and i got Windows XP - PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 2006-03-18, 11:09
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
About LBA1 , get this program here http://lbawin.akoonet.com/mantis/view.php?id=0000450 . Install it , run it with the LBA1 CD inside and it will work . For LBA2 , I don't think it says the DOS error problem .... LBA2 is mainly for Windows and there's no edition what so ever that has only the DOS version ... so , keep trying
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-03-18, 11:25
LBA Fan

Twinsen Hey

Hello... its me Clark... i forgot to logg in thats why i used another name xD

LBA2 Worked to start... but there are no voices... and its like 4 LBAs Mixed together so the game got a real freaky Graphic X_X Its Unplayable... and when i camed into my option screen the game shuts down.. but the music still plays... i LOVE the LBA2 Music ^^

Anyway plz help me

And i cant find the Relentless CD... you think the Patch (Or watever it is you wanted me to download for Relentless) Works on Downloaded Relentless?? Cuz i REALLY want that game to work... all since i was 2 years old and my dad played it.. ^^
Old 2006-03-18, 11:46
LBA Fan

Unhappy

Well... it says that LBA2 isnt accessible for Windows and DOS- Programs... Wat i do??
Old 2006-03-18, 13:14
LBA Fan

Awnser me!!!!
Old 2006-03-18, 14:47
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I never even heard of this message, don't know what that could be about...
Old 2006-03-18, 15:56
Twinsunian Quetch

FOR LBA 2 : LBA2 isnt accessible for Windows and DOS- Programs ?????????????? That is the error when you come to the option menu ??????? If it is , download this patch : http://www.magicball.net/disknode/ge...h.zip?download
FOR LBA 1 : If you don't have LBA1 CD , the program won't work . Explain to me EXACTLY what the error says , both on LBA 1 & LBA 2
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-03-19, 00:15
LBA Fan

Twinsen

I cant find the LBA1 CD right now... so i havent tryed it xD

The LBA2 Error is like this: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. System File is not suitable to run DOS- and Microsoft Windows-Program. Choose Close to quit the Program - Then i can choose to Quit or Ignore the error... Nothing happens either wat i click

Im not from England/USA so it might not be saying that in English
(Had to Translate it into English from Swedish) anyway thats what it says...
Old 2006-03-19, 06:06

OK, I thought that it might be that.

This is, of course, the famous autoexec.nt problem. To solve it, copy the autoexec.nt file from your Windows XP CD to c:\windows\system32 (overwrite existing file). If you don't have the CD, search for the file in Google/eMule.
Old 2006-03-19, 10:04
Twinsunian Quetch

Exactly ... or if you don't find it , search it on the web . I had that problem too ... really nasty
Old 2006-03-19, 11:14
LBA Fan

Ive downloaded the File but i cant Extract it
Old 2006-03-19, 11:17
LBA Fan

Voices??

By the way... When i start it i dont hear any voices at the cinematic
Old 2006-03-19, 11:25
LBA Fan

Lba3 - Demo

By the way... i downloaded the LBA3 - DEMO... THe graphics on house is soooo cool... But on Twinsen i think that LBA2 has more "Fummy" Graphics

And cant u play more then inside the house??
And by the way... Who maded the Game??
Cuz its awsome if it gets finnished soon
Old 2006-03-19, 13:25
Do the evolution.

Quetch made it, using my Twinsnen character.
In my sig you'll find a demo of my fan game.
Control the game with the cursor keys, and the mouse, change the res with F5.
Old 2006-03-19, 13:32
Twinsunian Quetch

Yep . Jasiek , do you like my new Twinsen ? It's in my thread . I think it's the best Twinsen I ever made ( I told you the other ones were "wrong" about something ... ) ... also check your thread for my response to your hair animation problem Zac , thanks SOOOO much for the comment And about Autoexec.nt , try downloading it from the net .... search Autoexec.nt on google
Old 2006-03-19, 14:18
LBA Fan

Wink Twinsen Graphics

I really like what you guys are trying to do ^^ - And i really mean it!!

To be honnest... in the LBA Demo... Twinsen looked kinda Boring (With the Graphics) I mean when hes walking - hes looking like a thick walking stick...

Otherwise the graphics of the house is cool ^^

I tryed to walk out of the house and i fell down into a black hole
Old 2006-03-19, 14:30
LBA Fan

Twinsen

By the way... i would really wana know what program u using to make those graphics... i might not be a Pro for Programming... but it seems cool (And fun)

LBA1 and 2 is my Favorite by the old games - First time i saw it was when i was 2-3 years old and my dad played it... allreaddy then i sneaked into my dads computer to play it... even when he was working at hes job xD

Ive played it for 10 years now - ive finnished it like 50 time (only LBA2 Cuz i havent got LBA1 to work yet) And i havent stoped to play it yet!!!!

Then 2 years ago i changed computer with my mom... we moved it and reinstalled it... now i cant play LBA2 anymore and im really sad about it

Thats why i really wana know what i need to do to get LBA2 Fixed...

And i really need to find a Cheap way to Get a LBA1 CD thats WORKING on Windows XP

I downloaded LBA1 but it says exactly as it does for LBA2 (Look up in a earlyer post) I want that to work too... i havent ever got it fixed so i havent played it... dad fixed it like 1 week bfor i moved the comp he fixed it on

Enough with that, now, plz tell me what program you use to programming LBA1 and 2
Old 2006-03-19, 14:37
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
This is, of course, the famous autoexec.nt problem. To solve it, copy the autoexec.nt file from your Windows XP CD to c:\windows\system32 (overwrite existing file). If you don't have the CD, search for the file in Google/eMule.
Or install Windows 2000, which does NOT have this problem.

On a more serious note, though, there was some unofficial LBAWin solution, intended mainly only for the floppy versions of LBA 1, made by alexfont, but it was done for version 0.8.0 of LBAWin. It doesn't work with version 0.8.1.
Old 2006-03-19, 14:41
LBA Fan

What do you mean??
Old 2006-03-19, 15:00
LBA Fan

By the way... Where can i get Fun Frogs Graphic Patch??
Old 2006-03-19, 15:43
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
By the way... Where can i get Fun Frogs Graphic Patch??
http://www.magicball.net/disknode/ge...h.zip?download
Old 2006-03-19, 21:13

What is that autoexec.nt thing about, anyway? It seems like anyone with XP was infected by this thingy...
Old 2006-03-19, 23:25
LBA Fan

I downloaded LBA1 Today and it worked to play... I played it... but there was no voices, Music, Or sound... and the Video was laggy... i tryed to go into the setup screen and fix it... but when i changed the Video,sound and music options... it diddnt work to start... PLEASE HELP!!
Old 2006-03-20, 01:53
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- morshem: AUTOEXEC.NT is a file, which is needed to run 16-bit Windows and MS-DOS programs under all NT-based Windows versions - from Windows NT 3.1 to Windows Vista. It seems like Windows XP doesn't provide that file by default, so you have to manually copy it from the Windows XP CD.

But it also doesn't occur in all Windows XP versions. I was at lbaguy3d's home on the summer of 2004, and he has Windows XP installed, but both LBA 1 and LBA 2 worked perfectly there, although LBA 1 needed LBAWin and LBA 2 needed FunnyFrog's patch in order to run correctly.

Also, I used both Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 (I'm using Windows 2000 right now), and I never had the AUTOEXEC.NT problem in any of the two. It seems like something got screwed up during the development of one of the versions of Windows XP.
Old 2006-03-20, 03:10

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Zac, there is an edit button at the bottom of your post.

Try not to make double/tripple posts in the thread.

Thanks and good luck with the game.